Weather Forecast

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Looks like it'll be around 37 degrees and raining during the game. That's gotta help the BADgers.

If it is raining, it won't be pouring so I am hopeful there won't be much of a weather advantage.

My Weather Underground app says it'll be the second day of a 10-inch snow event. But it shows being warm enough that there'd be some melting going on the whole time.

Seems pretty safe to assume we will dealing with some sort of wintery weather mix but way too early to know for sure what if any impact it will have on the game. Could be a lot, could be very little, really won't know for sure until gametime so not much to be gained by speculating.

Taylor has coughed it up 3 times over the past 2 games, wet ball might not be a good thing for him.

I do think it is interesting that the assumption is being made that bad weather favors the vaunted Wisconsin running game. Look at the Big Ten stats....there isn't a ton of separation between their rushing numbers and ours.

Plus as others have pointed out....wet, slick field could very well favor our receivers since they know where they are going and the DB doesn't.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 2.49.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 2.49.11 PM.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 53

Seems pretty safe to assume we will dealing with some sort of wintery weather mix but way too early to know for sure what if any impact it will have on the game. Could be a lot, could be very little, really won't know for sure until gametime so not much to be gained by speculating.

Taylor has coughed it up 3 times over the past 2 games, wet ball might not be a good thing for him.

He is an equal opportunity fumbler. The weather has nothing to so with it.

Are the Gophers practicing with icy water on their hands?

Are the Gophers practicing with icy water on their hands?
I sure hope so! I thought it was a neat way to practice, and I think it really helps. I play ultimate frisbee and having the experience of catching and throwing with cold hands allowed me to be more consistent in cold weather than some newer players who were better than me in warm weather.

I also hope they try to get some outside practice in too, since there looks to be similar weather during this week leading up to the game.

I would think wet turf would favor passing over running because running requires more sudden and unplanned cuts. Easier to run a slant on slippery turf than for a running back to make multiple cuts.

Could be freezing rain and snow, following 5" of snow on Friday. Good argument for putting such a late game in the Viking stadium, if that can be arranged, and drawing more people, allowing both teams a full advantage of running/passing, and making it look good to recruits from non-arctic areas of the country.

The fantasy of moving it to US Bank will never happen. The elements could make it an awesome atmosphere too.

Doogie's tweet doesnt sound ideal though.

Latest on #Gophers weather Saturday from @DDahlkstp: the European model has a major winter storm over us. Strong winds, heavy snow, sleet. Exact timing will be pinpointed later in the week. But it's expected to be ugly. We're also getting hammered Tuesday into Wednesday.

GopherWeatherGuy please give me the Official Section 246 weather Forcast

You want to make your visitors as uncomfortable as possible. The Gophers will have the fans on their side. That will make it difficult enough. Add to that the weather and footing, and the ingredients are there for a true home field advantage. How about we not forfeit that?

Could be freezing rain and snow, following 5" of snow on Friday. Good argument for putting such a late game in the Viking stadium, if that can be arranged, and drawing more people, allowing both teams a full advantage of running/passing, and making it look good to recruits from non-arctic areas of the country.
Jesus. No.

Nothing tells recruits that we aren’t an arctic hellhole like having to move the game indoors due to the weather.

Just purchased some Columbia brand boots that are lightweight, waterproof, and insulated for myself and Mrs. Billd.

Had to endure the MOA...and they are very BLUE in color...but other than that seems like a perfect test run.

I'm flying in on Wednesday, heavily hoping not to be delayed, but expecting it given the weather.

If these kids want to play in the NFL some day, they better get used to playing in cold weather like in Buffalo, Green Bay, and Chicago during December and January.

New 17 game NFL schedule will add two more weeks to the season moving more playoff games into February.

Minnesota is the best college to prepare them for real NFL-life.
A critical media and cold miserable weather.

We've got it all.

Perfect recruiting weather for Gameday.
Lee Corso puts a Badger head on and he'll be pelted with a thousand snowballs!

Perfect recruiting weather for Gameday.
Lee Corso puts a Badger head on and he'll be pelted with a thousand snowballs!

Haha, you're right. No way he puts on the skunk head now!

With regard to the weather, I don't want to be the guy tackling Shannon Brooks in the 4th quarter of his last home game. Gophers romp 37-20.

Friday through Sunday now looking like 7-8 inches, with most of it falling prior to the game but certainly continuing through the game. Obviously a fluid situation.

Moving games indoors, off campus is a great idea. Why'd nobody think of this before??

To best describe it: the Ohio State "SnowGlobe Game" on steriods. Heavy, wet snow, with warmer temperatures. I believe Urban Meyer said after that game that he dares anyone in the country to play at Minnesota in November.

To best describe it: the Ohio State "SnowGlobe Game" on steriods. Heavy, wet snow, with warmer temperatures. I believe Urban Meyer said after that game that he dares anyone in the country to play at Minnesota in November.
Seem to recall that in the end they won handily but made a lot of mistakes that were due to the conditions. Had to take his post-game comments with a grain of salt but seemed to genuinely find it a tough environment. Bucky is used to bad conditions just like us. What will be different is a full (or mostly full) stadium and a Gophers team that can start fast. This plus the conditions make for a fine football afternoon.

Top Bottom