Very, very confident they are in

Doogie

Reaction score
Hope I have some credibility on this board ... the 5 wins vs. RPI top-30 puts them in.

Yes, most of us sure think we are in. As does just about every analyst.

I was pretty confident heading into today, regardless of how we played against Ohio State. Now that we know, it's obvious the Big Ten will have five. Now, we're just waiting on Illinois.

Hope I have some credibility on this board

No. You do not.

You and all of your buddies at KFAN can kiss the Gopher's ass as far as I'm concerned.

Go find a differerent team to hitch your bandwagon to.

Doogie...I'm looking forward to your article on how Devoe and Colton have really developed under Tubby!!

Go Gophers!!

Settle down

After the crap they spewed when things got tough for the Gophers? I think they should have had their media access revoked.

They owe the players and coaches an apology.

Doogie, didn't you already say if the Gophers won out and lost in the championship game they would not make it in?

Doogie can get bent he is a clown ripping on the gophers all year. When most of us could see this team had talent blowing all these leads.

No. You do not.

You and all of your buddies at KFAN can kiss the Gopher's ass as far as I'm concerned.

Go find a differerent team to hitch your bandwagon to.

Reserve: You talk a big game being able to hide behind your moniker ... virtual muscles ... I would've loved to hear what you were saying following the loss in Michigan ... they played their way in with wins over MSU & Pur., and rightfully so ... 5 wins vs. RPI top-30 could not keep them out.

Doogie can get bent he is a clown ripping on the gophers all year. When most of us could see this team had talent blowing all these leads.

Another who loves to hide behind his moniker ... at least sign your real name.

Doogie, didn't you already say if the Gophers won out and lost in the championship game they would not make it in?

Getting into semantics a little, think I used the word "tiny" when talking about their chances ... and quite frankly without the win Sat., they might not have gotten in ... they were the 3rd-to-last team in (UTEP & Utah St. the final 2) ... Certainly did not see the back-to-back wins over MSU & Pur. coming, and definitely didn't see Iverson and to a degree, Joseph, playing like this ... but really, who did? It has been a very please surprise. May have to go back and find all the posts following the blowout loss to Xavier (sorry typo, meant Mich. as referenced above) ... believe most on here shared in my thoughts.

May have to go back and find all the posts following the blowout loss to Xavier ... believe most on here shared in my thoughts.

What blowout loss to Xavier are you referring to, doogie? The one you are predicting. Sort of playing into everybody's belief here that you are a d-bag, no?

Some posts from Reserve: I was wondering when Tubby would finally come to his senses!
If Tubby gets the Gophers in the NCAA tournament I think he should be in the conversation for Coach of the Year. Sounds like you had a lot of confidence.
A few of your other posts (could only tolerate a page-worth), you just enjoy calling others names with no basis ... enough time wasted on you.

What blowout loss to Xavier are you referring to, doogie? The one you are predicting. Sort of playing into everybody's belief here that you are a d-bag, no?

Handsome Pete ... is your made-up moniker an oxymoron? Was a typo.

Doogie...

Why would you even post on here? And why would you "hope" you have credibility? Unless your not the real Doogie that we hear on KSTP sports talk radio every once in a while.

If you are the sports talk guy you have total credibility don't you?

I was pretty sure the Gophers were going to get snubbed but I was wrong. My credibility is shot.
But then I'm not on sports talk radio.

I honestly don't get why people are always ripping on Doogie. He's actually pretty respectful for the most part when it comes to sharing his opinions. I can understand the frustration with KFAN due to their absence of rudimentary facts when passing judgments on the Gophers (amongst others), but with Doogie, sometimes it leaves me scratching my head.

Has he had a contrary opinion or two? Sure, but so have we all. At least Doogie explains his reasoning. Having said that, I'm always amused by the "you're hiding behind your moniker/alias" line folks come out with when discussing dissenting viewpoints. What does that prove? All it proves is that people don't want to be opened up to the possibility of being harrassed by the countless nutjobs out there.

Are there people that hide behind their monikers? You bet. But there are also folks who want to maintain their anonymity simply to keep some kind of pyscho away.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Back to hoops. Looking forward to the Xavier matchup. Regardless of how we played today, I'm pretty happy with where the guys are at in terms of their mental approach and their level of play at the moment. One thing is for sure: They picked a great time to play their best ball of the year. :D

Doogie-"you just enjoy calling others names with no basis"

That's essentially what my problem with most of your articles/blog posts boils down to.

Oh give me a break. Like you have any accountability Doogie? Just because we know who you are? Puhleasse.

Why don't you write your next blog with a correction of everything you were wrong about before you question if you have any credibility on " this board ".

Has he had a contrary opinion or two? Sure, but so have we all. At least Doogie explains his reasoning.

The problem is there is no common thread behind his "reasoning", and sometimes it is contradictory. To me, it seems like he picks an opinion and just regurgitates the popular sayings of those he wants to agree with. I don't know if he hates the Gophers, or wants to write up stuff that he thinks readers want to read, or that will generate discussion, all I know is that his public opinions are based on something besides straight reasoning. Maybe a lot of sports writers/radio guys are like that, but that's what rubs me the wrong way.

Doogie, I for one appreciate your views most of the time. There are some here who are absolutely convinced that 'the media' always has it in for the Gophers, even though no one can define who exactly 'the media' consists of.

That said, your Strib posts about Gopher basketball this year were generally negative (some rightfully so). So for you to come here with this post today, given your relative lack of posts lately, probably rubbed some people the wrong way. Intended or not, it smacked of band-wagon jumping.

My name is Bob Johnson and I think Doogie is a major POS.

The problem is there is no common thread behind his "reasoning", and sometimes it is contradictory. To me, it seems like he picks an opinion and just regurgitates the popular sayings of those he wants to agree with. I don't know if he hates the Gophers, or wants to write up stuff that he thinks readers want to read, or that will generate discussion, all I know is that his public opinions are based on something besides straight reasoning. Maybe a lot of sports writers/radio guys are like that, but that's what rubs me the wrong way.

Fair enough. I was just trying to figure it out a bit because it's always seemed a little odd imo. To put it another way, when I think of annoying media types in the Twin Cities, Doogie isn't one of my choices.

I like Doogie's takes too. Everyone is entitled to give their thoughts, and he does that.

So for you to come here with this post today, given your relative lack of posts lately, probably rubbed some people the wrong way. Intended or not, it smacked of band-wagon jumping.

Not to pile on ol' Doogie here, because this thread is funny as hell to me, but I'm sorry, like his opinion carries some kind of weight? This is the guy that a few weeks ago said the Gophers wouldn't get in to the NCAA even if they WON the Big Ten tournament.

After his " welcome to the NIT article " which was pathetic, he really lost me after he tweeted-

If Tubby leaves, I wouldn't be sad. I like him, but he doesn't know how to run an off.

Band wagon jumping? Doogie? and a lot of other media?

You bet.

Top Bottom