Whaley

#93fanclub

Reaction score
Is Whaley still injured? I know the problem with the run game goes beyond the backs, but Whaley can scoot.

I heard that Whaley is suspended from playing due to off the field issues. Too bad we need him.

Rumor is they are trying to keep his suspension under the radar, since the incident ocurred in a bar. Hopefully he will be back soon.

Uh huh...and Maturi is going to be ok with hiding something like this? Because I'm sure there is a great chance of Brewster and his staff making sure Maturi doesn't know if its already out on a message board from a random brand new poster. Yea...that sounds about right.

I didn't mean hide it from Maturi. I just meant not releasing it to the media. There's no reason to announce something negative like that.

I didn't mean hide it from Maturi. I just meant not releasing it to the media. There's no reason to announce something negative like that.

Wasn't referring to you SD...I was responding to blarney's "under the radar" post. However, if they were suspending him they'd announce it to the media. They wouldn't say why other than "violation of team rules". Suspending a kid but hiding it from the news outlets A) undercuts the punishment and B) is a good way to get the media all over your a**. Remember, cover ups don't fly here after Haskins and Brew has shown himself plenty willing to cut kids loose who cause trouble.

Sounds like alot of speculation that is better left alone until the facts are known. You know the saying,"Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill." Let Brewster and Maturi handle it if there is anything to handle.

there is zero chance they are hiding his suspension. That's not how things work, that is why the "violated team rules" excuse was invented. I hope this random poster is wrong, because Whaley will be a piece of the puzzle in the upcoming years.

the truth to the rumors are very true, and he really isnt the big time back everyone thinks he is anyway

It is all speculation, and rumors, but I had heard the exact same thing, from a very good source. My source had no idea how long he'd be out for - but was pretty sure that was why he wasn't playing, not due to an injury.

It is all speculation, and rumors, but I had heard the exact same thing, from a very good source. My source had no idea how long he'd be out for - but was pretty sure that was why he wasn't playing, not due to an injury.

Well if they are suspending him and hiding it, then they are just playing with fire. It will play very poorly in the press if it gets out.

Does everyopne need to know?

Is it the coaches job to tell the whole world when someone gets into trouble?

Well if they are suspending him and hiding it, then they are just playing with fire. It will play very poorly in the press if it gets out.

Not trying to fan the flames but if they are really "hiding" a suspension for an off-the-field incident, it would fit in with some other things I've heard about what is really going on over at Bierman. I never know quite what to think when I hear "inside" information, even when I know the source is indeed inside the program, but I am discouraged by this Whaley stuff because I don't want to believe any of it is true.

Is it the coaches job to tell the whole world when someone gets into trouble?

I don't think it is the job of the coaches to do this. It doesn't appear the coaches have been asked to comment on Whaley (the job of the area reporters is to ask the question) and as long as they aren't asked, why should they say anything?

So until we see a comment from the staff (which would require Youngblood or somebody else to actually ask the question), then there's no reason for us to worry about why Whaley isn't playing - the bottom line is he isn't.

Would I like to know why he isn't? Yes, but again, I don't have the opportunity to ask that question to the people who know. But the reporters for the papers do - why haven't they?

I don't think it is the job of the coaches to do this. It doesn't appear the coaches have been asked to comment on Whaley (the job of the area reporters is to ask the question) and as long as they aren't asked, why should they say anything?

So until we see a comment from the staff (which would require Youngblood or somebody else to actually ask the question), then there's no reason for us to worry about why Whaley isn't playing - the bottom line is he isn't.

Would I like to know why he isn't? Yes, but again, I don't have the opportunity to ask that question to the people who know. But the reporters for the papers do - why haven't they?

I just don't think this is how it works. Teams announce all the time that backups and starters are suspended. And most of the time, I don't believe it is in response to a press question. You don't wait until questioned because the follow up is "Why have you been hiding this/Why didn't you tell us/etc"

I just don't think this is how it works. Teams announce all the time that backups and starters are suspended. And most of the time, I don't believe it is in response to a press question. You don't wait until questioned because the follow up is "Why have you been hiding this/Why didn't you tell us/etc"

But if they haven't been asked, are they required to discuss? I'm asking because I don't know. It seems to me a judgement call by the coaches, but my opinion is that if they aren't asked and simply just don't tell, that is not covering it up. I don't know what protocal is.

The reality is that this can be cleared up quickly if Youngblood or somebody would simply ask the question - "Why isn't Whaley playing?"

But if they haven't been asked, are they required to discuss? I'm asking because I don't know. It seems to me a judgement call by the coaches, but my opinion is that if they aren't asked and simply just don't tell, that is not covering it up. I don't know what protocal is.

The reality is that this can be cleared up quickly if Youngblood or somebody would simply ask the question - "Why isn't Whaley playing?"

I get what you're saying. And I'm not positive on the protocol either...to me, it always seemed like it was a share once they suspend decision versus a share when asked move.

GopherLady, any thoughts?

I get what you're saying. And I'm not positive on the protocol either...to me, it always seemed like it was a share once they suspend decision versus a share when asked move.

GopherLady, any thoughts?

I have no idea if there is a certain protocol they follow - I know issues in the past regarding football players - they have not said anything, and with so many guys on a team (as opposed to basketball, where they have to be pretty upfront if a player is unable to play), it usually goes unnoticed.

Obviously, this is at Brew's discretion. There are some things that the public doesn't need to know - and if they're trying to protect kids and their reputations, and just privately let them live out a punishment, so be it.

This type of thing happens all over the country, some coaches choose to publicly suspend them, some suspend them and dont worry about letting anyone know, and others just let the kids play anyway, if the kids a stud, it really then obviously the coach will turn his cheek, sad but true, I would rather have Whaley on the team and suspended rather than off the team back home where he was the victim of a shooting

if you don't know what happended to whaley or didn't hear about it, you clearly are not that connected. I would say the majority of people connected know what happened.

As long as Brewster and Maturi are on the same page, I don't need to know.

If Whaley is practicing with the team, then he's not truly suspended. If he is practicing, but being held from playing, then he is in the dog house for a reason that's not being announced. It will be interesting to see if he is on the traveling team this week.

Note to 1221: What does not knowing what Whaley did have anything to do with being connected to the program? There are many ways to be connected to the program, and not all of them would gain access to that information. I'm willing to bet some players don't know the reason and I'd say they're connected to the program in a very real way.

Dog house vs. suspended.

Big difference. If he is dressed and on the sidelines, he is not suspended. He may be benched though.

Suspended?

"Brewster said redshirt freshman tailback Kevin Whaley was sidelined with a turf toe for the last two games. Whaley last carried the ball in the season opener at Syracuse."

Limping

Whaley looked like he was limping in pregames warm-ups against Cal.

Hey 1221

You were "clearly connected" on this. Funny stuff.

Top Bottom