Video: Marcus Smart shoved a Texas Tech fan

The cameras were not on Mr. Orr when Smart was on the ground. Smart apparently heard an inappropriate comment and turned his attention to Mr Orr.Mr. Orr may have called Smart a piece of crap at that time but who knows what he said initially because there is no documentation. There had to be pretty strong language to evoke such a response.

Bull... Smart was mad, period. He felt guilty and made up a story. Heck, I know I've done so pretty stupid and indefensible things when I was mad too. My response embarrassed me, and I've tried to justify them, after the fact, we all do. This is Smart's problem, he needs to deal with his anger. Smart, needs to get mentally tougher. He needs to learn how to control his emotions, it'll make him a complete basketball player.

Although the ticket calls for appropriate conduct and allows for punishment, the fan shouldn't be punished. Fans and there berating are part of the game. Players need to learn to deal, it's part of every sport. Deal with your emotions, use them to make a better performer or go home.

And all those who think this is a new trend need look to the history of sports. This incident is nothing relative to what occurred in the past. Heck, look at MN sports a ref was knocked out for a blown call at Vikes game in '72. A Twins game was stopped in the early 00s because fans were assaulting Chuck Knoblauch with batteries.

Just so we are clear, how low will he have to be drafted in order for his event to have 'hurt' him? Last year he was viewed as a unanimous top 5 pick and likely top 3 pick; however, that was a really weak draft. Would he have to be selected outside of the top 10 in order for this event to validate his stock dropping?

Shows extreme immaturity. Failure to deal with ones emotions is a clear sign that he will be inconsistent (emotional control being the key to consistency). Should drop him at least out of top 5; assuming that is where he would have been selected.

Shows extreme immaturity. Failure to deal with ones emotions is a clear sign that he will be inconsistent (emotional control being the key to consistency). Should drop him at least out of top 5; assuming that is where he would have been selected.
Not sure Smart would have been in the top 5 with Parker/Wiggins/Randle/Exum/Embiid/Gordon/Vonleh all presumably being in the draft.

Not sure Smart would have been in the top 5 with Parker/Wiggins/Randle/Exum/Embiid/Gordon/Vonleh all presumably being in the draft.

I think your right on top 5. My point being it definitely detracts from his potential. Most athletes have the emotions, at least in check by the time they reach that high a level of play. The great ones use them to their advantage.

Top Bottom