Visit with Bryant grad transfer G Charles Pride

This is an interesting player- had a real nice game against Syracuse, went off for 28 against Florida Atlantic and scored 23 against Cincinnati so he has played at a high level and he has good size at 6-4.

He has a skill set that the Gophers can certainly use and at the same time this young man is simply moving up in his competition level. Absolutely, this would be a nice addition.

This would be a fantastic signing.

The guy stuffs the stat sheet and is a decent shooter. If our backcourt is a rotation of Mitchell, Pride, Carrington, Christie, and hopefully 1 more grad transfer guard - it'll be a massive step up for the team next year.

(He also kind of looks like PatBev)

He has a skill set that the Gophers can certainly use and at the same time this young man is simply moving up in his competition level. Absolutely, this would be a nice addition.
Honestly, looking at his stats, he is the kind of guy that would get run on most teams. He has decent size and does everything, at least, decent.

This would be a fantastic signing.

The guy stuffs the stat sheet and is a decent shooter. If our backcourt is a rotation of Mitchell, Pride, Carrington, Christie, and hopefully 1 more grad transfer guard - it'll be a massive step up for the team next year.

(He also kind of looks like PatBev)
Add in the Defensive player of the year award and you’ve got me a favorite.

Add in the Defensive player of the year award and you’ve got me a favorite.
He stuffs the stat sheets, shoots 37% from 3 last year, has great rebounding numbers, and had 22 points at Rutgers as a freshman. (I know, Samuels had a few big scoring games as well). I'd take him, and so far I think we're 2 for 2 on visits and commitments? (Mitchell and Wilson).

But if he does commit, I think our biggest need would be a penetrating guard who can kick out to shooters and who can get to the foul line a bit. That would be a better balanced backcourt and put this team in much better shape.

He stuffs the stat sheets, shoots 37% from 3 last year, has great rebounding numbers, and had 22 points at Rutgers as a freshman. (I know, Samuels had a few big scoring games as well). I'd take him, and so far I think we're 2 for 2 on visits and commitments? (Mitchell and Wilson).

But if he does commit, I think our biggest need would be a penetrating guard who can kick out to shooters and who can get to the foul line a bit. That would be a better balanced backcourt and put this team in much better shape.
Bairstow seems like a decent complement. That would then make 2 super seniors.

Havent seen wrightsell with quite that ability (at least in highlights). He does give us 2 years.

I'd like someone with speed. I don't know who has it on our target list of transfers but it seems like we score very few points in transition and our whole offense is half court stuff. I'd like to see one player who can keep lazy passers honest, steal a pass or two for a fastbreak every game.

I'd like someone with speed. I don't know who has it on our target list of transfers but it seems like we score very few points in transition and our whole offense is half court stuff. I'd like to see one player who can keep lazy passers honest, steal a pass or two for a fastbreak every game.
Melvin Newbern type

Just missed having Charlie Pride and Charlie Daniels on the same team. Those are All Barn Yard type names.
Like I said in the other thread, we need to be looking for a Charley Crockett, and we need to be looking RIGHT NOW.

Never heard of a visit that didn’t go well. Kind of like surgery was successful Hopefully we can sign Pride and another guard and it’ll be nice to be a little optimistic for a change.

I believe there was feedback from people within the program that the mutual vibes were good between Pride and the players and staff. 🤞

Top Bottom