Vikings game

They swept the AFC east, which has the 1, 6, and tied for 7 x2 playoff spots currently. Washington is the 6 seed currently. They've already been hanging in and beating playoff teams.

People doubt them because of all the close games...I'm gonna call it battle tested lol
Yes, they have beaten the Dolphins, Jets, Patriots and Commanders, all of whom are playoff contenders but none of these teams have been especially impressive. If the goal is parity, the NFL is succeeding.

Yes, they have beaten the Dolphins, Jets, Patriots and Commanders, all of whom are playoff contenders but none of these teams have been especially impressive. If the goal is parity, the NFL is succeeding.
They also beat the Bills on the road, and they are one of the top Super Bowl contenders.

They also beat the Bills on the road, and they are one of the top Super Bowl contenders.
They will not win 2 playoff games. Probably not even one. Last time they won 2 playoff games was 1989. They were torched by the 2 best teams in the nfc currently. That’s a horrible colts team and yep what a comeback but if they are going to go anywhere they should be crushing teams like that. I’m not a believer at all.

They will not win 2 playoff games. Probably not even one. Last time they won 2 playoff games was 1989. They were torched by the 2 best teams in the nfc currently. That’s a horrible colts team and yep what a comeback but if they are going to go anywhere they should be crushing teams like that. I’m not a believer at all.
Nobody cares

But who is this juggernaut team in the league you can count on to beat them? 3rd string QB in SF, Philly barely beat the Bears yesterday and plays down to competition, Dallas lost to Jax. And all of them bar Philly have worse records than MN. I wouldn't bet on anybody including the Vikes at this point, but also say why not them?

I think we have the worst D in NFL according to some stats. It will be hard to sustain our success.
5th worst in terms of points given up. Worst in terms of total yards. Rush yards per game is lower-middle of the league. 2nd worst in pass yards per game. They are 8th best in the league at takeaways though.

I think we have the worst D in NFL according to some stats. It will be hard to sustain our success.
We are 14 games in....think we are past the sustaining point.

I don't think the Vikings are going to win it all this year. But I also wouldn't want to see my team go up against them in the playoffs if I rooted for a different squad.

I don't think the Vikings are going to win it all this year. But I also wouldn't want to see my team go up against them in the playoffs if I rooted for a different squad.
“Dangerous” for sure.

You're right. "Sustain" was the wrong word. I guess I just meant the defense is very pourous.

They aren’t going anywhere in the playoffs with that defense. Colts averaged 16 points a game before today. No way they turn the D around by playoff time
Just no possible way that the Vikings can beat the Commanders this season!

A guy at my church took his kid to this game. It was the kids first game and part of his Christmas gift. They left at halftime to go to the Mall of America.

Geezez
I'm sure they weren't the only ones but ouch.

I got the sense the defense blitzed more yesterday than I've seen this year. Maybe not (I missed the 3rd quarter). It could have been because there was a statue at quarterback yesterday.
Second half especially. Who knew? Everyone but the defensive coordinator apparently.

Sort of the Purdue of the NFL? Bad comparison?

I haven’t watched every game but seems like a Jekyll and Hyde team with spotty defense.

Irvin plays his role on ESPN well. He's taken on a WWE type character and it works. Even Stephen A. did a Ric Flair mock up this morning.

Regarding Cousins, I think the Vikes going to the air raid/2-minute type offense in the second half helped dampen the pass rush and gassed the Colts D-line. I don't want to get PTSD by finding tape of the Dallas and Philly games, but those teams destroyed Cousins and his spotty O-line with pass rush once the Vikings got behind by multiple touchdowns. I wonder if the Vikes might use this tactic more often against teams that get massive pass rush.

Sort of the Purdue of the NFL? Bad comparison?

I haven’t watched every game but seems like a Jekyll and Hyde team with spotty defense.
Spotty would be an upgrade. Almost zero pressure on the QB, Kendrick’s is the only athletic Linebacker and they routinely play 5-8 yards off the receivers n still get torched. The teams with mobile QB’s, like Philly n Dallas, just shredded them. Lifetime season ticket holder and fan but can’t see them going deep with this team.

Spotty would be an upgrade. Almost zero pressure on the QB, Kendrick’s is the only athletic Linebacker and they routinely play 5-8 yards off the receivers n still get torched. The teams with mobile QB’s, like Philly n Dallas, just shredded them. Lifetime season ticket holder and fan but can’t see them going deep with this team.
Yep....zero confidence in this team to do anything special in the playoffs....and yet....11-3....this season makes no sense. Maybe the years where we have had expectations and gotten our hearts ripped out have been the problem, maybe we need a year like this one where there will be no real expectations for something magical to happen which will in turn allow that magical thing too happen....

I think that makes sense....at least as much sense as the Vikings being 11-3 based on how they have played so far this year.

Top Bottom