Vikings game

Less Viking fans means more Gopher fans. Who can afford to support both?
I'll never understand this 'thinking'. It's not a zero sum game. Both can thrive. I'd argue both being successful favors the Gophers...you get youngsters into NFL/NCAA and hopefully increase youth participation...more football participation...better odds of retaining home grown talent...better Gopher football.

Go Gophs and Vikes! SKI-U-MAH and SKOL VIKINGS

Smoke and mirrors. Don’t get me wrong I want them to win one someday but no way it happens this year
I agree that the Vikings don't feel like a championship caliber team but they are finding ways to win games that they have no business winning. There is no way in hell they should have won that Buffalo game and today was just insane.

So yeah, chances are good they aren't winning it all this year but at this point would you want to bet against them in a close game?

Drilled it.

Great comeback. Thais doesn’t look like a super bowl team but maybe everyone else is worse? Will they lose in spectacular fashion.
THey find ways to win, and to come back. Teams have to notice that.

I agree that the Vikings don't feel like a championship caliber team but they are finding ways to win games that they have no business winning. There is no way in hell they should have won that Buffalo game and today was just insane.

So yeah, chances are good they aren't winning it all this year but at this point would you want to bet against them in a close game?
No, or games that are not close.

Feels like a first round win and second round loss to San Francisco.

But it sure has been must see TV this year.

If you are trying to go with the NFL is rigged theory that some people love to trot out there....there is no way they would have rigged that game to go the way it did....no way.
Sure. The announcers were talking about the largest deficit in the first half. So, you're saying there is no way nfl games are all legit? Yes?

Sure. The announcers were talking about the largest deficit in the first half. So, you're saying there is no way nfl games are all legit? Yes?
I don't buy the idea that the NFL is rigging games because there is no way they could keep it under wraps and the scandal would destroy the league.

Biggest comeback ever (down 33 twice)
Biggest halftime comeback ever (down 33)

Insane.

Until they win one I will always doubt them
Many years ago when Steve Young started his TV career they were predicting the Super Bowl winner and he said “I’ve seen people pick the Vikings a lot, I’m not picking them until I see them win one.”

He hasn’t been wrong about that for a long time now.

Sorry, they weren't. This team's ability to comeback is very special.
A great passing game can help you make up a huge deficit. Down 33-0 at the half, come back to win. This is why you must develop and use your passing game, even if you can beat some teams simply by running the ball 50 times.

I don't buy the idea that the NFL is rigging games because there is no way they could keep it under wraps and the scandal would destroy the league.
Exactly. Someone would have opened their mouths by now

A great passing game can help you make up a huge deficit. Down 33-0 at the half, come back to win. This is why you must develop and use your passing game, even if you can beat some teams simply by running the ball 50 times.
I have a feeling Gophs will have a much better passing game in 2023.

The defensive stops in the first half, limiting Colts to 3 field goals instead of TDs were critical in allowing the 2nd half comeback.

About as much fun as I've ever had watching a football game, that was wild.

Apparently it is permissible to get hosed multiple times by the refs, have them take points off the board, persevere, and overcome instead of just whining about the refs and blaming the loss on them.

Why the Vikings win in tight games is because they have Veteran leadership that knows how to make plays and not give up - Cousins, Hunter, Harris, Smith, Cobb, Theilen, Jefferson, Peterson.

Why they are in so many tight games. They have some real week spots that are obvious (interior OL, Secondary).

It they playmakers, make plays they can be in any game. But if half of them are off, they lose bad.

What concerns me is that really good teams will exploit our weaknesses and will limit at least half of our playmakers. This is what will make the playoffs disastrous, if we don't have some fringe pplayers step up. I think the second half we saw some maturity from some of the players. Really hoping this gets us to start clicking.

Why the Vikings win in tight games is because they have Veteran leadership that knows how to make plays and not give up - Cousins, Hunter, Harris, Smith, Cobb, Theilen, Jefferson, Peterson.

Why they are in so many tight games. They have some real week spots that are obvious (interior OL, Secondary).

It they playmakers, make plays they can be in any game. But if half of them are off, they lose bad.

What concerns me is that really good teams will exploit our weaknesses and will limit at least half of our playmakers. This is what will make the playoffs disastrous, if we don't have some fringe pplayers step up. I think the second half we saw some maturity from some of the players. Really hoping this gets us to start clicking.
Not like Cousins wasn’t also part of the problem at times.

Not sure I buy into him being a veteran explains just his good participation…

I really think a 33 point comeback requires the other team being unbelievably bad / collapse more than anything.

But I agree about the playing good teams results. Really hard to walk a tightrope all season and go to the playoffs and avoid a good team knocking you off.

Last edited:

Top Bottom