WEBER: Nice piece by Phil

Agree. But who hired Fisch? The Fisch angle was never written about/talked about enough though last year. That is the fault of a few, including myself big-time. When Decker went down, they were effed. He was asking his receivers to read-and-react at the line... way too over-the-head for all those guys outside of Decker. The odd thing: if Fisch didn't take the Seattle job, he would've been back. Brewster was not prepared to part ways.

Fisch taking the job at Seattle was a miracle from God. Maybe he would have done better in year two but Horton should be a lot better. I think in the end Horton may turn out to be a lot like the Cosgrove hire. It's not a flashy hire but we might get a guy who does a good job and will be here for a long time.

oooh, doogie

"I also have said on 1500/written about my love for Edwards, Kirksey, and Wilhite."

How about some love for Minneapolis kid? Mr. Hageman

He's taken as many meaningful snaps at DE as you and I... even though he physically looks the part, I need to see it on the field first.

Am I not supposed to point out the one offensive TD in the final 43 possessions of last year? Finishing last in the Big Ten in just about every offensive category? The record in post Nov. 1 conference games? The rivalry games? The tendency to commit penalties?

By all means yes. No one is advocating that you lie or bury inconvenient stats. But once or twice would get the point across don't you think? Do you really need to include that information in a piece about the defensive line? In every article?

Top Bottom