We can beat the badgers

With apologies to the late Harold Ramis, the late Doug Kenney and the Board

"
Vandy: War’s over, man. Coyle dropped the big one.

hungan1: Over? Did you say “over”? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Bad Gopher: Germans?

Spoofin: Forget it, he’s rolling.

hungan1: And it ain’t over now. ‘Cause when the goin’ gets tough…

hungan1: the tough get goin’! Who’s with me? Let’s go!

hungan1: What the **** happened to the Gopher Hole I used to know? Where’s the spirit? Where’s the guts, huh? This could be the greatest afternoon of our lives, but you’re gonna let it be the worst. “Ooh, we’re afraid to go with you hungan1, we might get in trouble.” Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I’m not gonna take this. Chryst he’s a dead man! Bart Houston, dead! Corey Clement…

Bad Gopher: Dead! hungan1’s right. Working My Tail Off, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody’s part.

hungan1: We’re just the guys to do it.

Vandy: Let’s do it.

hungan1: Let’s do it!

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...fc44d3b9f2894e4c8ea1b4aef44efa21&action=click

I did my part well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LET'S DO IT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the defense plays like that again (also a bit better tackling). Yup.

If our defense plays like that again! Impressive effort by the defense yesterday.

Our seniors have accomplished almost everything but they still need The Axe (a B1G West title would be nice too but that is no longer under our control). They have worked/played their butts off and I really hope they beat Wisconsin to complete their college careers. How awesome would that be?!?!?!?

Let's go get the damn Axe!

I want what your drinking or smoking...

Mitch Leidner would have to play out of his gord and pass like he never has. That and the Gophers offensive and defensive lines would have to control the line of scrimmage, something this group has never done against Wisconsin. I would like to believe the Gophers can beat Wisconsin, but they already have the mental edge, knowing full well they can push the Gophers around at least they have in the past. Until the Gophers stand up and knock the bully off the block I'm having a hard time believing this will happen. Still would be sweet to prevent them from going to Indianapolis, but I'm not counting on it.
I'm all out of false bravado, and smack talk, I hate the Badgers as much as anybody, but sadly this rivalry has turned into the Michigan rivalry. We get a glimpse of the Axe as often as we do the Jug. We have actually won the Jug twice in that span of losing twelve games for the Axe.
In the end I see Clement being to much for the Gophers defense to stop, just to hard to ignore recent history and how both teams have played this season. Gophers would have to put on their big boy pants and step up a level they have not so far this season.
This is a large step up in weight class, and so far Mitch and the Gophers have not been able to run with the Big boys of the conference when the money is on the line. Would be ironic if they did they, because then Mitch could put up a picture of himself with the Axe, again I can imagine it but tough to see it happening. The Axe has become a mythical creature like a Unicorn, you hear of it's existence but actually seeing a Gopher with their hands on it becomes almost none HD TV viewing experience.

Two words: Steven Richardson. He was injured last year for this game; they will not be able to run inside like they did last year.

On the surface, turnovers, particularly interceptions, are one good way to keep it close.

In every game Wisconsin has played within 7 points this year, they have thrown at least one interception. 2 vs LSU, 1 vs GSU, 3 vs Michigan, 1 vs OSU, 2 vs Nebraska. They've thrown one interception in every other game they've played combined. If we turn them over twice through the air, we can keep it close.

Also, have to show we're ready to cover their guys one on one on the outside, or at least with minimal help. Even if they funnel to Fumagalli we're going to need to get our safeties up to cover the run.

Going to be a tough task but I hope the guys on D are ready. If we keep it within a TD anything is possible.

Stone cold sober when I posted that, and I still believe it. We can beat the badgers. We have confidence now after the NW game and we can ride it to 9 wins.

Best effort of the year on both sides of the ball, possession time, better execution deep in the red zone than vs NW, and win the turnover battle and the ax will be ours. Best effort of the year on both sides of the ball will result in the other three occurring.

Go Gophers!

191 yards/game rushing vs 179 yards/game passing... I don't think it is as one-dimensional this year as people think. Yesterday we threw for 60 more yards than we rushed.

I'm guessing Bucky will play 8 or 9 in the box to force Mitch to beat them with the pass. I don't like our odds if it goes that way. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

I'm guessing Bucky will play 8 or 9 in the box to force Mitch to beat them with the pass. I don't like our odds if it goes that way. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

I like our odds just as much. Everyone knows we'll have to throw the ball some if we are going to have a chance winning this game. We'll have to hit on at least 1 long pass, hopefully 2 on play actions. We need to start hitting people over the middle on play actions. NW line backers were instantly crashing the LOS all game, if Wisconsin sells out on the run like that then the middle of the field will be wide open all game. We need to get some easy dink and dunk throws under Leidner's belt early, build his confidence then open the defense up with a bomb to still

I like our odds just as much. Everyone knows we'll have to throw the ball some if we are going to have a chance winning this game. We'll have to hit on at least 1 long pass, hopefully 2 on play actions. We need to start hitting people over the middle on play actions. NW line backers were instantly crashing the LOS all game, if Wisconsin sells out on the run like that then the middle of the field will be wide open all game. We need to get some easy dink and dunk throws under Leidner's belt early, build his confidence then open the defense up with a bomb to still

All sounds good in theory but I think the reality is that if we are going to win this game the defense is going to have to pitch a near shutout because it will be really tough to score on these guys. Far more dynamic offenses then ours have struggled to score on them. If the defense plays like it did against Northwestern and helps the offense out with some short fields and turnovers we have a shot. If we consistently have to try and manufacture drives against their D I don't like our chances.

Anything can happen but I truly believe the defense playing out of their minds again is really our only shot to come out of there with the axe.

All sounds good in theory but I think the reality is that if we are going to win this game the defense is going to have to pitch a near shutout because it will be really tough to score on these guys. Far more dynamic offenses then ours have struggled to score on them. If the defense plays like it did against Northwestern and helps the offense out with some short fields and turnovers we have a shot. If we consistently have to try and manufacture drives against their D I don't like our chances.

Anything can happen but I truly believe the defense playing out of their minds again is really our only shot to come out of there with the axe.

Hence my first post.

From perusing some badger boards, they are really unhappy with their O line play lately. I think our defense can win this game for us if we play downhill like we have been and avoid the big plays. If we can play lights out consistent defense, we have a shot. We aren't going to win any kind of a shootout.

In a year when the Cubs won the World Series (I hate the Cubs), Trump won the election (I have a college degree), and most other Minnesota Teams are at or near the bottom (with the exception of the Lynx, and possibly the Vikings- not sure yet)- a win over the Badgers would be a good Consolation and an asterisk next to a pretty bad overall year.

I would also like to see Mitch beat them once to finish his Big Ten career.

GO GOPHERS!

In a year when the Cubs won the World Series (I hate the Cubs), Trump won the election (I have a college degree), and most other Minnesota Teams are at or near the bottom (with the exception of the Lynx, and possibly the Vikings- not sure yet)- a win over the Badgers would be a good Consolation and an asterisk next to a pretty bad overall year.

I would also like to see Mitch beat them once to finish his Big Ten career.

GO GOPHERS!
Agreed with pretty much everything. Except I am indifferent on the cubs.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

Well, I thought the Gophers had to win last year, since I was convinced Stave was awful, and they were starting a bunch of RS F linemen and no-name RBs against our vaunted Defense and we absolutely pissed away a 7-0 lead care of Stave and played like crap. I do not care how beat up the D line was going into last year's UW game, I expected more from TC and the Defensive coaches than what we saw. My lord, put in three big bodies up front and play a 3-5-3 or some other gimmick D, what we saw really was tough to watch.

If we could not win last year I really do not know why we have a prayer this year, but as Kirk F apparently said after a loss, "that's football" so maybe it is our turn.

I don't know guys, it's possible we can open holes with our blockers but I'm not going to bet the farm on it this year. I hate to say it but we're probably in for a rough time running on Saturday. When you have a deficit in the trenches what do you lean on? Trickery. Yes, it's time.

Some trick plays aren't considered "trick plays" but involve misdirection and are fairly well-practiced. Play action passes, draw plays, jet sweeps, options, sweeps, zone read, counter action, etc. good, even great stuff. Boring.

What I want to see are the exotic stuff. I not only want to see the flea flicker I also want the reverse flea flicker. Bring the halfback pass. The hook and ladder is the stuff of legend. Let's do the double pass, the wide receiver pass. The Statue of Liberty? Mitch had a beautiful Statue-type fake on a play action the other week and didn't pull the trigger. Make it so, Jay Johnson.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K4eScf6TMaM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Bottom