Vikings game

Not like Cousins wasn’t also part of the problem at times.

Not sure I buy into him being a veteran explains just his good participation…

I really think a 33 point comeback deserves the other team being unbelievably bad / collapse more than anything.

But I agree about the playing good teams results. Really hard to walk a tightrope all season and go to the playoffs and avoid a good team knocking you off.
The defense was very good the second half.

They aren’t going anywhere in the playoffs with that defense. Colts averaged 16 points a game before today. No way they turn the D around by playoff time
To be fair they weren’t put in good situations either. Only 22 were given up by the defense and the Indy average scoring drive was just 37 yards. 3 FGs given up were on drives of 26, 21 and 0 yards.

Good all game. Gave up 3 field goals on short fields. 14 other points were from a pick 6 and punt block.
Yeah, the 33 points given up in the first half would make you think the D was horrible but the offense and special teams were a big part of what led to the first half deficit. If the D doesn't hold them to field goals there is no shot for a comeback.

This game and the Buffalo game are two of the craziest NFL games I have ever seen.

To be fair they weren’t put in good situations either. Only 22 were given up by the defense and the Indy average scoring drive was just 37 yards. 3 FGs given up were on drives of 26, 21 and 0 yards.
Very true but you have to admit this is not a Super Bowl contending defense. I’d love for them to prove me wrong

It's crazy how this team simply wins.

Usually it's the other way around.

One year I was a Vikings season ticket holder. I received a letter saying I won the lottery and would be eligible to buy two Vikings Super Bowl tickets if the Vikings won the NFC Championship game. The Vikings were favored by 10. A financial windfall for me. Instead, 42-0 loss.

There's just something about a team that somehow wins. It's that rapid sports intelligence that kicks in under pressure with the greats.

So just who are these guys? Can they hang with other playoff teams or are they just a resourceful bunch that can find ways to beat mediocrities. I hate to say it, but I think mainly the latter.

So just who are these guys? Can they hang with other playoff teams or are they just a resourceful bunch that can find ways to beat mediocrities. I hate to say it, but I think mainly the latter.
They swept the AFC east, which has the 1, 6, and tied for 7 x2 playoff spots currently. Washington is the 6 seed currently. They've already been hanging in and beating playoff teams.

People doubt them because of all the close games...I'm gonna call it battle tested lol

I don’t believe you.

I believe you would be happier if they lost in spectacular disappointing fashion so you can bask in the schadenfreude.
And you would be completely wrong. Nice try though. Been bleeding purple for over 50 years son but I’m a realist

The defense was very good the second half.

I got the sense the defense blitzed more yesterday than I've seen this year. Maybe not (I missed the 3rd quarter). It could have been because there was a statue at quarterback yesterday.

Cousins should be on the short list for NFL MVP.

While I would agree with you, the NFL will focus in on Jefferson vs. Cousins. Jefferson will be the first receiver to 2,000 yards and his highlight reel catches will overcome the quarterbacking Cousins has done (statistically he hasn't been great).

While I would agree with you, the NFL will focus in on Jefferson vs. Cousins. Jefferson will be the first receiver to 2,000 yards and his highlight reel catches will overcome the quarterbacking Cousins has done (statistically he hasn't been great).
One difference in Cousins for most of this year is on 3rd down. The standard 3rd and 10 play was a 3 yard pass to a covered receiver and no yards after the catch. I knew every time that play was coming. He broke out of that this year and has made throws with a chance for a first down and has been successful.

10-0 this year. I have to believe that's some sort of record?
correct-sir.gif

Unless this game has flipped a switch on the defense side, I don't see the Vikings getting much run in the playoffs. Like someone else posted, second round at best. It's been a fun season to watch however.

I don't disagree. And neither will win it.

But i believe Cousins should be among the candidates. He's pretty much single handedly won the Vikings about a half dozen games this year with courage and incredible late play.

It's crazy right? This is his worst season at Minnesota (and frankly worst since he became an NFL starter) and yet fans like him more this year than they ever did under Zimmerman.

Dude threw 33 TDs against 7 INTs last year and you would think the dude ran a dog fighting ring with the way people talked about him.

It's crazy right? This is his worst season at Minnesota (and frankly worst since he became an NFL starter) and yet fans like him more this year than they ever did under Zimmerman.

Dude threw 33 TDs against 7 INTs last year and you would think the dude ran a dog fighting ring with the way people talked about him.
Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

No reasonable evaluation of QB play would characterize this.as his "worst season."

TD/int ratio is a shallow measure of what a quarterback is capable of influencing.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

No reasonable evaluation of QB play would characterize this.as his "worst season."

TD/int ratio is a shallow measure of what a quarterback is capable of influencing.
Okay, completion percentage and adot are both lower as well. He is less accurate, throwing at shorter distances, scoring less, and turning the ball over more this year than any prior season in the NFL.

I like Cousins. I was super high on the Vikings bringing him in and have been super high on him since he got here. I just think it's funny that all of these people that have been moaning about his "bad interceptions" and "inconsistent decisions" and "lack of arm strength" are suddenly cool with him even though all of those things are measurably worse this year, because the offense, not his individual performance, is better.

Someone could put together a pretty extensive montage of all the open receievers he has missed this year. Sanchez was pointing them all day yesterday.

Maybe statistically, but he is performing great in the moments when he needs to, not so much last year. I think they were what, 0-8 in one score games last year?

Last edited:

Top Bottom