Vanderbilt transfer DT Lorenza Surgers commits

While I wanted help for our OL/DL from the portal, Iam not sure he will be much help. They finished the season with only 2 wins and gave up 62 to Georgia. Didn’t take the time to look up their defensive team stats, but I am sure they were in the bottom 50. And he wasn’t starter, on a very poor team. Not sure he is worth a scholarship. Only positive I could see was the fact that the entire coaching staff was new.

While I wanted help for our OL/DL from the portal, Iam not sure he will be much help. They finished the season with only 2 wins and gave up 62 to Georgia. Didn’t take the time to look up their defensive team stats, but I am sure they were in the bottom 50. And he wasn’t starter, on a very poor team. Not sure he is worth a scholarship. Only positive I could see was the fact that the entire coaching staff was new.
With all due respect - St. Juste, Williamson, Gibbens, MDT, Pinckney

Probably worth giving the staff the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are looking for in the portal. They have done a great job identifying players that can help us, especially on defense.

I think he was being silly.

Academic rankings rankings, there's context. If you take a larger swatch of students / have a wider range of academics, things will start to level out... just naturally.
That is the penalty for a multi-discipline land grant institution serving about 50K diverse students and researchers with about 30K undergraduate enrollment.

Sounds like they went from running a 3-4 defense to more of a 4-2-5. It is an interesting add, curious if the coaching staff had some kind of connection. I think they want him to try to replace Otomewo. Surgers reminds me of Esezi as far as size. If you look at Esezi's stats they aren't that different. I wonder if they see Joyner more in the Mafe role, which Rush would also be (if he comes back). That leaves little experience on the other end. I think Logan Redding and Keys could fill that role too, but are inexeperienced. Joyner, Striggow, and Booker aren't as bulky. He'll almost certainly play a lot as will Jefferies, at least to begin the season.

Anybody wanna retract their attacks on me for this?

Anyone?

Bueller?
Not sure what you are talking about. Most people said the kid was brought in to provide depth. He did that. Nobody said he was going to be a star. I also don't see much attacking here. So no... nobody wants to retract anything.

Not sure what you are talking about. Most people said the kid was brought in to provide depth. He did that. Nobody said he was going to be a star. I also don't see much attacking here. So no... nobody wants to retract anything.
"Awesome!"

"Sweet"

"Getting Otomewo vibes!"

"Will start over Joiner and JLR!"

"Instant starter"

Anybody wanna retract their attacks on me for this?

Anyone?

Bueller?
You offered no other solutions as to who they should’ve signed instead. He played the role of depth piece at a position that stayed healthy for the most part throughout the year. The scholarship was no more a waste than Austin Booker taking up multiple years and transferring.

"Awesome!"

"Sweet"

"Getting Otomewo vibes!"

"Will start over Joiner and JLR!"

"Instant starter"
Actual comments were...

"Awesome."

"Sweet."

"Getting Otomewo vibes."

"Probably will start over Joiner and JLR"

Nobody said "instant starter" (at least that I could find).

If that level of excitement is what you call "predicting stardom" then I am not sure what to say.

Top Bottom