We really could see an NFL game where nobody plays football and just kneels all game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per James:

Everyone has the sporting moment of their dreams. The kind of event that only happens in deep REM. Maybe it’s your team winning a championship and you seeing it in person, perhaps as a kid it was leading your beloved team to victory. I am a very specific man with peculiar tastes, and we have a very real possibility to witness the funniest game of football in the history of the world.

That is absolutely not hyperbole. I promise.

Skol Vikes!!

You need to drive. You have to drive. The state has to let you drive.

This could have been easily solved by scheduling the Indy/Jax & Vegas/LAC at the same time. Oops.
They usually try to do this but I'm guessing it's because Vegas/LAC are playing Sunday night.

They usually try to do this but I'm guessing it's because Vegas/LAC are playing Sunday night.
They want a meaningful game for Sunday night, this is the only one that's virtually a play-in game. I don't really see any way a motivated Indy is losing to Jacksonville, so this scenario is unlikely. And if they somehow do, I think the Raiders and Chargers hate each other enough there's no way they will agree to this.

Could also have been averted by playing Vegas/LAC on Saturday night, Indy/Jax on Sunday evening, but I suppose those teams didn't feel like a ratings grabber for NBC. I hope it bites them big time.

They want a meaningful game for Sunday night, this is the only one that's virtually a play-in game. I don't really see any way a motivated Indy is losing to Jacksonville, so this scenario is unlikely. And if they somehow do, I think the Raiders and Chargers hate each other enough there's no way they will agree to this.
Unlikely, but any given Sunday...especially with roster uncertainty in the CoVid era.

If it came to that, I think the teams would be smarter about how they "manage" to end up in a tie.

the rub is that both teams would have to agree to the deal.

and, if someone argues that either team was "not trying to win," well, the Vikings just started Sean Mannion in a game. One could argue that they were not trying to win, either.

After the smart start ad with Danny b we quickly roll into the Bradshaw and Bryant ad for car accident law suits. Danny bald works both ends of the system.

Soccer and baseball has figured it out.

Baseball plays all of it's last day's games at the same time - 2:00 Central

Soccer plays all of their final group games at the same time.

Here's what the NFL should do:

No Night game in week 18

All the games with no playoff implications are at noon central

All the games with playoff implications are at 3:25

Soccer and baseball has figured it out.

Baseball plays all of it's last day's games at the same time - 2:00 Central

Soccer plays all of their final group games at the same time.

Here's what the NFL should do:

No Night game in week 18

All the games with no playoff implications are at noon central

All the games with playoff implications are at 3:25
Great in theory, but the TV Networks want to broadcast something in as many windows as possible for the BILLIONS of bucks they are spending.

On PTI they said the Pitt/Bal game also factors into this Tie situation.

per James:

Everyone has the sporting moment of their dreams. The kind of event that only happens in deep REM. Maybe it’s your team winning a championship and you seeing it in person, perhaps as a kid it was leading your beloved team to victory. I am a very specific man with peculiar tastes, and we have a very real possibility to witness the funniest game of football in the history of the world.

That is absolutely not hyperbole. I promise.

Skol Vikes!!

I would turn it on to witness history.

Unlikely, but any given Sunday...especially with roster uncertainty in the CoVid era.
On PTI they said the Pitt/Bal game also factors into this Tie situation.
Well, I'll be darned. Nailed it. Toot, toot!

And now it goes to OT. Massive TV ratings in Pittsburgh...

I guess "Just Tie, Baby!" isn't in the Raiders vocabulary.

Fantastic theater.

Ben must have been like 30 beers deep by the end of that.

Aside from a single holding call the last 5 minutes of that game was no whistles - just play. Herbert took a beating. I am not sure I have seen a qb take more hits in a 4 min span.

The game was fabulous with all the must have 3rd and 4th down conversions by the Chargers.

Saying that, the failed decision to go for it on 4th and 1 on their own 20 (3rd quarter down by 3) which led directly to a Raiders FG is one the all time dumbest HC moves I have ever seen.

Saying that, the failed decision to go for it on 4th and 1 on their own 20 (3rd quarter down by 3) which led directly to a Raiders FG is one the all time dumbest HC moves I have ever seen.

No way!
I love that call, it was the correct call. Their defense is not great, that means going for it on fourth down is an even more favored call.

Judging decisions by the result is wrong.

lol

Welcome to America where the theoretical result in a vacuum is better than the actual result

When you play a game of chance focusing on results is a sure fire way to lose. You focus on Playing correctly according to the probabilities. Should be common sense but sadly it isn't.

In this case, a team with a weak defense. It means you should go for it on fourth down more often, much more often than your intuition would tell you.

Hey everyone, let's play not to lose.
🙄🙄🙄

Sadly PJ needs to improve in this area, it is his weakness and could prevent us from being truly great.

No way!
I love that call, it was the correct call. Their defense is not great, that means going for it on fourth down is an even more favored call.

Judging decisions by the result is wrong.
No.

It was dumb that early in the game to go for it, thought so even before the result. Chargers held the Raiders to 4 yds the ensuring drive, gave them a free 3 pts.

It was dumb that early in the game to go for it, thought so even before the result.

So?
Doesn't mean your thought was correct. You got lucky.

lol

Welcome to America where the theoretical result in a vacuum is better than the actual result
If I go take every dollar I own down to Mystic Lake to bet on red, and I end up winning, it doesn't mean it was a smart decision. Coaches don't get the benefit of hindsight when they make these choices.

Top Bottom