Well, it looks like Trevor is gone for sure after this Facebook Status

My GUESS is Memphis. His JuCo teammate plays there. Memphis coaches are great "salesmen" after all.

Does he honestly believe he will be eligible to play this year with another team if his FELONY trial is still not complete? Even if the NCAA miraculously waived the requirement to sit out? This really just doesn't make sense.

Wow Art!!! you must know some reallllly cool people!

Hey everyone! Art is a 60 year old creep show who is "friends" with people who are "friends" with over 1000 people! 400 is nothing! I'm Art!!!!

You are an embarrassment.

Me? Embarrassment? You're the "tough guy" who hides behind a keyboard and tells people to eff off. It's sooooooo easy to get people like you going. Thanks for playing!

Why dont they just reinstate him? If he's guilty, they cant just kick him off the team and he goes to prison. If he's innocent, they can continue to play him and thank him for staying on the team through all the hardship and ask for him to realize they had no other choice to suspend him for a year. I think he has suffered enough for a crime he isnt guilty for (yet). And im sure he is not a dumb kid. Obviously thats how my generation writes things. We dont use proper english on everything we write except papers. So who really cares. No need to make a big deal out of it and call him dumb.

Why dont they just reinstate him? If he's guilty, they cant just kick him off the team and he goes to prison. If he's innocent, they can continue to play him and thank him for staying on the team through all the hardship and ask for him to realize they had no other choice to suspend him for a year. I think he has suffered enough for a crime he isnt guilty for (yet). And im sure he is not a dumb kid. Obviously thats how my generation writes things. We dont use proper english on everything we write except papers. So who really cares. No need to make a big deal out of it and call him dumb.

Because what you're saying makes sense and Maturi doesn't have the cajones to do that. He's innocent until proven guilty. He's not accused of a capital offense. Let him play and if he's guilty, then kick him off the team. He's already been punished enough IMO.

Minnesota Basketball

These are some ugly times for Minnesota Men's Basketball:

- Cobbs leaves

- Cory Joseph goes to UT

- Royce White situation and all the drama

- Trevor situation and all the drama

- Plugging holes in recruiting class with last minute recuits

- Court proceedings with Williams hiring process

Not a pretty picture. I am sure Tubby is not scratching his head and wondering what he got himself into at MN. Maturi just does not handle these things well and it has got to wear on Tubby.

- Cobbs leaves

- Cory Joseph goes to UT

Not a pretty picture. I am sure Tubby is not scratching his head and wondering what he got himself into at MN. Maturi just does not handle these things well and it has got to wear on Tubby.

I sick of seeing this. He was never a gopher therefore he cant be in this catagory.

Hony

- Cobbs leaves

- Cory Joseph goes to UT

On the other hand we have some really good young men who really want to be at the U of M.

Hoff, RSIII, Colt, Rodney, Devoe, etc... :clap::clap::clap:

I am optimistic about the roster we have in hand!

Go Gophers!!!

- Cobbs leaves AHANMISI REPLACES HIM.

- Cory Joseph goes to UT and BEST OF LUCK WATCHING YOUR BROTHER SHINE

- Royce White situation and all the drama BLAME THE GUY IN THE MIRROR FOR THAT

- Trevor situation and all the drama SEE IMMEDIATELY ABOVE

- Plugging holes in recruiting class with last minute recruits THREE GOOD SIGNEES THIS SPRING

- Court proceedings with Williams hiring process NO DEBATE THERE, IT'S A MESS

GLASS HALF FULL or half empty?

Does he honestly believe he will be eligible to play this year with another team if his FELONY trial is still not complete? Even if the NCAA miraculously waived the requirement to sit out? This really just doesn't make sense.

As I said, the Memphis coaches ARE persuasive and (maybe) saying what he wants to hear.

"I luv the uofm but i can only b suspended so many games for somethin I didn do so I kno there will b ppl out there bashin me 4this decision but I have 2do whats best 4 my family n me"

That's what happens when a guy with big fingers updates on his phone:clap:

Not only do I think he would be able to play somewhere in 2010-11, I believe he would've played somewhere else last season with NO suspension at all. He was basically suspended 30 games for being arrested and if he sticks around the possibility of being suspended all of NEXT year as well is a possibility.

Why wouldn't he look to go somewhere else? If Alex Daniels can go somewhere else and start on a BCS bowl team, why wouldn't a school give Trevor a shot?

the odds are not on Trevor's side for getting a waiver to play next year, the ncaa is usually extremely picky about these issues and i don't see any way Trevor's case qualifies for one, despite what other teams are telling him.

Trevor is currently telling people he is going to Memphis. (MN would have a pretty strong case of tampering if they chose to pursue it but with all the garbage going on right now, I doubt they will want more drama).

Not only do I think he would be able to play somewhere in 2010-11, I believe he would've played somewhere else last season with NO suspension at all. He was basically suspended 30 games for being arrested and if he sticks around the possibility of being suspended all of NEXT year as well is a possibility.

Why wouldn't he look to go somewhere else? If Alex Daniels can go somewhere else and start on a BCS bowl team, why wouldn't a school give Trevor a shot?

NCAA rules prevent this...unless he gets a waiver, which as most have pointed out would be very unlikely for a situation like this.

NCAA rules prevent this...unless he gets a waiver, which as most have pointed out would be very unlikely for a situation like this.

I should have been more clear. If he was able to play somewhere else, there are plenty of schools that would let him play.

On the other hand, if his trial is completed in the next 2-3 months and he's found innocent, wouldn't he have a legit reason for the NCAA to allow him to play next season for Memphis?

Even if he is found innocent, it is unlikely the NCAA would grant him a waiver to transfer and not sit out a year. The NCAA does not like to give these things out.

On the other hand, if his trial is completed in the next 2-3 months and he's found innocent, wouldn't he have a legit reason for the NCAA to allow him to play next season for Memphis?

Probably even less of a chance. Then it would an ordinary transfer.

Probably even less of a chance. Then it would an ordinary transfer.

In that scenario, being suspended an entire season for a crime he did not commit seems like anything but ordinary. Wouldn't they take that into consideration?

Top Bottom