Welcome new GopherHole members, please introduce yourself!

Season ticket holder? No. I live out-of-state.
Out of state fan? Yes. Suburbs of Des Moines, IA. Some divided loyallty last few years as I teach part time at Iowa State.
Favorite Gopher game. Either the Michigan 1977 victory, or the 1981 OSU victory that Hohensee and Jay Carroll starred in. I saw the latter game in person......

Had lots of fun in 1999 in El Paso for the Sun Bowl.

Hard to beat the experience of the Outback Bowl victory over Auburn.

Degrees from UMN in 1982 (undergrad) and 1984 (grad). I guess I have been a Gopher fan since I was 9 (1969). Murray Warmath was still coach then.

Was a long-time poster in the old days (moniker = Anderson8284). Got tired of some of the Board crap, and took a 4-5 year hiatus. Been back posting sporadically for two years or so. I think that the Board is a lot better lately.

Go Gophers, ski-u-mah, beat West Virginia!

Or a Hall of Fame thread.
Loon, ChinaGopher and the chair, bob39, Oldtimer and his sweetie.
There have been some great ones.
Yes, all of these are HoF material. I am pretty sure that Oldtimer has passed. I stopped and saw him and Sweetie about 15 years ago at their home. He was saying that he was not feeling well and IIRC he told me that he was born in 1924, so he would be getting up there. He and Sweetie were as gracious as one would imagine. Oldtimer was a sportswriter and he was in the press box for the two Gopher Rose Bowls. Enjoyed his posts and miss them.

72 grad of SDSU. Still a big supporter of jackrabbit sports. Beating the Bison is like beating Wisconsin!
I became a gopher fan when I moved to Minnesota in the late 70s. My first gopher game in the barn was in the late 70s-early 80s and the gophers were ranked and playing the number 1 ranked team (Marquette maybe). I was sitting in the third deck where if you stood up you felt like you could fall over onto the floor. We won that game and I have been a gopher fan since. That game was the only time I ever got goose bumps and the hair stood up on the back of my neck.

I am a 30+ year reader but have not signed up to post until now. Gopherhole was just about unreadable for awhile with the highjacking of many posts By people with an axe to grind. I had to post my opinion about the Ben Johnson hiring not being about race but about hiring a good coach. Ben will be an awesome coach.

-Graduated from U of M Grad School 2011.
-HS Coach and general football fan.
-Big Gopher fan (only really follow Football and Basketball)
-Infrequent poster, but avid reader!
-Moniker is after Jedd Fisch's tagline on his playbook - Go-Pher Touchdowns - dude was one of a kind.

Glad to be here!

Each year as we approach the start of the football season, we get a slew of new members, this year is no different. For those that have recently registered for an account, welcome! Please introduce yourself: season ticket holder? Out of state fan? Favorite Gopher game?
Hello all. Born and raised in Mpls (my first 35 years). Moved out east, PA, Jersey, been here in Ypsilanti, MI for 12 yrs. Retired and playing online poker. Best Early Gopher memories are being a Boy Scout in late 60s, Ushering Gopher football and basketball games. Awesome experience. Still a huge fan of all Gopher sports. Let's Go!

Each year as we approach the start of the football season, we get a slew of new members, this year is no different. For those that have recently registered for an account, welcome! Please introduce yourself: season ticket holder? Out of state fan? Favorite Gopher game?

Well good Gopher Football fans, for those that don't know me, I'm TALON, and you're NOT! ;-) I am a Georgia Southern Football half breed Gopher transplant fan.

The only reason I post this is for the Gopher Football fans that are new to the site and don't know me. I have become a Gopher Football fan and like the group of people that post here!

I am a Georgia Southern Football fan that has total RESPECT for the Gopher's Football team and especially the fans on this site!!! I was very impressed with the fan's responses on this site when I was here a month before our game with the Gophers.

I met many of you on the Gopher Hole a few years back when the Georgia Southern University EAGLES, played you and your team beat us by one score. In order for that close score to happen the Gophers had to have had a off day and Georgia Southern have a good day!

At that time Southern used an offense called the Gun Option, if you can call that peace of $h!t option offense! The G-Option surely isn't a true Triple Option Offense, like what we use to use called the Flex Triple -Option. In the Gun Option you really only have the QB Keep or pitch portion option. The 2 fazes of the Gun Option could be easily read because the QB and backs were 5-8 feet behind the LOS. I was surprised Southern kept it that close to the Gophers using, the Sucking Gun Option!

Here's TO THE GOPHERS WINNING YOUR 2021 BOWL GAME!

Last edited:

It’s about time I made an account on here… I remember reading posts on here in middle school but now the time feels right. Coming from the west suburbs (not edina), I am a third generation student here at the U and am currently a sophomore. I’ve been going to gopher games since I was 2 months old (section 125 in the dome) and the gophs have always been my favorite sports team. I can count the number of home games i’ve missed on my fingers. I’m a big fan of this website and all who contribute to it. This is the best hidden gem in gopher nation and I’m excited to finally be a part of it.

Well good Gopher Football fans, for those that don't know me, I'm TALON, and you're NOT! ;-) I am a Georgia Southern Football half breed Gopher transplant fan.

The only reason I post this is for the Gopher Football fans that are new to the site and don't know me. I have become a Gopher Football fan and like the group of people that post here!

I am a Georgia Southern Football fan that has total RESPECT for the Gopher's Football team and especially the fans on this site!!! I was very impressed with the fan's responses on this site when I was here a month before our game with the Gophers.

I met many of you on the Gopher Hole a few years back when the Georgia Southern University EAGLES, played you and your team beat us by one score. In order for that close score to happen the Gophers had to have had a off day and Georgia Southern have a good day!

At that time Southern used an offense called the Gun Option, if you can call that peace of $h!t option offense! The G-Option surely isn't a true Triple Option Offense, like what we use to use called the Flex Triple -Option. In the Gun Option you really only have the QB Keep or pitch portion option. The 2 fazes of the Gun Option could be easily read because the QB and backs were 5-8 feet behind the LOS. I was surprised Southern kept it that close to the Gophers using, the Sucking Gun Option!

Here's TO THE GOPHERS WINNING YOUR 2021 BOWL GAME!

Your a little crazy that’s why we like you!!😄

Top Bottom