We Must All Be Really Stupid!

Fine if that what you really thing than you can win.

My brain is hurting again. There's no place in the Twin Cities that would bother me to go in broad daylight. There were a lot of places in the Miami area where I wanted to get out of as fast as possible, regardless of the time of day.

Even more pathetic, he's a Badger troll. His first couple posts were all about Butt Bielema and Camp Randall.

finally someone looked into it......you guys suck and so does your football team......your silly new uniforms......and your shinny church that you call a stadium (second smallest in the BigTen). Try to get it 3/4 of the way full for OSU. Enjoy your next crappy coach.

oh yea, you are really because it took someone so long to look at my posts and call me out with facts. Suck it East Dakota.

PushingBack...
You should go back and read the OP again. There's nothing there saying Harbaugh would or should leave Stanford for MN. It's simply about how many of us think NO ONE will come here because of the weather. (Probably the only reason Trestman is ever mentioned). As for people like you who ask why coach so-and-so would leave any BCS job to come here, all of us have different motivations for the things we do. The weather may certainly keep some people away, other things may attract people here. Any coach might have personal or professional reasons to leave a BCS school to come here and none of us have any idea of what those reasons might be.

finally someone looked into it......you guys suck and so does your football team......your silly new uniforms......and your shinny church that you call a stadium (second smallest in the BigTen). Try to get it 3/4 of the way full for OSU. Enjoy your next crappy coach.

Cute obsession with a 1 win team, but I guess that's why Wisconsin will never be viewed as anything better than the 5th (at best) team in the Big 10.

Fine take the locations out of it.

Why would you leave Stanford (6-1) for Minnesota (1-7)?
Why would you leave when you have a top 25 recruiting class coming in for what could be the last place class in the Big Ten.
Why would you leave Andrew Luck (probably a first team all American next year) for the QB mess that the Gophers are?
Do you really think that he wants to beat Michigan so bad that he is going to walk into the mess that is Minnesota football right now? With the way things are right now even if Michigan fires RR it would be what 2-3 years before you had a shot at beating them.
If you now are going to spend up to 3 million (as some have posted here) now, why did you not do it before. I don't think you will spend that much but then again I don't think your getting a top flight coach either. I think you end up with Punky 2.0

First of all, there's a good chance Luck is gone after this year anyways. Secondly, I think because Minnesota had such a short amount of time to look for a coach in 2007, they just didn't have a lot of options.

To go along with the salary increase, some coaches like a challenge. That's a reason for him coming here. I personally don't see Harbaugh coming here though because I believe he will get a big time opportunity soon. I think he knows that, so why change teams now if he would probably change again? It's hard to say what he really wants, however.

Geography

My brain is hurting again. There's no place in the Twin Cities that would bother me to go in broad daylight. There were a lot of places in the Miami area where I wanted to get out of as fast as possible, regardless of the time of day.

Funny thing is, I feel more safe at home in most parts of Las Vegas than I do in some places in the Twin Cities when I go back there. Perception is everything, no doubt about it.

I've lived in a few different places and I've come to two irrefutable facts:

> No place is perfect

> Virtually every place is livable if you have the means and opportunity to get away with some regularity.

That being said, I'm not going to lie; I love calling MN home but there's no doubt I left in large part to escape winter. Triple digit heat sucks, sure, but it doesn't last anywhere near as long as winter in MN.

That being said, I'm not going to lie; I love calling MN home but there's no doubt I left in large part to escape winter. Triple digit heat sucks, sure, but it doesn't last anywhere near as long as winter in MN.

You can keep the triple digit heat, I LOVE Minnesota winters! :clap:

My point wasn't that Miami was a place that no one would want to live. Simply that the Twin Cities has less crime than does Miami.

Sweet thread.

I also think the weather thing is overblown. Minneapolis/St Paul is a great place to live. Biggest obstacle is overcoming the crappy support and history of the team you are hired to coach.

Seriously, Minnesota is a great state and Minneapolis/St. Paul is the hub of a really great metropolitan area. I can never quite figure out how we earn the reputation that we have.

I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that Minnesota is landlocked, and in many peoples minds there's a conscious (or subconscious) bias towards coastal areas. I grew up in far eastern South Dakota, about two miles across the border from Big Stone, MN, and all my relatives lived in the Cities so we went there a LOT as kids, like monthly. And I love the Twin Cities. I think they're fricken awesome. There are so many things going on athletically and artistically and musically and culturally, lakes all over the place, and it's just a really cool and a very happening place to be. I saw Prince play at First Avenue, I saw the Replacements multiple times, saw Husker Du, just saw tons of great shows. And the Cities have also got it going on economically, as they have always been an industrial powerhouse, and now they've also become a technological nexus, the 'Silicon Valley' of the Midwest. I lived there for my college years and for several years afterwards and could have easily pictured myself living there for many, many, many years, but I didn't, because I found Maine. :)

And I would never leave here, because we've got the Atlantic Ocean right off our doorstep, and that makes all the difference in the world to me. And now when I think about Minnesota, I think of how it is locked in the dead center of a vast continent, thousands of miles from either coast, and there's no way I could do that anymore. The ocean is in my blood or something. I just couldn't live without it.

I have lived on all 4 coasts. Almost everyone I have met in my travels has very positive things to say about the Twin Cities (clean, beautiful, good economy, lots to do, etc.). Eventually, weather comes up but it is usually not that big of an issue. I know of several people down here that have moved back to the Mid West - tired of hurricanes destroying their homes.

Like someone else posted, all places have good and bad. I think in general the Twin Cities are a good place to live.

I think the weather issue keeps coming up because it is an easy story for the writers. Does not take much intelligence or digging to write "he will not come to Minnesota because of the weather".

Wow. You are one of the saddest, most pathetic posters ever.

TBH: If I was a badger fan I'd lie about it also.

And I would never leave here, because we've got the Atlantic Ocean right off our doorstep, and that makes all the difference in the world to me. And now when I think about Minnesota, I think of how it is locked in the dead center of a vast continent, thousands of miles from either coast, and there's no way I could do that anymore. The ocean is in my blood or something. I just couldn't live without it.

YMMV. I never understood why some people are so fixated on water, myself. It's...flat, featureless, bleak, exposed, depressing, etc - like looking into a void. I'm a creature of the living land.

Holy Jesus Martha. Is everyone nuts tonight? (And don't come back with, "Nope, just you Doc".)

In reality you just never know why someone makes the move, yet it happens. You're thinking it could be Harbaugh, heck itcould be Urban Meyer. You just never know.

Nuts, naaah. BTW, on Halloween none other than Bernie Bierman will rise from the grave and accept the head coaching job to restore the mighty Gophers to supremacy!!! It came to me in a dream this morning!

If they had put all benches in TCF Bank Stadium and painted the seat numbers in as tightly as a at Camp Randall and tightened up the rows it would seat more people than Camp Randall.

So much for your "tiny stadium" position.

Camp Randall and Kinnick (hole in the ground with 12 inch bench seating) are highly overrated. If the demand ever calls for expansion a 80,000 TCF will make Camp Randall look awful by comparison. With its East German inspired architecture, and obliteration of any historical aspects of the original stadium, it already pretty much sucks.

19...the last time I went ice fishing? By the time a got a hole in the ice big enough to put the boat in, it was time to go home.

I knew it! You're a Norwegian.

Sorry to play the race card.

Holy Jesus Martha. Is everyone nuts tonight? (And don't come back with, "Nope, just you Doc".)

Here's the way I look at it Doc..............I'm normal, it's the rest of the world that's screwed up.

Top Bottom