Week 2 Other Games Thread

Holy crap! Sitting on the porch cooking brats streaming games. FS1 switches over from the TX Tech OT win just in time to see the Talons beating Nebby. What a great day!

Texas Tech outlasts Houston in the 2nd OT 33-30. For some reason, Houston started both OTs with the ball. Not sure what that's about, but maybe a rule change???
That was a WTF? moment for me too.

Frosty the no man...
You want your ass kicked too?

Kansas ties it with West Virginia at 28-28. I might see if I can find this game...

It's gonna be really sad if Nebraska ever gets good again. Guess I'll just enjoy the good times now.

It's gonna be really sad if Nebraska ever gets good again. Guess I'll just enjoy the good times now.

At this point, do you think Frost might just quit on his own? He wants to coach someplace he can have fun...

That was a WTF? moment for me too.
I read an article last week, and someone from Houston researched every OT game 1996-2001, 781 games, and team playing D first won 52% of the time. In last 7 years, team that played O first won 54% of the time. Last 2 seasons, team on O first has won 57% of time. Person brought that info to coach Holgerson, and Houston now chooses offense first in OTs.

I know a few Husker fans. One of them told me Nebraska has 60 million dollars to make Urban Meyer their next coach.

These Arizona State uniforms look very Gopher like...

Kentucky's long snapper is going to have to walk home after this

23.5-point favorites...for what reason? There is no defense

Good lord the Nebraska defense is horrible. Frost may not make it to his October firing date if they end up losing this one.

Given up 28 already to a team they were favored to beat by 23+ points.

Say what you want about our schedule, but through 2 weeks we have done exactly what we were supposed to do to a couple teams we were heavy favorites against. That shouldn't be taken for granted.

Northwestern was a double digit favorite over Duke
Wisconsin was a double digit favorite over Washington State
Iowa was a double digit favorite against SDSU (and barely survived) and a small favorite over Iowa State
Nebraska.....yeah why even bother with Nebraska.
Illinois managed to lose to Indiana
Purdue couldn't run the ball to beat Penn State

Through 2 weeks we are the only team in the West that can feel really good about how things have gone so far.

Top Bottom