What are you cooking for the game?

I do have an amazing blue cheese potato recipe, if anyone wants let me know. Life changing and very simple.

I'm making some sandwiches called "The Tony" I used to get at Vescio's in Dinkytown. Italian sausage patty and provolone toasted on white bread and served with a bowl of marinara to dip in and some kettle chips.
Isn't this the oh so politically incorrectly named "Dago Sandwich?"

Of course it's fine to use this name if pronounced "Dah-go Sandwich"...

We’re hosting some friends for the game. I’m barbecuing 2 Tri Tip over charcoal and pecan wood chunks. I’ll add a couple of kielbasa on there too for an appetizer to pair with cheese cubes and cherry tomatoes. My wife is from the California Central Valley and her dad was a barbeque master. My wife is going to make Santa Maria Beans and Rice Pilaf along with a Romaine lettuce salad w/buttermilk dressing...and Sourdough bread!
It should warm us up nicely for kickoff!
Ski U Mah!

We’re hosting some friends for the game. I’m barbecuing 2 Tri Tip over charcoal and pecan wood chunks. I’ll add a couple of kielbasa on there too for an appetizer to pair with cheese cubes and cherry tomatoes. My wife is from the California Central Valley and her dad was a barbeque master. My wife is going to make Santa Maria Beans and Rice Pilaf along with a Romaine lettuce salad w/buttermilk dressing...and Sourdough bread!
Ski U Mah!
Tri tip are great. I first had one when I lived in CA.

Tri Tip have been difficult to find here in Minnesota. We’ve been married for 25 years and just now in the last 3 or 4 years they’ve started to carry it at BOB’s Produce in Fridley, and I’ve even found them at Costco too on occasion. We’ll be loving some in Roseville tomorrow! I’ll try to post a picture in the thread on Saturday or Sunday.

Baby backs on the Kamado, crock pot Mac n Cheese, and BBQ Beans.

Ski U Mah!
Can't believe I just discovered pecan in the last year for red meat, not just for the wood pellets/chips but for the seasoning as well. Nothing else comes close

Prime Brisket from Costco on the Traeger. 10 hours. Nothing better with College Game Day on in the background.

Tri Tip have been difficult to find here in Minnesota. We’ve been married for 25 years and just now in the last 3 or 4 years they’ve started to carry it at BOB’s Produce in Fridley, and I’ve even found them at Costco too on occasion. We’ll be loving some in Roseville tomorrow! I’ll try to post a picture in the thread on Saturday or Sunday.
Yes tri tip are hard to find in the Midwest. I find them at Fareway but you can ask a butcher for them as a special order.

Spaghetti and meat balls, with Hormel pepperoni chunks (not slices) and ground beef. The secret is Del Monte's "chili style" chopped tomatoes (hard to find recently) in addition to Ragu, because they have some spice to them. Add also chopped celery, onion, garlic and green bell pepper.

I will say allrecipe.com is a great source of information. I even Steal ideas from some especially Chef John. I tweak them to what we like. I will give basic smoking advice. Best wood for a meat. And basic smoking information. I'm a retired day trader. I got sick of working 60 hrs a week at a restaurant. I made good money but I make almost as much selling stocks.

You know the secrets.

Got the pot roast in the slow cooker as we speak. Meat and potatoes before the game.

I'm about to go out and get the makings for chili. The funny thing is that I use a modified Hungarian Goulash recipe from allrecipe.com. I substitute chili powder and crushed chili flakes for paprika.

I will say allrecipe.com is a great source of information. I even Steal ideas from some especially Chef John. I tweak them to what we like. I will give basic smoking advice. Best wood for a meat. And basic smoking information. I'm a retired day trader. I got sick of working 60 hrs a week at a restaurant. I made good money but I make almost as much selling stocks.
My basic smoking advice: Yes, before the meal. It will enhance the experience.

Isn't this the oh so politically incorrectly named "Dago Sandwich?"

Of course it's fine to use this name if pronounced "Dah-go Sandwich"...
No, the Hot Dago is from DeGidio's in St. Paul, The Tony is from the now closed Vescio's.

Ribs have been on for 3 hours and smell so good. I dont want to wait to eat them.

My chili is cooking it has about an hour to go. I had a chili contest with a group canceled, that I was excited about, so I decided to make it for the game instead.

Wings are on the grill. Shrimp skewers are cued up next.

I'm hoping to finally get a new grill. My old one got blown off my deck during a thunderstorm and all the rust holding it together gave way. So I'm eating a club wrap in a garden spinach tortilla.

Pizza delivery.

Top Bottom