*Waitlist SeatSelection Watching* Thread

Reaction score
I am #21 on the waitlist and pick at 10:00 today....just seeing if anyone else is watching the little green dots this morning.

I assumed it started at 8:00?? But I dont see any dots leaving....atleast in the sections I'm looking in.

Does anyone else see where they are going?

If they allow 5 min per pick.... that's only 12 picks in an hour. If I am #21 and pick at 10:00.....if I'm doing the math correctly, they would have to start before 9 wouldnt they?

I think they let multiple people pick at the same time. I pick #14 and I select at 9:50 my buddy who is #13 picks at the same time. And if you are #21 and pick at 10 I am guessing they have 5 people pick in one 5 minute window.

I am guessing that it starts at 930. This would follow my idea of 5 people at a time.

That makes sense.

well, so far the section I want hasnt had any green dots go away.....

They allowed anywhere from 1-4 people to select their tickets per 5 minute increment during the season ticket renewal process. The number increased as they moved down the list of Gopher Points. Allowing 5 at a time now wouldn't surprise me in the least.

They are starting to go...

...I'm looking at pink/purple (whatever that color is) seats in section 217.

Great to see. Sell it out!!

Go Gophers!

Just curious, but for anyone who can view the process, which sections have seats left?

Thanks in advance for your help. Go Gophs!!

I don't pick until Wednesday afternoon, hopefully there are some ok seats left! these are going to go fast!

ok...just picked my seats. So I will divulge what else is available in lower level ( I am in 147, I didnt want anybody taking my spots!)

there are about 30 left in 147, 26 spots in 148, 29 in 151, 10 left in 152, and over 300 avail in Sect 101. There are also quite a few available in 103 (37 total).

I wonder why there is so many lower levels available after 80 tickets should've been taken by now, I only say about 8 taken in the lower level sections behind the East Endzone.

Great info Hating. I thought those east end zones would go fast as well. Easy in and out, near the plaza, close to the action.

Anyway, does that mean all the $500 donation seats are now gone on the visitor side?

Can't wait for the word to come down - "TCF is sold out for 2009 season!!!!!"

no...there are still many of the $500 donation seats available on the visitor's side (sorry I didnt include....my group had no interest in paying the extra $500 for seats).

Looks to be about 30 left in Sect 210 (only in rows 16&17), and probably 50 available in 211 (Rows 15, 16 and 17).

After I picked, I noticed there were barely many seats being picked at all. I thought in the half hour I had before I picked, they would all be gobbled up....but I can barely see a large number that have been taken. Do you think people on the waitlist are backing out? Or forgetting to pick?

Whatever the reason, this could be good news for people further back on the waitlist...as there are way over 400 Lower Level tickets still available.

I selected seats in 101 row 22 on the aisle. Great easy in and out access. Close to the action. Still can see both score boards. I cannot understand why there are so many seats left in 101. It is a great field angle. I have a feeling it is because people want to see the big scoreboard, but you can still see it from there. Just not the greatest angle.

The pace is picking up.

I just saw 8 seats go in 247. And 4 others on the far opposite side.

I too can't wait to see it be sold out either!!

GM

I wonder why so many upper levels are going, and not the lowers? I know the lowers arent in prime locations, but neither are the uppers.

I agree with you ilovethebarn, I dont know why that section is wide open. Maybe because some of it might be hidden from the scoreboard...but that's about it.

I wonder why so many upper levels are going, and not the lowers? I know the lowers arent in prime locations, but neither are the uppers.

I agree with you ilovethebarn, I dont know why that section is wide open. Maybe because some of it might be hidden from the scoreboard...but that's about it.

Probably for viewing angle...as someone who sat LL corner in the Dome I can attest to the fact that not seeing the other endzone well could get annoying.

Hey all, my friend and I picked 8 seats (row 19 & 20) in Sec. 231 early in the afternoon today. We really struggled with the decision between this section and Sec. 203 rows 4 & 5; in fact we originally punched in those seats and at the last minute changed to Sec. 231. Here are the pros and cons we faced:

Sec. 231 = Pros: great view of the scoreboard, Mpls. skyline view (I think), can see the whole field, far away from dirty Badger fans. Cons: pretty high up and away from the action, may be always in the shade, close to the student section which can be good and bad depending if they are overly drunk.

Sec. 203 = Pros: pretty close to the action, sun. Cons: not only close to dirty Badger fans, but they will be going up and down the aisle right next to those seats, not a good view of the big scoreboard.

Sec. 101 was also something we looked at, but I don't like being too low, because you lose perspective of play when action is at the opposite end. But I understand the attraction. When the action is at your end, it is awesome to hear the knocking of the pads.

Any other Sec. 231 folks out there?

We are 3 rows behind you. Sec. 231, row 22.......we considered all of what you outlined, except being by the student section is what we were going for, not trying to stay away from. I think being close the opposing fans is what deterred us from those other spots. Guess we'll just have to bring our binoculars.

Other GHers in Section 231 (including yours truly) are:

Row 4 - SlipperySlope
Row 5 - parkinglotgopher
Row 5 - Sour1729
Row 5 - koreangopher
Row 7 - 16FeetUnder
Row 9 - alltimetwinsfan
Row 9 - goldygoon
Row 9 - GopherRock
Row 9 - ulfr
Row 10 - Gold Vision
Row ?? - Goldmember

Add me to the list of the Section 231 crowd. Row 16. I agree with you Uptown, being close to the students was something I was looking for. Should make for a good atmosphere. And it beats sitting in the same section as a few hundred opposing fans.

231 Rows 24 & 25

Just picked. We're fairly close to the top - What's gonna be up there? A concourse? Restrooms? Handicap seating?

Add me to the list of the Section 231 crowd. Row 16. I agree with you Uptown, being close to the students was something I was looking for. Should make for a good atmosphere. And it beats sitting in the same section as a few hundred opposing fans.

For sure, I have sincere hopes that our section will blend in nicely with the student section, in terms of cheering, loudness, high-fiving strangers after big plays, being loud on 3rd Downs, hopefully standing up, (cuz I really dont want to sit the whole time on aluminum, get a backache, and imprinted lines on your butt). Let's have all of the good things of the student section, minus the puking on each other. Not that we wont be partying, but lets be responsible.

Other GHers in Section 231 (including yours truly) are:

Row 4 - SlipperySlope
Row 5 - parkinglotgopher
Row 5 - Sour1729
Row 5 - koreangopher
Row 7 - 16FeetUnder
Row 9 - alltimetwinsfan
Row 9 - goldygoon
Row 9 - GopherRock
Row 9 - ulfr
Row 10 - Gold Vision
Row ?? - Goldmember

+ Donovan
+EaganGopher
+UptownMaroon&Gold
+ M&G

What do you think, should we make Section 231 T-shirts? ......kidding

For sure, I have sincere hopes that our section will blend in nicely with the student section, in terms of cheering, loudness, high-fiving strangers after big plays, being loud on 3rd Downs, hopefully standing up, (cuz I really dont want to sit the whole time on aluminum, get a backache, and imprinted lines on your butt). Let's have all of the good things of the student section, minus the puking on each other. Not that we wont be partying, but lets be responsible.

I'll speak for the row 5-ers of us and say that unless there are some ridiculously curmudgeon-y people right behind us, we will be standing a decent chunk of the time.

If you are directly behind us and visit this board, please air your grievances now.

231 was tempting, but locked it up with 245. There were two lingering in 103 up around the 20th row that would get sun. But the depth perception issue from the corner finally swayed me to 245. 231 does have a huge crew, but there seems like a good representation in 245/246 as well. What should we expect up in the athletic reserved section? Families of players and insiders? Moderately special guests of the day?

And with our faux-summer here it's tempting to say skip it and just roll this weather right into September!

I'll speak for the row 5-ers of us and say that unless there are some ridiculously curmudgeon-y people right behind us, we will be standing a decent chunk of the time.

This is good to hear. Can we keep this going up to Row 22....

Top Bottom