We are INFESTED....must exterminate

GophAroundGuy

Reaction score
This is more of a rant....but something that I felt the need to get off my chest. I think many can relate to this......in my neighborhood, workplace and even family (ugh) I'm frequently reminded of the number of MN Taxpaying Hogeye, Sue, Packer/Badger, and now even Bizon & Husker fans that all call our great town/state home. We are the melting pot....a place that has a solid economic base and jobs to hire from.

They have for years polluted the avg MN fan with vitriol towards our home grown team. We must control this infestation.....and I see it coming with W's. The parasites within our borders are fearing what's about to come to them in the next few years.....payback, venom and beat downs for years to come. They all have it coming!!!

IN KILL WE TRUST

This is more of a rant....but something that I felt the need to get off my chest. I think many can relate to this......in my neighborhood, workplace and even family (ugh) I'm frequently reminded of the number of MN Taxpaying Hogeye, Sue, Packer/Badger, and now even Bizon & Husker fans that all call our great town/state home. We are the melting pot....a place that has a solid economic base and jobs to hire from.

They have for years polluted the avg MN fan with vitriol towards our home grown team. We must control this infestation.....and I see it coming with W's. The parasites within our borders are fearing what's about to come to them in the next few years.....payback, venom and beat downs for years to come. They all have it coming!!!

IN KILL WE TRUST

It's a compliment to our state's success and high quality of life.
The jobs are here or Chicago.
There's no major metro area worth mentioning in ND, WI or IA.
Any crap those fans talk is always with the asterisk that they love living here and with the understanding that the cities/states those schools reside in cannot offer the quality employment MN and Minneapolis/St Paul can for U grads.

Any crap those fans talk is always with the asterisk that they love living here and with the understanding that the cities/states those schools reside in cannot offer the quality employment MN and Minneapolis/St Paul can for U grads.

exactly right. the taxes these folks pay fund the U at a greater rate than the amount they donate to the school where they matriculated. I hope they enjoy living here as much as i do.

exactly right. the taxes these folks pay fund the U at a greater rate than the amount they donate to the school where they matriculated. I hope they enjoy living here as much as i do.

This makes me smile.

IN KILL WE TRUST

At least you don't come across as a facist!

Some of my best friends growing up went to Madison but with the full expectation that they would return here or go to Chicago afterwards. Half came back and and many went to Chicago. Not one of them claimed, when they left for Freshman year, that Minnesota was a bad state or they didn't love the Twin Cities area. They wanted to go to a school that they felt most at home. Subsequently they became fans of their school and brought that fandom back with them. I don't hate that at all, in fact I love it. I spent a few years after graduation living in Lincoln Park and one of the best parts was that it was such a melting pot of B1G universities. Every bar turned into a UofM, MSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, OSU, etc. bar every Saturday and everyone wore their school's t-shirts and sweatshirts with pride.

The more you treat these rivalries with vitriol and hatred the less fun it becomes. Sure, give each other **** and take pride when your team wins but I certainly don't hate people that are fans of other schools.

At least you don't come across as a facist!

Some of my best friends growing up went to Madison but with the full expectation that they would return here or go to Chicago afterwards. Half came back and and many went to Chicago. Not one of them claimed, when they left for Freshman year, that Minnesota was a bad state or they didn't love the Twin Cities area. They wanted to go to a school that they felt most at home. Subsequently they became fans of their school and brought that fandom back with them. I don't hate that at all, in fact I love it. I spent a few years after graduation living in Lincoln Park and one of the best parts was that it was such a melting pot of B1G universities. Every bar turned into a UofM, MSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, OSU, etc. bar every Saturday and everyone wore their school's t-shirts and sweatshirts with pride.

The more you treat these rivalries with vitriol and hatred the less fun it becomes. Sure, give each other **** and take pride when your team wins but I certainly don't hate people that are fans of other schools.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you must not have been around these rivalries recently.

Try to have a prideful or good natured conversation with a recent badger fan, not one who was around pre 93'. They are obnoxious, drunk, entitled, cocky, and all around classless.

I actually envy you if you're far enough removed from these games to hang out with iowa or badger fans with any sort of perspective. Most you run into around here are simply so emboldened with their recent winning they are impossible to deal with rationally.

I read the "hole" almost every day. Usually I don't have much to add, but this may be my all time favorite thread. Not because I "hate" anyone, I have only ever met two realistic Iowa fans my whole life, and I live so close to Iowa I can smell it even with a north wind. Thats two more realistic fans than I have ever met from Wisconsin, so I guess that's something.

Thanks for the thread and the hope for many years we don't have to even talk to them. Just point at the scoreboard.

I think for those who grew up in Wisconsin or Iowa, and attended their home state school, the shame of having left the old country for a better place leaves them conflicted.

So they celebrate their roots by doing those things that are so part of the fabric of life back home, like drinking themselves senseless or acting like complete jackasses. It is just their way of maintaining a connection to what they have lost.

Sad, really.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you must not have been around these rivalries recently.

Try to have a prideful or good natured conversation with a recent badger fan, not one who was around pre 93'. They are obnoxious, drunk, entitled, cocky, and all around classless.

I actually envy you if you're far enough removed from these games to hang out with iowa or badger fans with any sort of perspective. Most you run into around here are simply so emboldened with their recent winning they are impossible to deal with rationally.

Ding, ding, ding!

I have a bunch of friends from Wisconsin who stayed here after college. I have a regular Thursday night at a local bar with two brothers, another guy that I go on an annual ski trip, golf, trip, and a couple of guys weekends, plus many others. They are fans of the badgers...100%. But they're not @ssholes, like 99% of the fans I run into.

I've had the exact same experience with younger fans, and I live all too close to the Heart of Darkness (Madison).

But I will say that most of my friends who are Badger fans and who are my age or older (mid-30s and up), are entirely reasonable and grateful for the success they've had since the Alvarez era began. Some are even quite cognisant of their younger bretheren and the fact that they never really 'paid any dues', supporting the team during the dark ages. Fear not, there are plenty of reasonable Badger fans to have discussion and playful banter with. But I think a vast majority are just older.

I've had the exact same experience with younger fans, and I live all too close to the Heart of Darkness (Madison).

But I will say that most of my friends who are Badger fans and who are my age or older (mid-30s and up), are entirely reasonable and grateful for the success they've had since the Alvarez era began. Some are even quite cognisant of their younger bretheren and the fact that they never really 'paid any dues', supporting the team during the dark ages. Fear not, there are plenty of reasonable Badger fans to have discussion and playful banter with. But I think a vast majority are just older.

Lived in Madison for ten years and yes I completely agree with you. I got to know some very good people that work in the athletic department, university administration and on the board of regents through my time in Madison. The older folks get it and even though they are a rival I respect them because they remember the decades of drought and are respectful for the most part. The newer breed truly believes that it was always that way at Wisconsin.

The one thing that I found funny was that it was the Badger fans that did not attend UW but rather a UW-Directional who are always the most abrasive Badger fans. They would always give me the same line that there school was just like Madison and the Madison alums would just roll their eyes and chuckle.

Any way you cut it, the success you have seen at Wisconsin falls on one person feet and that is Pat Richter. He is incredibly classy and respectful. People can sit there and claim Barry; but Pat turned that entire athletic department around from a money sucker to a strong revenue generator. Barry has a large number of critics for many reasons, but nobody ever says a bad word about Pat.

Hell, my wife graduated from UW. She was cleansed though because she received her graduate degrees from Minnesota.

My favorite joke to ask Badger fans is for them to sing me their school song "On Wisconsin". I know hundreds of UW alums and not one knows it. Hell the only reason I know it is because it was my school song in high school. My wife does know the alternate version though in "On Probation". I learned that one from a Michigan State and Michigan alum.

This. There was an article a few years ago in either the minny or Chicago tribune on economic development in the Midwest and only 2 states had positive infusion of college grads (Minnesota and Illinois). Others like Wisconsin and especially Iowa and North Dakota were having trouble keeping college grads in state. The upside was that the economies of Minnesota and Illinois were In good shape. The downside was that Minneapolis and Chicago have to play host to a bunch of irritating and overly confident alien sports fans. A fair trade I suppose.

Every single one of them is late- to mid-twenties. They have perspective which seems a whole lot more rational than the majority of posting in this thread.

Every single one of them is late- to mid-twenties. They have perspective which seems a whole lot more rational than the majority of posting in this thread.

Good for you man!
Don't be so quick to judge though, our badger fan freinds/acquaintances aren't so balanced.

Maybe it's the engineering profession I'm in but pretty much all of the alumni from Wisco or Minnesota that I run into don't give a rat's ass about the rivalry. They're all very reasonable. I only indulge the "rivalry" for the fun of it. If it ever becomes more than that I'll drop c football all together. It is just a game afterall, anything excessive is total BS. So please make it a point to be as warm and friendly as possible to our neighbors in a week.

The one thing that I found funny was that it was the Badger fans that did not attend UW but rather a UW-Directional who are always the most abrasive Badger fans. They would always give me the same line that there school was just like Madison and the Madison alums would just roll their eyes and chuckle.

THIS. Very true in my experience. These same UW-'Insert Crap Town Here' alums, have this sense of attachment to UW-Madison, seemingly forgetting that they couldn't get accepted into Madison, and had to instead attend one of the lower-tier state schools (some of which are glorified high schools and institutions of higher drinking - which is not to say a good education can't be had at these schools, it can). But because they are all in the Wisconsin University system, many end up thinking/acting like they are full-blooded Badgers. Hell, we've got someone here at my work that hid their UW-'Not Madison' degree by listing it as simply 'University of Wisconsin' on their resume. UW-Milwaukee might be the exception to the rule, as they seem to always be trying to distance themselves from Madison, and be their own school.

Good for you man!
Don't be so quick to judge though, our badger fan freinds/acquaintances aren't so balanced.

Maybe it's more of a selection bias type of thing, you know, the company you keep and all.

FWIW *********** got shelled by the badger fans over on badgernation very recently. Some of those badger fans are pretty damn alright in my book.

FWIW *********** got shelled by the badger fans over on badgernation very recently. Some of those badger fans are pretty damn alright in my book.

Any rational person can spot crazy, and *********** is freaking fruit loops.

THIS. Very true in my experience. These same UW-'Insert Crap Town Here' alums, have this sense of attachment to UW-Madison, seemingly forgetting that they couldn't get accepted into Madison, and had to instead attend one of the lower-tier state schools (some of which are glorified high schools and institutions of higher drinking - which is not to say a good education can't be had at these schools, it can). But because they are all in the Wisconsin University system, many end up thinking/acting like they are full-blooded Badgers. Hell, we've got someone here at my work that hid their UW-'Not Madison' degree by listing it as simply 'University of Wisconsin' on their resume. UW-Milwaukee might be the exception to the rule, as they seem to always be trying to distance themselves from Madison, and be their own school.

When in doubt go to Stout

My initial response is don't be such a pussy...these people have cast their crap upon us over and over. They troll our board, they troll our city, they troll our lakes for goodness sakes. I smite thee becky fan with 60 years of frustration!

My initial response is don't be such a pussy...these people have cast their crap upon us over and over. They troll our board, they troll our city, they troll our lakes for goodness sakes. I smite thee becky fan with 60 years of frustration!

20 years. Remember nothing before 1993 exists or matters.

Ok tough guy. Glad you're able to call me a pussy for not getting so worked up over a game that I don't even participate in. Remember people above talking about perspective, why don't you find some.

I live on the border. Sconnies are everywhere.

They live among us.

I meant maybe because I'm not the type of person to hate another person for the team they root for I'm less likely to surround myself with them. Either way, I was just giving you a little crap.

I don't much like being called a "parasite".

When in doubt go to Stout

I once got drunk at Stout, puked all up and down the dorm hall and all over the bathroom. Funny thing was, there was already two guys ahead of me puking when I got there. Gotta Love Stout!

I went to St. Cloud State from 1991-1996. My first few years I can't recall seeing any Badger or Packer gear anywhere. About 1994-1995 Packer and Badger fans were dense, seemingly falling out of the woodwork. A lot of WI residents hit up our other state colleges too. I recall going to a party for the PPV Tyson/Irish fat guy Peter McNeely fight (I'm going to wrap him in my cocoon of horror), and listening to the dolts go on and on about Badger and Packer football. They apparently weren't that smart, as they passed around the hat for "donations" to cover the PPV cost AFTER Tyson knocked him out (1st or second Rd.).

Top Bottom