KU at Oklahoma State
Penn State at Ohio State
UCLA at Utah
Fresno State at San Diego State
Etc.

Troy at Coastal Carolina
Michigan
at Michigan State
Iowa at wisconsin. I like the small w you did there.
Texas at Baylor
Miami at Pitt
Rutgers at Illinois
Indiana at Maryland
Iowa State
at West Virginia
Georgia at Florida
Texas Tech at Oklahoma
Colorado at Oregon
Florida State at Clemson
Purdue at Nebraska
Duke at Wake
Ole Miss
at Auburn
KU at Oklahoma State
Penn State at Ohio State
UCLA
at Utah
Fresno State at San Diego State
Etc.

Last edited:

#24 Coastal Carolina feeling the need to go with the fake punt (successful) vs. 4-3 Troy to try to salt the game away up 7. COVID really screwed up the perception of teams, and the bias is still carrying over.
Coastal is average, at best.

#24 Coastal Carolina feeling the need to go with the fake punt (successful) vs. 4-3 Troy to try to salt the game away up 7. COVID really screwed up the perception of teams, and the bias is still carrying over.
Coastal is average, at best.
Sooooooo over-rated.

per Axios Sports:

No. 6 Michigan visits No. 8 Michigan State
on Saturday (12pm ET, Fox) in the game of the weekend — and one of the most anticipated matchups of the year.
  • Why it matters: This is just the fifth time these rivals will face off as top-10 foes, and the first time since 1964. It's also only the sixth Big Ten conference game in the AP poll era where both teams are 7-0.
  • The backdrop: East Lansing will be the center of the college football universe, with both ESPN ("College GameDay") and Fox ("Big Noon Kickoff") bringing their pregame shows to Michigan State's campus.
Go Gophers!!

per Axios Sports:

on Saturday (12pm ET, Fox) in the game of the weekend — and one of the most anticipated matchups of the year.
  • Why it matters: This is just the fifth time these rivals will face off as top-10 foes, and the first time since 1964. It's also only the sixth Big Ten conference game in the AP poll era where both teams are 7-0.
  • The backdrop: East Lansing will be the center of the college football universe, with both ESPN ("College GameDay") and Fox ("Big Noon Kickoff") bringing their pregame shows to Michigan State's campus.
Go Gophers!!
My opinion: both teams are vastly overrated and are in reality about equal to Minnesota. Mich is slightly less overrated and will win, but it'll be a competitive game that people feel was a battle of the titans until both are taken apart by OSU.

per Axios Sports:

Go Gophers!!
Gophers have been in one of those matchups (Penn State 2019) and were in a game with two 6-0 teams (Iowa 1960)

My opinion: both teams are vastly overrated and are in reality about equal to Minnesota. Mich is slightly less overrated and will win, but it'll be a competitive game that people feel was a battle of the titans until both are taken apart by OSU.
True.
It’s all true.
Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, wisconsin, Michigan State, Penn State are all about the same and could beat each other on a given day

Outside of Georgia, I really don't think anyone is that great.

True.
It’s all true.
Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, wisconsin, Michigan State, Penn State are all about the same and could beat each other on a given day
We'll see. Until those teams play each other, specifically MN vs IA/wisco, I don't think much can be gleaned by them beating bad teams.

Outside of Georgia, I really don't think anyone is that great.
I will be curious to see Ohio State against some decent teams again. They have played some weak teams but that offense is ridiculous right now. Outscoring your last 5 opponents 272-64 is just insane. Even if the opponents are not great teams, that kind of domination is rare.

Princeton is rated?
Remember Brevin White who the Gophers wanted pretty badly? He turned down the Gophers some team called Alabama. He is not even their starter.
2020: Season was canceled due to COVID-19 pandemic ... 2019: Grew skills in practice and J.V. games ... 2018: developed at the quarterback position in practice and J.V. games during Princeton's Ivy championship year and first undefeated season since 1964.

Princeton is rated?
Remember Brevin White who the Gophers wanted pretty badly? He turned down the Gophers some team called Alabama. He is not even their starter.
2020: Season was canceled due to COVID-19 pandemic ... 2019: Grew skills in practice and J.V. games ... 2018: developed at the quarterback position in practice and J.V. games during Princeton's Ivy championship year and first undefeated season since 1964.
They're having a nice year in FCS -- the real surprise to me is that Columbia only has one loss so far.

They're having a nice year in FCS -- the real surprise to me is that Columbia only has one loss so far.
Yeah it’s pretty entertaining to watch. Both teams passing the ball well. Brevin just didn’t pan out I guess?

Iowa D versus Mertz should be entertaining
You hit on something. A lot of people (including myself) say Shitsconsin's offense is shit, and Iowa's defense is pretty good. If Ethel throws for 82 yards and 2 picks, then I am pleasantly satistfied.

There seems to be a conventional wisdom-based narrative that you can't win big in modern college football if you are a run-first team.

But I wonder if we're seeing the beginning of some small, but noticeable 'back-to-the-future' trend, in which a subset of teams play an offense that vaguely resembles something from the days of Warmath, Hayes and Schembechler.

Michigan vs. Michigan State: who do you like and who's going to win?

I really don't care who wins. I'll give MSU the edge just because they're at home.

There seems to be a conventional wisdom-based narrative that you can't win big in modern college football if you are a run-first team.

But I wonder if we're seeing the beginning of some small, but noticeable 'back-to-the-future' trend, in which a subset of teams play an offense that vaguely resembles something from the days of Warmath, Hayes and Schembechler.
I think one dimensional is a bad idea at the top levels of pretty much anything. But especially in sports.

Top Bottom