Week 3 Other Games Thread

14-7 OSU after Joe Mixon kickoff return for a TD.

Sidenote: Mixon is a former Badger verbal who flipped to Oklahoma and then assaulted a woman in his first year on campus. It was the kind of thing that would have for sure gotten him kicked off the Goohers or Badgers and probably the Buckeyes. Go Buckeyes!

They just showed the replay and Mixon dropped the ball before the endzone. How did they not review it? Clear as day on the replay.

That just showed the replay and Mixon dropped the ball before he got to the end zone. Was too late for OSU as the kickoff had already occurred.

OSU now marching anyway.

They just showed the replay and Mixon dropped the ball before the endzone. How did they not review it? Clear as day on the replay.

Yep, it wasn't even close.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How that is able to stand is beyond me. It would be pretty easy to have an independent ref at every game and have them watch a replay immediately after a scoring play and if anything looks even slightly "fishy" they could call for a replay.

OSU up 21-7
MSU up 22-7 and just picked off the Irish at the ND 39

MSU 29-7

Looks like the Iowa loss won't hurt the Big Ten much if OSU and MSU can hang on after the Nebraska win.

Mich St. is now dominating the line. scored another TD running it in easy.

MSU 29-7

Looks like the Iowa loss won't hurt the Big Ten much if OSU and MSU can hang on after the Nebraska win.

Iowa loss hurts the west. Not the B1G.

Edit: I hate to say it but thankfully Nebraska won to save face.

Baker Mayfield's Brett Favre act wearing thin. Another pick and then a quick strike by OSU. 28-10 Buckeyes.

Wow Ohio St. game is getting out of control. OSU is explosive...

Maryland and UCF tied at 17 late. UCF is not a good team, ergo Maryland is probably not a good team either.

And not so fast on the Sooner eulogy. Fast TD drive there.

What a catch from that OSU wide receiver!

Amazing TD by OSU before halftime. 35-17.

Noah Brown pinched the ball to the DB's back by reaching around him and held on through the tackle. Amazing highlight catch.

Don't look now but Notre Dame might make this a game. 36-21 and driving near midfield.

Touchdown Irish. Plenty of time left too. Quite the comeback in South Bend

Big time 3rd down conversion for MSU. Will be able to kill most of the clock.

That timeout before punting by Notre Dame... someone gets paid a lot of money to do something that dumb...

Question for everyone. If you are down 15 and score a TD with about 6 minutes left, why wouldn't you go for 2 there? Either way you have to go for 2 at some point so why not do it right away? Then if you don't get it, you know you still have to score two more times.

Question for everyone. If you are down 15 and score a TD with about 6 minutes left, why wouldn't you go for 2 there? Either way you have to go for 2 at some point so why not do it right away? Then if you don't get it, you know you still have to score two more times.

I tend to subscribe to the idea that you want to get yourself to within one possession, as easily as possible. Getting it to 8 with an XP means that you're motivated more because you're just one score/one possession away. If you miss the 2pt (far more likely than missing the XP), it could be demoralizing to the comeback effort to know you have to score twice at that point.

I could see the argument to ride the wave of momentum but I tend to lean toward making it 8 instead of trying for 7.

Yes you go for 2 first.

"Targeting"

I tend to subscribe to the idea that you want to get yourself to within one possession, as easily as possible. Getting it to 8 with an XP means that you're motivated more because you're just one score/one possession away. If you miss the 2pt (far more likely than missing the XP), it could be demoralizing to the comeback effort to know you have to score twice at that point.

I could see the argument to ride the wave of momentum but I tend to lean toward making it 8 instead of trying for 7.

We'll stated and pure Sports Psychology.

Congratulations to Western Michigan for clinching the Big Ten Illinois Division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same reason coaches script opening plays. They lose the ability to think clearly under stress.

Some coaches run a pre snap motion that takes 10 seconds when there are 13 seconds to go and they are down by one at the goal line. I dunno?

Top Bottom