Week 1 Other Games Thread (Games Start Thursday and Go Through Monday!!!)

well half a quarter in and UNC looks to be the same team they were last year

well half a quarter in and UNC looks to be the same team they were last year

A middling defense with a productive QB on offense. UNC is interesting to watch for obvious reasons -- Gophers play UNC -- and rumors that UNC is headed to the Big Ten.

1693700002747.png

Illini look to be having their hands full with Toledo. Always fun to see how the chips fall as you go through week 1, especially after a win over a P5, divisional opponent even if it looks ugly

Illini look to be having their hands full with Toledo. Always fun to see how the chips fall as you go through week 1, especially after a win over a P5, divisional opponent even if it looks ugly
Toledo is always good for an upset

right on down the field for SCarolina and into the lead

#7 Penn State was favored by 21 points over West Virginia.

Now halftime.

1693703634533.png

This is why I hate preseason rankings. #25 Iowa beats a G5 by 10 and #19 Wisconsin will most likely beat another and they’ll both move up in the rankings. Minnesota beats a P5 team and will not move an inch.
It’s not just about winning —it’s how you played in your win

It’s not just about winning —it’s how you played in your win
this. we will all "move up" provided you keep winning. Same as the gophers will move up relative to others around them who lost

Toledo with a pick followed by a pick 6 by Illinois

Good game to watch

Why is everyone taking up the Tez Walker eligibility cause? Tons of players are denied every year.

Why is everyone taking up the Tez Walker eligibility cause? Tons of players are denied every year.

Maybe just the game we are watching right now, and they are talking about it a lot. Something about he didn't play last year... I'm not paying as much attention.

Not so much if you’re already ranked.
There’s a lot of ranked teams that won today that should move down —the way they played —rankings should not just be based on wins —but I know that it does —but it shouldn’t

ESPN could carry the UNC and Minnesota game in two weeks, this suggests. Let's hope the Gophers look exciting against Eastern Michigan to set up a prime time game. UNC looks interesting tonight.

1693707796155.png

Top Bottom