What an incredible ride for Jon Hoese

Schlic Daddy

Reaction score
To have a game like this with all he's dealt with in the last week. Congratulations to him and hopefully this will help ease some pain. I hope his dad has a speedy recovery.

This. Very happy for the kid.

That was very cool.

Unfortunately, Brewster showed off his secret play......the fullback dive......

I'd love to see the scene in the locker room post game. Has to be emotional for that kid, wishing his family all the best.

I was thrilled with the goalline playcalling. Congrats to Jon and the oline.

Great game for the Hoese family. Hopefully it makes their situation just a little bit easier.

I'd love to see the scene in the locker room post game. Has to be emotional for that kid, wishing his family all the best.

This. I really want to see a clip of this show up on the Brewtube (play4brew.com), but I understand why it probably won't.

Saw Jon after the game, big smile on his face, gripping the game ball. The Gopher family has embraced the Hoeses and you can see it on Jon's face and in his mom's words on the Caring Bridge site. Good night for a great kid and a great family.

I definitely had a STRONG feeling that if Jon was going to play, he was absolutely going to dominate. If my dad was in the shape that his was in, I would want to run through MOUNTAINS. Truth.

After remembering how I felt while dealing with my mom's terminal illness (and I was almost the exact same age as Jon is now), my heart really goes out to him.

Let's hope and pray for Terry's full recovery, and hats off to Jon for an All-American game last night!

Jon isn't Captain by accident. He will have a great season. Keep praying for his Dad.

Where was that play @ Iowa last year on the goal line.

Here's to better things this year!

And great effort by Jon....and kudos to his teammates for picking him up and helping him be successful.

GM

What an amazing performance.....it's interesting how different athletes react to these types of situations. My junior year in college my Mom lost her battle with breast cancer. I was a pitcher and during the last month before she died, I literally couldn't throw a strike....couldn't concentrate...didn't want to play. My hats off to Jon.....and prayers to his family.

My Dad was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer last year and I wasn't able to function for weeks afterwards. The courage he showed last night was incredible. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family in this trying time.

I'm so incredibly happy that Jon H. was able to have a good game and help the team win. That was most likely a night he will remember for the rest of his life. I'm not sure how many 20 something's out there would have reacted as well as he did.

Top Bottom