UVA Tony Bennett to announce his immediate retirement in a press conference on Friday at 11 a.m.

GopherLady

Reaction score
Wow. I'm shocked and sad to lose a class act like this in the college game.

Rohde come on down! Obviously won't happen but I wouldn't be upset!

Wow. I hope it's just the sudden onset of burnout and nothing health related.

Wow. I hope it's just the sudden onset of burnout and nothing health related.
He strikes me as a guy who would not connect well with the new world order of college basketball. I’m not aware of any health history but I don’t pay close enough attention to know.

He will take over for Greg Gard after a year away.

He will take over for Greg Gard after a year away.
Why take over at his place his dad coached, when he could come next door and build something up in upper Midwest that can be better than what his dad did.

Pretty crazy to be so unhappy with the state of college athletics that you walk away from $25 million dollars...or some such number left on his contract.
I read where he sounded very envious of Jay Wright walking away from Villanova. Gotta be pretty unhappy if you like coaching and are good at it ... to just say....see ya.

Interesting
It should be noted that with Bennett resigning, the transfer portal automatically opens for the next 30 days for Virginia players who may not want to stay, although with the semester having already started, it may hinder some from transferring to another program, at least until the end of the semester, should they consider leaving.

Interesting
It should be noted that with Bennett resigning, the transfer portal automatically opens for the next 30 days for Virginia players who may not want to stay, although with the semester having already started, it may hinder some from transferring to another program, at least until the end of the semester, should they consider leaving.
Andrew Rohde back to St. Thomas in 2025-26 is my prediction.

Pretty crazy to be so unhappy with the state of college athletics that you walk away from $25 million dollars...or some such number left on his contract.
I read where he sounded very envious of Jay Wright walking away from Villanova. Gotta be pretty unhappy if you like coaching and are good at it ... to just say....see ya.
If it’s not health related or he just wants out, good for him. I assume he is set financially.

My older brother retired from the USPO at the ripe age of 54 with full retirement Bennie’s. He’s now 88 and has had 34 years to enjoy retirement. I was always envious of him yet very happy for him. Wish the same for Bennett

Top Bottom