Washington?

I'm certainly much, much better at my job than I was 15 years ago.

Fisch did a good job turning around Arizona and that's how you measure success. He doesn't seem to like to stick around anywhere too long and Washington doesn't tend to be a place where people stick around.

It will be very fun to track the success of Jedd Fisch & Kalen DeBoer. Kalen obviously has the longer track record of success, but it's always hard to figure out how much was the coach and how much was just good timing. The below article from the Seattle Times points out Kalen's good timing. All his best players except Penix were recruited by someone else. In fact, one big potential weakness for him could be that he hasn't demonstrated that he is a very good recruiter. Jedd Fisch has had more demonstrated success in that area.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...ed-for-success-at-uw-he-can-also-be-replaced/

In addition, Jedd Fisch has Pete Carroll's son, Brennan, as his offensive coordinator. What if he pulls him with to Washington and dad also joins the team in a consulting role for fun? The Seattle Seahawks just kicked him to the curb so he has the time! This seems like too obvious a move to be coincidence. Now you have a national championship coach associated with the program. What if Jedd convinces Arizona's star quarterback and receiver to follow him to Washington and maybe another few high impact guys? Analysts say he is very good in the portal and as a recruiter. What if Washington just reloads?

There is a non-zero chance Jedd Fisch does better in Washington than DeBoer does in Alabama. What if they play each other in this year's playoff and Jedd wins? Now wouldn't that be interesting?

when I read or hear the name Jedd Fisch, the first thing I think of is Wren/the Walrus calling him "The Pet Fisch" when he was the Gophers' OC.

record as a Head Coach
UCLA (interim) 1-1
Arizona 16-21
overall 17-22

fun facts: did not play football in HS - was an all-state Tennis player. Has a degree in Criminology from Florida.

but his resume is interesting......never more than 3 years in the same job.

1998New Jersey Red Dogs (WR/QC)
1999–2000Florida (GA)
2002–2003Houston Texans (DQC)
2004–2007Baltimore Ravens (offensive assistant)
2008Denver Broncos (WR)
2009Minnesota (OC/QB)
2010Seattle Seahawks (QB)
2011–2012Miami (FL) (OC/QB)
2013–2014Jacksonville Jaguars (OC)
2015–2016Michigan (QB/WR/PGC)
2017UCLA (OC/QB)
2017UCLA (interim HC)
2018Los Angeles Rams (senior offensive assistant)
2019Los Angeles Rams (assistant OC)
2020New England Patriots (QB)
2021–2023Arizona
2024–presentWashington

Fisch should hit the ground running if he brings qb Fefita, rb Coleman, and WR McMillan with him as rumored. McMillan might be the best wr in the country.

Jedd Fisch taking entire Arizona offensive staff to Washington: Sources​

Jedd Fisch is moving fast to get his staff in place at Washington.

On Monday afternoon, a plane with nine of his former Arizona staffers — including his entire offensive staff — boarded a plane bound for Seattle, according to team sources. Among the passengers expected to join Fisch at Washington on the flight: offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Brennan Carroll, QB coach Jimmie Dougherty, running backs coach Scottie Graham, wide receivers coach Kevin Cummings, tight ends coach/special teams coordinator Jordan Paopao plus strength coach Tyler Owens along with defensive coaches John Richardson (cornerbacks) and Jason Kaufusi (outside linebackers/defensive ends).

Fisch was really just strating out when he was here......

when I read or hear the name Jedd Fisch, the first thing I think of is Wren/the Walrus calling him "The Pet Fisch" when he was the Gophers' OC.

record as a Head Coach
UCLA (interim) 1-1
Arizona 16-21
overall 17-22

fun facts: did not play football in HS - was an all-state Tennis player. Has a degree in Criminology from Florida.

but his resume is interesting......never more than 3 years in the same job.

1998New Jersey Red Dogs (WR/QC)
1999–2000Florida (GA)
2002–2003Houston Texans (DQC)
2004–2007Baltimore Ravens (offensive assistant)
2008Denver Broncos (WR)
2009Minnesota (OC/QB)
2010Seattle Seahawks (QB)
2011–2012Miami (FL) (OC/QB)
2013–2014Jacksonville Jaguars (OC)
2015–2016Michigan (QB/WR/PGC)
2017UCLA (OC/QB)
2017UCLA (interim HC)
2018Los Angeles Rams (senior offensive assistant)
2019Los Angeles Rams (assistant OC)
2020New England Patriots (QB)
2021–2023Arizona
2024–presentWashington
Crazy thing about that bio is how much he has jumped around between the NFL and college. Maybe just a feeling but it seems like coaches tend to be more college or NFL guys. With his track record you would have to wonder how long it will be before he tries to get back into the NFL game.

If fisch wasn’t associated with Brewster this whole board would be impressed with what he did at AZ
Agree and that was 15 years ago when he was 32. He's worked for Belichick, McVay, and at Michigan since then. He's still only 47 years old and took a bunch of low rated players and developed them into a winner at Arizona.

Top Bottom