Wally Ellenson named 4th team AP allstate in Wisconsin! What is with that?

Those All-State and All-Conference voting are always pretty accurate too!

No love for a GOPHER recruit. If he were a skunk recruit he would probably be a first teamer!

1st team:
Zak Showalter unranked on rivals
Jordan Fouse unranked
2nd team:
Ty Demuth: google couldn't even find a rivals page
Luke Heller: same as Demuth
3rd team:
Carrington Love unranked
Jamall Taylor no rivals page found using google
Cory Vaassen same
Tyson Kalien: saw a headline about going to St. Cloud State
Brett VandenBergh unranked

What I'm getting at here is all-state teams don't really mean anything about what a player is as a prospect.

1st team:
Jordan Fouse unranked
2nd team:
3rd team:
Carrington Love unranked
Cory Vaassen same

What I'm getting at here is all-state teams don't really mean anything about what a player is as a prospect.

Isn't Ellenson unranked on Rivals?

Ellenson is "unranked" as far as their top 150 or whatever. But a 3-star, whereas these other guys are zero-star recruits.

1st team:
Jordan Fouse unranked
2nd team:
3rd team:
Carrington Love unranked
Cory Vaassen same

FYI- Zak Showalter-- preferred walk-on at Madison
Jordan Fouse- UW-Green Bay
and the talk was that Carrington Love had 3 low-mid major scholarships to choose from.

as to the implied point of the thread(or the way I took it anyway)-- you are right- do not get your expecations too high for Wally.

and the talk was that Carrington Love had 3 low-mid major scholarships to choose from.

as to the implied point of the thread(or the way I took it anyway)-- you are right- do not get your expecations too high for Wally.
Ya I saw those on the Rivals pages, but my point was that AP all-state doesn't have any effect on athletic potential. My presumption is these players are going to the levels they are going to, and didn't get rated, because they are not as highly regarded prospects.

1st team:
Jordan Fouse unranked
2nd team:
3rd team:
Carrington Love unranked
Cory Vaassen same

Brett Vandengergh is going to NDSU..anyways, WI all state teams are meaningless. Wally will be just fine at U of M. On a side note, Showalter is going to be an animal as a preferred walk on!

Brett Vandengergh is going to NDSU..anyways, WI all state teams are meaningless. Wally will be just fine at U of M. On a side note, Showalter is going to be an animal as a preferred walk on!
And as some other posters said, the players with the profiles are either walking on somewhere or going lower D1. This doesn't go against my point that they are seen as lesser prospects.

Skunks should stick to ranking cheese and climbing obese rate. They don't know basketball from a cheese curd.

I gotta say, Showalter's potential scares the hell out of me as a Gopher fan. I saw him in person as a junior when Germantown played Appleton East in the playoffs last year. Kid can play on both ends of the floor (averaged 22.1 his senior year, 19.2 as a junior, and he was a unanimous selection for defensive player of the year in Wisconsin this season).

He turned down a mailbox full of offers from mid-majors for a PWO at UW. He definitely seems like the kind of UW player that will be a pain in our collective rear ends for a few years.

Huge mistake, right. Never skip a chance to be a dink on GH, if it makes you fell better about yourself.

Huge mistake, right. Never skip a chance to be a dink on GH, if it makes you fell better about yourself.

I'm sorry you construed my post as being mean-spirited, but I had no intentions of trying to belittle you. I thought it was a harmless joke and that my tone conveyed that, but I guess not.

I thought it was a harmless joke and that my tone conveyed that, but I guess not.

It was a harmless joke. It just wasn't funny.[/QUOTE]

do not get your expecations too high for Wally.

watched him (last year AAU season and this high school season -only 2 games) and talked to coaches and parents within his conference

So coaches and parents within the conference didn't think he was that good? I've only heard good things. What "Expectations" are you talking about. Less impact than Oto as a freshman?

I believe that Wally is the target of a systematic process of intimidation and manipulation, the likes of which you have never...

I'm kinda sensitive about my math skills too.

Wally not first team due to politics. He plays up in the Northwoods in Wisconsin. A large percentage of this state knows nothing that goes on past Eau Claire.

Top Bottom