Week 8 Other Games Thread

I hate Bielma, but I want Illinois to win. But on the other hand I picked State Penn on #2 and noamfromm's pick 'em. So that's more important.

I hate Bielma, but I want Illinois to win. But on the other hand I picked State Penn on #2 and noamfromm's pick 'em. So that's more important.
I usually cheer for the underdog except for my teams. But, I dislike Bielema and don’t want him to have success in the B1G. But, if they win, great win for the players.

I usually cheer for the underdog except for my teams. But, I dislike Bielema and don’t want him to have success in the B1G. But, if they win, great win for the players.
I'm quietly worried he's going to make an actual fieldable team.

I have no idea what the OT rules are anymore. This isn't even football anymore.

Penn State and Illinois just absolutely showcasing incompetent offenses in their 23 OT “thriller”.

O'Connell with terrible int. Threw into triple coverage over middle

Thankfully no more State Penn playoff conversation. What little bit might have remained after the Whyowa game.

Are these OT rules used in the CFP? This was the equilavent to a shootout in hockey/soccer. Kind of a fake way to win a game.
It was changed to this to try to avoid these almost double digit OT games I think, doesn't seem to have worked.

Looking at my ESPN app....and it seems that Purdue got a goal line stop after an INT put the Badgers at the one yard line. A FG is a huge win for the Boilermakers.

Fake? Somebody has to win eventually.
NHL you have shootouts in the regular season. Playoffs they continue to play 20 minute periods until a team scores.
Soccer decides championships on penalty kicks. That's a bullshit way to decide a game.

The PSU Illinois game is just shows that sometimes a tie is the appropriate result.
Right? If no team is good enough to win then no win should be awarded. If you have to play like two full games to get a result it shoulda just been a tie.

NHL you have shootouts in the regular season. Playoffs they continue to play 20 minute periods until a team scores.
Soccer decides championships on penalty kicks. That's a bullshit way to decide a game.

We agree on penalty kicks. And I'd prefer if they continued the 25 yard line OT rules. But I don't hate the two point conversion OT rules either.

Was the Wake Forest versus Army score a basketball score?

We agree on penalty kicks. And I'd prefer if they continued the 25 yard line OT rules. But I don't hate the two point conversion OT rules either.
I think shootouts and PKs are B.S.

People say ties are "un-American" but to me playing OT just to get a W/L result is like the ultimate participation trophy and also just puts players unnecessarily at risk. Especially in college. Like, "well, you both played terribly, but we gotta give this W to someone."

It makes sense in the playoffs and I wouldn't trade NHL playoff OT for anything though.

Dinksconsin scored 13 points? Go to Vegas!!

I wasn't a fan of the old College playoff format.

Penn St and Illinois today showed why this one might not be the best either.
But better than the previous.

Top Bottom