Warren suggests Divisions could be gone when USC/UCLA join

BCS is what I was calling it, not in the article. I have never adapted to CFP. Had to look up what it's even called now.

Perhaps they should just get a sponsor, like Dr Pepper and rename it to make it more memorable.
Just call it the Cheeze-It Bowl.

You want a corporate sponsor that represents solidity, reliability, integrity and, above all, tradition.

I'm thinking something related to crypto would be perfect.

Last edited:

Last time I had Cheeze-Its was 30 years ago and I puked. Never gone back.

I don't blame the product but the sensory association makes me cringe whenever they are in my presence. Even typing this response about them is unpleasant, seriously.

You want a corporate sponsor that represents solidity, reliability, integrity and, above all, tradition.

I'm thinking something related to crypto would be perfect.
Good one. But bitcoin has been staging a comeback. Interesting to see where crypto will be in a few years. Is Warren Buffet going to be right, or flat out wrong?

Sorry for derailing lol.

Last time I had Cheeze-Its was 30 years ago and I puked. Never gone back.

I don't blame the product but the sensory association makes me cringe whenever they are in my presence. Even typing this response about them is unpleasant, seriously.
I can't stand it either. It says something though that they can make enough profit to sponsor two bowl games in one season. I don't think I've met anyone that eats the stuff?

Possibly, but I also think he'll find the B1G games much tougher than he's experienced. I've no fear of them or him at all from a Gopher perspective.
Nebraska transitioned to the Big Ten well from the Big 12, initially. Then they fired Pelini and it has been all downhill from there.

I take it to mean that they won't call penalties against MI or tOSU if those teams are being challenged by teams like MN or Illinois.

ACC is doing the same thing with Clemson, their "playoff hope". Last year Syracuse was taking it to Clemson, at Clemson, and then lo and behold, the refs start throwing flags and marching the Clemson offense down the field and into the end zone. The refs made sure Syracuse had no chance going forward.

Sigh.
ACC is fine with Clemson or Florida State getting into the playoff. Whichever, works for them. Those are their two horses.

Good one. But bitcoin has been staging a comeback. Interesting to see where crypto will be in a few years. Is Warren Buffet going to be right, or flat out wrong?

Sorry for derailing lol.
What do you mean by comeback?

Up like 30% this year and hovering around $23,000. Seems like $16K might have been the floor.
UcjfcZr.png

ACC is fine with Clemson or Florida State getting into the playoff. Whichever, works for them. Those are their two horses.
That's the problem though, if one of those teams is getting beat, the refs will step in.

I don't see a fix until there is no financial incentive for a conference to be represented in the playoff. Otherwise, the conferences won't let the top dogs ever lose to teams like us and Illinois, even if we are playing better that day.

That's the problem though, if one of those teams is getting beat, the refs will step in.

I don't see a fix until there is no financial incentive for a conference to be represented in the playoff. Otherwise, the conferences won't let the top dogs ever lose to teams like us and Illinois, even if we are playing better that day.
It's going to get worse, in this sense.

Currently all the P5 get the same cut from the CFP, roughly.

I believe with the new 12 team format, they're going to do at least some piece of it going by number of games participated in the playoff bracket, like March Madness.

Up like 30% this year and hovering around $23,000. Seems like $16K might have been the floor.
Given the issues with other crypto exchanges, people need to understand that it is not actual currency, at best it is essentially like owning/trading a highly volatile stock.

Sorry for derailing lol.
Yeah, people should be buying some of the more reliable cryptos right now (or really a few months ago).

I genuinely believe the FTX drama got so much coverage and NFTs got pushed so that lay people would confuse what happened with FTX and NFT's so that cryptos would be seen as worthless. A big chunk of the bitcoin resurgence is from new buyers and those new buyers are no longer the cheeto fingered crypto boys, it's backed by real money swooping while the market was at its lowest.

Yeah, people should be buying some of the more reliable cryptos right now (or really a few months ago).

I genuinely believe the FTX drama got so much coverage and NFTs got pushed so that lay people would confuse what happened with FTX and NFT's so that cryptos would be seen as worthless. A big chunk of the bitcoin resurgence is from new buyers and those new buyers are no longer the cheeto fingered crypto boys, it's backed by real money swooping while the market was at its lowest.
Well, here's hoping those people lose money.

Crypto provides no value to a society, other than to provide criminals a way to hide their ill-gotten gains. I hope fewer and fewer legit businesses accept it as a form of payment.

Well, here's hoping those people lose money.

Crypto provides no value to a society, other than to provide criminals a way to hide their ill-gotten gains. I hope fewer and fewer legit businesses accept it as a form of payment.
LOL. Weird stance.

The #1 currency used by criminals now and likely forever is the American dollar - - cash.

LOL. Weird stance.

The #1 currency used by criminals now and likely forever is the American dollar - - cash.
I know you aren't suggesting that cash has no legitimate purpose, as is true for crypto, so I know you aren't suggesting that's a valid analogy.

I know you aren't suggesting that cash has no legitimate purpose, as is true for crypto, so I know you aren't suggesting that's a valid analogy.
They both have the exact same purpose. They are currency. You can literally trade cash for crypto and vice versa and trade them for goods and services. They, literally, serve the exact same legitimate purpose.

They both have the exact same purpose. They are currency. You can literally trade cash for crypto and vice versa and trade them for goods and services. They, literally, serve the exact same legitimate purpose.
This is a hot take.

I think it's just fine if we agree to disagree, there's obviously nothing I can say that "disproves" your assertion here.

If the federal government were to regulate crypto, I think that would be good. I also think it would be good if legitimate businesses refused to accept them as a form of payment, thus rendering crypto as useless except trading with dollars.

This is a hot take.
You can't buy things with crypto? I never said that they have the were equally effective, I said they serve the exact same purpose.

You can't buy things with crypto?
You can't exchange crypto for dollars and dollars for crypto?

I never made the argument it's as safe or wise to invest in crypto as it is the dollar, nothing in my post was even remotely controversial. You can literally buy things on amazon with bitcoin.

I think it's just fine if we agree to disagree, there's obviously nothing I can say that "disproves" your assertion here.

If the federal government were to regulate crypto, I think that would be good. I also think it would be good if legitimate businesses refused to accept them as a form of payment, thus rendering crypto as useless except trading with dollars.
You just have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You can literally buy food from Burger King with crypto. It serves the EXACT same purpose.

It's not an assertion, it's just pure fact. You even agree with me. LOL.

What part, specifically, do you disagree?

Do you think you can't exchange it for dollars?
Do you think you can't buy things with it?

You just have now said that legitimate businesses accept it. I get that for whatever reason you don't want them to (which is just a bizarre take), but you are saying that legit business take bitcoin. So that is the purpose. Just like every other form of currency. It's to exchange for goods, services, and/or other currencies.

In your bizarre post, you've now talked about how they check all three of those boxes. You don't even disagree with me, but the idea of currency confuses you so much that you haven't realized it.

You can't buy things with crypto? I never said that they have the were equally effective, I said they serve the exact same purpose.

You can't buy things with crypto?
You can't exchange crypto for dollars and dollars for crypto?

I never made the argument it's as safe or wise to invest in crypto as it is the dollar, nothing in my post was even remotely controversial. You can literally buy things on amazon with bitcoin.
You can exchange dollars for stocks, you can exchange stocks for dollars

You can exchange cash 4 gold (there is even a store) you can exchange gold for cash.

You can buy things via barter with gold. Once I have a guy a 9 horse boat motor in exchange for a riding lawnmower.

These are all the same.
Cash
Crypto
Gold
Stocks
Boat motors

I’m not debating you. I’m just saying it’s a hot take. You might be right!

You can exchange dollars for stocks, you can exchange stocks for dollars

You can exchange cash 4 gold (there is even a store) you can exchange gold for cash.

You can buy things via barter with gold. Once I have a guy a 9 horse boat motor in exchange for a riding lawnmower.

These are all the same.
Cash
Crypto
Gold
Stocks
Boat motors
Oh, you just got really mad and didn't read. I think you actually caught your stupidity in your response which is why you wouldn't answer directly. You really do sort of fly into your hissy fits without fully reading, so lets break it down for you.

I never said that cryptocurrency and cash were the exact same thing. Never said that. Not once. I said that they are both currencies that serve the exact same purpose and I never implied that currency was the only thing you could trade goods, services, or other forms of currency. The ruble also serves that purpose.

So again, what part of my hot take do you disagree with?

Oh, you just got really mad and didn't read. I think you actually caught your stupidity in your response which is why you wouldn't answer directly. You really do sort of fly into your hissy fits without fully reading, so lets break it down for you.

I never said that cryptocurrency and cash were the exact same thing. Never said that. Not once. I said that they are both currencies that serve the exact same purpose and I never implied that currency was the only thing you could trade goods, services, or other forms of currency. The ruble also serves that purpose.

So again, what part of my hot take do you disagree with?
the entire thing.
If you think Bitcoin is like the US dollar I think you’re a moron.

But you might be right and I might be wrong

But I already thought you were a moron when you talked about touching yourself to illegally obtained images of college girls…so there is that

You just have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You can literally buy food from Burger King with crypto. It serves the EXACT same purpose.

It's not an assertion, it's just pure fact. You even agree with me. LOL.

What part, specifically, do you disagree?

Do you think you can't exchange it for dollars?
Do you think you can't buy things with it?

You just have now said that legitimate businesses accept it. I get that for whatever reason you don't want them to (which is just a bizarre take), but you are saying that legit business take bitcoin. So that is the purpose. Just like every other form of currency. It's to exchange for goods, services, and/or other currencies.

In your bizarre post, you've now talked about how they check all three of those boxes. You don't even disagree with me, but the idea of currency confuses you so much that you haven't realized it.
I don't think in any of my posts I said anything like "legit businesses do not accept crypto".

I have said things like "I think it would be good if legit businesses refused to accept it".

Why do I feel that way? Mainly because it isn't regulated.

Rankings rule. Divisions do not matter.

I always look at Big Ten rankings 1 to last.

No, they are not.

Top Bottom