We can beat the badgers

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
If our defense plays like that again! Impressive effort by the defense yesterday.

Our seniors have accomplished almost everything but they still need The Axe (a B1G West title would be nice too but that is no longer under our control). They have worked/played their butts off and I really hope they beat Wisconsin to complete their college careers. How awesome would that be?!?!?!?

Let's go get the damn Axe!

Keeping Wisconsin out of the B1G title game and dashing their playoff hopes would be the best way possible for the seniors to end their career

Get the axe and play spoiler to the Badgers. That would be a special season, indeed.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic. I feel like we have some kind of chance. And for me, they need to win this game for the season to be considered a success at this point.

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic. I feel like we have some kind of chance. And for me, they need to win this game for the season to be considered a success at this point.

If the defense plays the way it did yesterday we have a shot in a low scoring slug fest. I can't see us putting up a lot of points on the Badgers the way they have been playing on defense this year so it will take another awesome effort from our defense to keep things tight.

We can beat the badgers

If our defense plays like that again! Impressive effort by the defense yesterday.

Our seniors have accomplished almost everything but they still need The Axe (a B1G West title would be nice too but that is no longer under our control). They have worked/played their butts off and I really hope they beat Wisconsin to complete their college careers. How awesome would that be?!?!?!?

Let's go get the damn Axe!

Yes We Can! Yes We Can! Yes We Can!

Go Gophers!

We "can" beat them.

Just like it "can" snow in October.

But we won't beat them because whoever they have as QB, whether first stringer, 2nd stringer, or a brand new recruit is better than who we are starting at QB.

Two games left of Leidner.

We "can" beat them.

Just like it "can" snow in October.

But we won't beat them because whoever they have as QB, whether first stringer, 2nd stringer, or a brand new recruit is better than who we are starting at QB.

Two games left of Leidner.

Notice how I said if our defense plays like it did yesterday? Nope, cuz you are the ****** that ****** bags use to clean up. NW offense is better than wisconsins this year, we can shut them down. Get turnovers and short fields for us, only a matter of time until our great running backs break one. All Mitch has to do is hand the ball off and make a few throws. Easy peasy.

Yeah...it would really make a long winter for the Becky deplorables. I'm sure the delusional feel they're going all the way to the National Championship Game. I think this is going to be a good winter for Gopher fans against our rival to the East. I like our chances in hockey, basketball, especially the Lady Gophers. The Wisconsin women's team is a firestorm. I watched the men's
team against #22 Creighton. ( a loss) They live and die by the 3. Don't think they're as good as last year. Back to football. We need to keep Clements to minimal yardage on defense and shut down the drag patterns to their tightend. ( he's a good one) On offense I think Mitch has to have a "career" game and we need to carry the blocks through to the LB's . On " predict the score" I have Wisconsin winning 17-6. But, never say never.....

I have a lunch bet with a skunk co-worker dating back to 2002. Maybe this is the year I get to eat at a MN restaurant and get my lunch paid for a second time?

Yes we can beat them.

Need good coaching prep like we had this Saturday and a similar defensive effort.

One thing that cannot happen in Madison is to have offensive drives stall at the 2 or 3 year line.

15 first downs won't cut it. Wisc. Lines wears down their opponents. Need some extended drives that we can count on as well as a bread and butter play that you can count on to get you two yards - every time.

Yes we can beat them.

Need good coaching prep like we had this Saturday and a similar defensive effort.

One thing that cannot happen in Madison is to have offensive drives stall at the 2 or 3 year line.
Yup, those long games will wear us out.

Yes, I know all about the "weak schedule" argument. BUT - by historical standards, recent standards, and compared to last year, 8 wins is a good season for the Gophers. Not a great season, but a good season.

Some fans have set their own expectations for this team. That does NOT mean they were realistic expectations. I maintain that this year's team is not as talented as some people think, and the loss of Lingen has had a huge impact on the offense. I am happy with 8 wins. I would be more happy with 9 wins - and the Gophers have 2 chances to get that 9th win. And, if everything breaks right, the Gophers have a chance at 10 wins. For the Gophers, considering all the history of the program, that is a successful season.

You look around the league at the upsets and near upsets and, heck ya, the Gophs could do it. They'll have to play great and probably take some calculated gambles. Need something in the trophy case, by god!

I'm afraid our offense is too one-dimensional to beat an elite defense like Wisconsin, especially on the road. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm afraid our offense is too one-dimensional to beat an elite defense like Wisconsin, especially on the road. I hope I'm wrong.

191 yards/game rushing vs 179 yards/game passing... I don't think it is as one-dimensional this year as people think. Yesterday we threw for 60 more yards than we rushed.

Of course we can beat them. They aren't Alabama. If we don't commit turnovers and turn them over and play Defense like we did yesterday then it will be close in the 4th and we have a shot. Upsets bigger than this happen every week in CFB - it is what makes it the greatest sport on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly the biggest thing in this game is TOP. Their defense is excellent, but they're not as deep as they were at the beginning of the season. Their offense can really bog down at times, which can result in their defense coming right back on the field. While easier said than done, our offense is going to have to be really good on third down.

Yes the Gophers can win this one!
I think we will need the stout and slower front 7 to slow down their run game. Will we ever see Merrick Jackson and Steven Richardson at the same?

It's possible to beat them. Play well. No mistakes. They play poorly. Balls bounce in funny ways.

Possible. Not probable.

Of Course They Can Beat the Badgers

With apologies to the late Harold Ramis, the late Doug Kenney and the Board

"
Vandy: War’s over, man. Coyle dropped the big one.

hungan1: Over? Did you say “over”? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Bad Gopher: Germans?

Spoofin: Forget it, he’s rolling.

hungan1: And it ain’t over now. ‘Cause when the goin’ gets tough…

hungan1: the tough get goin’! Who’s with me? Let’s go!

hungan1: What the **** happened to the Gopher Hole I used to know? Where’s the spirit? Where’s the guts, huh? This could be the greatest afternoon of our lives, but you’re gonna let it be the worst. “Ooh, we’re afraid to go with you hungan1, we might get in trouble.” Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I’m not gonna take this. Chryst he’s a dead man! Bart Houston, dead! Corey Clement…

Bad Gopher: Dead! hungan1’s right, Working My Tail Off, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody’s part.

hungan1: We’re just the guys to do it.

Vandy: Let’s do it.

hungan1: Let’s do it!

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...fc44d3b9f2894e4c8ea1b4aef44efa21&action=click

With apologies to the late Harold Ramis, the late Doug Kenney and the Board

"
Vandy: War’s over, man. Coyle dropped the big one.

hungan1: Over? Did you say “over”? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Bad Gopher: Germans?

Spoofin: Forget it, he’s rolling.

hungan1: And it ain’t over now. ‘Cause when the goin’ gets tough…

hungan1: the tough get goin’! Who’s with me? Let’s go!

hungan1: What the **** happened to the Gopher Hole I used to know? Where’s the spirit? Where’s the guts, huh? This could be the greatest afternoon of our lives, but you’re gonna let it be the worst. “Ooh, we’re afraid to go with you hungan1, we might get in trouble.” Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I’m not gonna take this. Chryst he’s a dead man! Bart Houston, dead! Corey Clement…

Bad Gopher: Dead! hungan1’s right. Working My Tail Off, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody’s part.

hungan1: We’re just the guys to do it.

Vandy: Let’s do it.

hungan1: Let’s do it!

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...fc44d3b9f2894e4c8ea1b4aef44efa21&action=click

That is the pre game speech this group needed!

Top Bottom