Week 1 Other Games Thread (Games Start Thursday and Go Through Monday!!!)

I would argue Colorado is a lot better than last year, TCU a lot worse

These are both 5 to 8 win teams based on a few quarters
Think there is a solid chance you are right about this take. Neither team is playing much defense at all, lots of penalties. Lots of athletes on the field for both teams but sloppy play overall.

Teams improve the most from week 1 to week 2.

You really don't know what you can be in week 1. You try to hang on for the win, or else it's just a warm-up game (or blow out game if you're on the receiving end).

CU and/or TCU could both end up having fantastic defenses this year. And/or maybe these are two of the top offenses in college football. There are no other datapoints to compare to.

Entertaining though

Think there is a solid chance you are right about this take. Neither team is playing much defense at all, lots of penalties. Lots of athletes on the field for both teams but sloppy play overall.

Obviously they could look like completely different teams next week

Probably no one from DFW here, but I'd be curious to know: what is TCU? What is the vibe of that school?

I don't think it's a hardcore religious school, with honor code against sex, drugs, drinking, etc.

And it's absolutely not any kind of elite academic/research institution.

So, is it like a St Thomas? (Even though it's not Catholic)

Rich kids go there? Or what?

Nebraska is going to have its hands full @ Colorado next week. Colorado has some great athletes.
At home next week, CU will beat Matt Rhule & company for a 0-2 👍

Wow the camera work is a bit sus right now.

The last TD they cut to a camera that had literally been set down on the ground pointing nowhere.

Fresno moving up to the PAC next year! Gotta show out

Tellin ya, it's week 1 and there is no preseason in college. Live tackling, it's just very difficult to give a realistic look on that stuff outside of full go live periods in fall camp and they really try to limit that stuff nowadays.

Gonna take a couple weeks for that stuff to come online.

Sat on that thing, wow. Saw it coming a mile away

Plus we wouldn't have near enough NIL to pay him.

Be curious to know who our top is. Is it even six figures?

Probably no one from DFW here, but I'd be curious to know: what is TCU? What is the vibe of that school?

I don't think it's a hardcore religious school, with honor code against sex, drugs, drinking, etc.

And it's absolutely not any kind of elite academic/research institution.

So, is it like a St Thomas? (Even though it's not Catholic)

Rich kids go there? Or what?
Have a friend who went there. It’s more like USC, TX version. Rich kids. Ranching and oil management studies.

Fresno takes the lead against PU early in the fourth.

Dang! Gonna have to switch back between FOX and BTN. Let's go PAC Fresno!!

TCU takes the lead. Damn entertaining game - plays being made on both sides of the ball.

They only offer one option for the CU game though. Won't let you lump it in with the Purdue game. Lame

Damn CU right back in the lead in like two plays

Top Bottom