Virginia Tech and Estime?

This doesn't sound too promising. Guess we'll have to just wait it out.

Not much point in even recruiting at that school if he pushes his kids to Tech that hard.

I don't like this quote from his high school coach:

“If they offer those two kids, they will sign with Virginia Tech. It’s a done deal. So hopefully everything goes well this weekend and I can wear my Hokies hat on signing day. It will be a good day to be a Hokie.”

I hope Estime does what's best for him and not what's best for his coach. If he really feels like VT is best for him so be it, I just hope he doesn't switch because his coach is pressuring him to switch.

I'm over this kid. I really don't even want him to play for the gophers anymore to be honest with you. Peace out dawg.

I don't like this quote from his high school coach:

“If they offer those two kids, they will sign with Virginia Tech. It’s a done deal. So hopefully everything goes well this weekend and I can wear my Hokies hat on signing day. It will be a good day to be a Hokie.”

I hope Estime does what's best for him and not what's best for his coach. If he really feels like VT is best for him so be it, I just hope he doesn't switch because his coach is pressuring him to switch.

Yeah, I wonder where this coach will be if it doesn't work out for Estime at VaTech.

I realize I am living in a dream world with the following statement, but I wish all coaches would set aside their personal preferences and simply try to match their player with the program that will best meet their future needs as a student and an athlete. I realize that a vast majority of coaches do that, but this guy with his VaTech "cap" statement shows there are some out there who seem to make it as much about themselves as the student/athlete.

....and the only school we want MN high school football coaches to push their top players to is the Gophers...hmmmm

I can't get too up in arms about this. If I were a HS football coach, I'd encourage kids to come to Minnesota all the time.

I don't mind coaches steering a kid to this school or that as long as they're not doing it for their own benefit.

2yoxx84.png

So obviously facebook doesnt care about all the reports sent about panthertwats page. This sh!t is not cool, and the person comparing our recruiting classes is just dumb too. So so sad this pathetic boy has nothin better to do than stalk our recruits. How many other schools have to put up with stuff like this?

So obviously facebook doesnt care about all the reports sent about panthertwats page. This sh!t is not cool, and the person comparing our recruiting classes is just dumb too. So so sad this pathetic boy has nothin better to do than stalk our recruits. How many other schools have to put up with stuff like this?

Absolutely trash. I'm going to file a report every day.

Two things:

1. Notice how quickly he manages to respond to posts on a high schooler's wall.

2. The scariest thing is that he follows the Gophers more closely than at least half of Gopherholers, and probably 98% of all Gopher fans. Yikes.

The U or its fans need to legal action against Mr. Lewis

Normally I agree with the advice to simply ignore this jerk but, as we learned with Jared Loughner, sometimes ignoring the pathetic losers of the world can be tragic. Mr. Lewis has the First Amendment right to express his opinions BUT his stalking of Gopher recruits and attempting to damage the University through false statements may be actionable legally. When people spread false stories about particular businesses in an attempt to damage those businesses they can be sued for money damages. There might be grounds to seek a restraining order against Mr. Lewis and the use of the internet to intentionally damage the University may be criminal. This creep has gone far beyond normal banter of fans of rival teams claiming that their team is better.

I say we find Panther Hawks house and tire iron his car windows and paint a big Gold M on the hood. Send him a message.

/watched way too much Sopranos lately

If your going to fantasize about dealing with Panterhawk Vlad Tepes had some interesting ideas.

I say we find Panther Hawks house and tire iron his car windows and paint a big Gold M on the hood. Send him a message.

/watched way too much Sopranos lately

I remember a few years ago he was going nuts on the KFAN board and talking about beating people up tailgaiting before the Iowa game and a few of the KFAN posters showed up to where he was talking about and obviously there was no Panther Hawk to be found.

Come to think of it, I actually think the poster was a fellow Iowa poster who he was talking smack to and it wasn't even a Gopher game.

....and the only school we want MN high school football coaches to push their top players to is the Gophers...hmmmm

I don't want that to necessarily happen. I want Kill to re-build the relationship with high school coaches that seemed to break asunder under Mason's watch and got little, if any, better under Brewster not to make certain that every promising high school player from Minnesota ends up playing for the Gophers. I want Kill to re-build the relationship so that promising high school players at least view the Gophers as a viable option and a school that is interested in them playing for "the hometown team."

The recruiting process should always be about what is best for the student/athlete both academically and athletically.

It's one thing to recommend and advocate a school and another thing to push. I believe that Estime's coach crossed the line, if I was with the school district, I would worry about the difference. I can forsee a time when a kid has a bad experience and looks to get revenge by suing the Coach and school distict.

To me the line is talking to the media/public about it. It's fine to recommend a school to your player, because he obviously has his players best interest at heart. It comes off as pretty gauche to publicize that you want your players to go to a particular school because of your opinion of it.

Hopefully Estime makes the decision about what's right for him.

Normally I agree with the advice to simply ignore this jerk but, as we learned with Jared Loughner, sometimes ignoring the pathetic losers of the world can be tragic. Mr. Lewis has the First Amendment right to express his opinions BUT his stalking of Gopher recruits and attempting to damage the University through false statements may be actionable legally. When people spread false stories about particular businesses in an attempt to damage those businesses they can be sued for money damages. There might be grounds to seek a restraining order against Mr. Lewis and the use of the internet to intentionally damage the University may be criminal. This creep has gone far beyond normal banter of fans of rival teams claiming that their team is better.

Goofers71, I agree with you on your comments above. I would add Bullying to the Stalking description. It appears that this individual, whomever he is, has finally crossed the line and must be dealt with. I would strongly suggest that examples of these posts be forwarded to U of M Legal Staff, the NCAA, and the Attorneys General offices of Minnesota, and Iowa, and perhaps the Hennepin County Sheriff's office. This stuff isn't going away and is only going to end badly at some point in the future. I would hope the U of M athletic Department is already pursuing some type action against PantherHawk. We're not looking at strictly civil action here, but possibly criminal as well.

Panther Hawk still at it. Here's his latest:

Panther Hawk

How is the big VT visit going, buddy?! A lot warmer then you know where?!

3 hours ago · LikeUnlike · Comment

What a sad, pathetic, little man.

Panther Hawk still at it. Here's his latest:

Panther Hawk

How is the big VT visit going, buddy?! A lot warmer then you know where?!

3 hours ago · LikeUnlike · Comment

What a sad, pathetic, little man.

What he doesn't seem to understand, the Gopher won 6 National Championships in the cold. Smart recruits don't base their whole decision on if a school is located in the cold.

Hmmmm. Looks like a little mental illness going on there with that Panther person. I'd classify that as highly whacked-out and even slightly disturbing behavior.

That's too bad about Estime. Things do not sound too hopeful right now as per that article, but that's recruiting for ya I guess. Ya win some, ya lose some. As others have said, I hope the guy just does what he feels is right for him, as opposed to what might feel right for his high school coach. And if he chooses VT, oh well. Life goes on, the Gophers will go on, and Coach Kill will find other young players who *would* like the opportunity to be here and participate in this program and what he's trying to build here.

Hmmmm. Looks like a little mental illness going on there with that Panther person. I'd classify that as highly whacked-out and even slightly disturbing behavior.

That's too bad about Estime. Things do not sound too hopeful right now as per that article, but that's recruiting for ya I guess. Ya win some, ya lose some. As others have said, I hope the guy just does what he feels is right for him, as opposed to what might feel right for his high school coach. And if he chooses VT, oh well. Life goes on, the Gophers will go on, and Coach Kill will find other young players who *would* like the opportunity to be here and participate in this program and what he's trying to build here.

I love it how people rip into him but his ocd doesn't allow for it to phase him

Top Bottom