What are you guys hearing about Bryant Allen?

KU4LIFE

Reaction score
The speedster out out of Maplewood, MO is currently on a official visit to Kansas. Coach Warinner and Mangino have been in his house in the last couple of weeks as well. Word is KU might be telling him he can play basketball too. I know he visited Minnesota in the past, but wondered if you guys had any update on him outside of him saying he's going to decide on the 18th?

Kansas got in late. Word is he's own to Minnesota and Mizzou. That said if Kansas can really wow him with this visit I suppose that could change.

KU has been on him for a long time. We just now were able to get him in for an official visit. KU doesn't usually bring in visitors until December. The fact he canceled his Mizzou official visit this weekend to come to Kansas has to say something. That and the fact KU is also telling him he could play basketball here too. To many kids in the Midwest that's tough to pass up.

KU has been on him for a long time. We just now were able to get him in for an official visit. KU doesn't usually bring in visitors until December. The fact he canceled his Mizzou official visit this weekend to come to Kansas has to say something. That and the fact KU is also telling him he could play basketball here too. To many kids in the Midwest that's tough to pass up.

Are you sure that he is taking an official to Kansas over the weekend? He was supposed to have a basketball tournament this weekend which is the reason he couldn't make the visit to Mizzou. As of last week he was saying that he wasn't going to be able to make an official visit to Kansas but he wouldn't hold it against them in his decision making process. Did something change last minute?

He is making his decision on Thursday so we aren't going to have to wait very long to find out.

I think his final six were officially: Illinois State, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri,and Wisconsin

Eliminate Illinois State because it is Illinois State. Eliminate Iowa & Wisconsin because he has said that he wants to play in a wide open passing offense.

That leaves Kansas, Minnesota, and Missouri. Everyone in MN has been eliminating Kansas due to the lack of an official visit (if what you said was true that changes things) and that leaves Minnesota & Missouri.

Overall Minnesota fans feel confident that we have a good chance for Allen. He has said that he really likes our coaches. The coaches have made it clear to him that we need playmakers at WR and Allen is confident that he could come in and make plays for us.

Hope we can reel this kid in. I think he would be a big get. I'm getting tired of waiting and watching McNeal going to his new fav every week

Are you sure that he is taking an official to Kansas over the weekend?

I don't pay at Rival's to get the story, but their is an article on the KU rivals site about his surprise visit to KU on Sunday.

I liked our chances more when I thought it was just Missouri & Minnesota. I really felt like he had already decided on Minnesota. I guess we'll just have to wait until Thursday to find out.

Radio station 1380AM in St. Louis says as of tonight Bryant Allen's top 2 are Kansas and Minnesota. His top five is Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Mizzou, and Indiana. Jayhawk Slant will have an update on Allen this evening. Btw, Allen is cousin's with Jayhawk WR Raymond Brown. Brown is also from St. Louis.

Radio station 1380AM in St. Louis says as of tonight Bryant Allen's top 2 are Kansas and Minnesota. His top five is Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Mizzou, and Indiana. Jayhawk Slant will have an update on Allen this evening. Btw, Allen is cousin's with Jayhawk WR Raymond Brown. Brown is also from St. Louis.

Not that it matters but the fifth is Wisconsin, not Indiana. He isn't taking either of them anyway...

I would totally buy Kansas & Minnesota as the final two. Minnesota fans were confident that we had edged out Missouri. Kansas' late entry scares me but we'll all find out on Thursday.

As a Kansas fan I would like to say I feel confident in landing Allen, but Minnesota definitely scares me the most. He spoke very highly of Minneapolis and the Gopher coaches.

Top Bottom