Video: Dick Jonckowski's Final Sign-Off at The Barn after 31 amazing years!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Polish Eagle!!

Awesome that the Gophers put on a great show this year!

What a great and personable guy. A couple of years ago I stopped him in the lobby before a game and asked him how his cancer was. He thanked me and we had a nice short conversation. Had time for everyone.

He wasn't kidding about the banquet speaker comment. The man is flat-out hilarious. My Dad was an area high school coach for years and the Polish Eagle MC'd his retirement party. Love that man. The Barn will not be the same!

Here's another one:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reusse says his retirement was not voluntary. Anyone know any more?

Reusse says his retirement was not voluntary. Anyone know any more?

i was just logging in to ask the same question. Pat kind of glossed over it on the radio Saturday morning and i couldn't pay full attention for that segment so i didn't catch all of it. I have talked to Dick a couple of times since the announcement and he hasn't said anything, but he is a little too classy to bring it up too.
am1500 Saturday sports talk must be on podcast if someone has time to find that segment-- i don't today, i am on the way to Madison

i was just logging in to ask the same question. Pat kind of glossed over it on the radio Saturday morning and i couldn't pay full attention for that segment so i didn't catch all of it. I have talked to Dick a couple of times since the announcement and he hasn't said anything, but he is a little too classy to bring it up too.
am1500 Saturday sports talk must be on podcast if someone has time to find that segment-- i don't today, i am on the way to Madison

Patrick when asked ..guessed it might be Coyle.

Patrick also listed his all time Gopher line-up.

C M Thompson
F Lou Hudson
R Willie Burton
G Bobby Jqckson
G Ray Williams

I can see where it might not be voluntary.

He's clearly been losing his voice during games. That, plus they are essentially paying for two PA announcers for the last few years because the other dude half the talking.

I can see where it might not be voluntary.

He's clearly been losing his voice during games. That, plus they are essentially paying for two PA announcers for the last few years because the other dude half the talking.

This. Listen, I'm in my late 29 so I probably didn't catch him in his prime nor do I quite get his aura but I swear he's had about 3-4 voice cracks per game since I was a kid. To be honest, I remember wondering why he was able to have that job most of my youth with how painful it is to listen to him.

Top Bottom