*Waitlist SeatSelection Watching* Thread

I'll speak for the row 5-ers of us and say that unless there are some ridiculously curmudgeon-y people right behind us, we will be standing a decent chunk of the time.

If you are directly behind us and visit this board, please air your grievances now.

We're 4 and 5 rows behind you, I'll be standing if you are. My wife is going to kill me.

We're 4 and 5 rows behind you, I'll be standing if you are. My wife is going to kill me.

Haha no worries. Knowing that we are no longer in the student section, we won't stand the entire game. But if there is anything quasi-exciting happening I will probably jump to my feet out of sheer excitement/habit.

We'll be standing in 24 and 25. You guys up front will have to set the standard. Send a message early-ha ha. But you know there is somebody who's gonna bit*h about it. Maybe they should have advertised 231 as a standing section. I'm hoping 231 will be the "big kids' student section"

Haha no worries. Knowing that we are no longer in the student section, we won't stand the entire game. But if there is anything quasi-exciting happening I will probably jump to my feet out of sheer excitement/habit.

Oh no worries at all, we will be standing too! My wife will just have to wear proper foot attire!

Being in the same row with PLG and Sour, I can say that we will be standing around 70% of the time. If you got tickets that close to the student section you knew what we were getting into.

As far as t-shirts go...absolutely...though we do need a slogan.

231...the place for fun.
231...Git yur chili done.

There must be A LOT of people on the waiting list. I have an open seat next to my four selected tickets and I want to pick it up. I got on the waiting list the middle of last month (request for one seat in hopes of picking up that open single next to me) and I have not been given a time to pick seats yet. That means there are enough people on the waiting list to have recent additions sit on the waiting list with no assigned time (or guarantee) to get seats.

Does anyone know of anyone who has a selection time after this week? Everyone I know has already selected or goes later this week. Haven't heard of anyone in the 1200+ range getting a selection time.

Man 215-218 went fast today. I wonder if brokers were picking up seats close to the visitor sections. Early on it looked like people preferred the home side enclosed corner.

I can guarantee that the folks in our group will be standing in row 9 as well...and I definitely like the idea of a unified t-shirt as well! A few more ideas:

231...Sitting in the Sun
231...We Hate Iowa Out Here Too
231...Tremendous

Siting by the visiting fan section

Man 215-218 went fast today. I wonder if brokers were picking up seats close to the visitor sections. Early on it looked like people preferred the home side enclosed corner.

No I think the waitlisters just preferred a view of the scoreboard, downtown, and some sun in their faces.

Honestly I'm not too concerned about the visiting fans. Only the Wisconsin fans will sell out their allotment, and even then there will only be 3,000 of them compared to what they were able to get in the dome. There will probably be plenty of locals buying up the remainders--or the AD will give some away to tickets for troops or youth programs.

wow...looks like lots more seats are being picked today. I signed on this afternoon to see ALOT of Red and Orange.

Yup -- lots of seats went in the last two days. This puppy is getting close to sold out :)

Quote: No I think the waitlisters just preferred a view of the scoreboard, downtown, and some sun in their faces.

Unfortunately, the view of the scoreboard and downtown is better from the home side. The sun will be in their faces, though.

We'll be standing in 24 and 25. You guys up front will have to set the standard. Send a message early-ha ha. But you know there is somebody who's gonna bit*h about it. Maybe they should have advertised 231 as a standing section. I'm hoping 231 will be the "big kids' student section"

Yes...I like the sound of this

I can guarantee that the folks in our group will be standing in row 9 as well...and I definitely like the idea of a unified t-shirt as well! A few more ideas:

231...Sitting in the Sun
231...We Hate Iowa Out Here Too
231...Tremendous

It would be cool to have some type of unified comradery for our section 231, after all, this will be our Fall time family for possibly years to come. And we wont have gold student t-shirts to rely on. People in other sections will totally regret not choosing to sit in 231, where those guys and gals are having so much fun. "Wow, and they even got t-shirts made, thats awesome...." I can hear them saying it already...

If you guys actually pull this stuff off (standing, special t-shirts, doing the cheers, etc.), then I have officially chosen where I will try to get my tickets for next year (my first year as a non-student).

If you guys actually pull this stuff off (standing, special t-shirts, doing the cheers, etc.), then I have officially chosen where I will try to get my tickets for next year (my first year as a non-student).

Hell, even those in the suites will want to sit in 231 after this year.

I am picking tomorrow and going to try to get into Sec. 231. I just graduated last may so I definitely want to have a good atmosphere around me and am all for standing up! Can't wait to pick my seats!

No I think the waitlisters just preferred a view of the scoreboard, downtown, and some sun in their faces.

My friends and I have 12 seats in 218. Hopefully, our neighbors do not mind us too much.

Front row second deck is the place to be. You can stand or sit or do what ever the hell you want. Nobody in front of you to whine..."stand up...sit down...stand up... sit down..." You set the tone for the whole section.

Sec 231 you need to get the front row on board to set the tone of who stands and who sits.

Front row second deck is the place to be. You can stand or sit or do what ever the hell you want. Nobody in front of you to whine..."stand up...sit down...stand up... sit down..." You set the tone for the whole section.

Sec 231 you need to get the front row on board to set the tone of who stands and who sits.

With great power comes great responsibility.

I was on the wait list and got sec 234 row 26 today. I just wanted any decent ticket and looks like I have just that. Can't wait for September!

Quick count of remaining CONSECUTIVE seats

Again, these are the numbers of consecutive seats left unselected in the stadium.

219: 38

231: 98
232: 100
233: 70
234: 74

Total: 380 consecutive seats remaining in TCF Bank Stadium.

What are the people on Monday going to choose from????

What are the people on Monday going to choose from????

I have a feeling they will get to choose obstructed view or nothing. There must be a few hundred obstructed view seats that the university blocked out early in the selection process.

It is just a guess, but what I could see happening is that when all the current seats are taken (or only singles remain), an e-mail will be sent out to all people on the list that haven't selected yet telling them that the only seats available are partially obstructed view and we will see all those seats suddenly show up as available on the seating web site. This is just a guess, but it would make sense.

Top Bottom