UST got the 9th largest donation in the history of an NCAA school today!

It's mud.

It's constantly spinning everything about the Gophers negative. Even spinning our highest rated recruit ever negative. Slinging mud at everything.
His offensive game is raw, not polished. Not mud, facts. He is a defensive anchor. Hopefully he will develop an offensive game, but to argue his offensive game is not raw is just elementary.

His offensive game is raw, not polished. Not mud, facts. He is a defensive anchor. Hopefully he will develop an offensive game, but to argue his offensive game is not raw is just elementary.
You conveniently left out the part where you said it's "shocking" that he's rated so highly.

I'm supposed to believe that all your Gopher-fan non-biased opinions on everything just happen to be negative.

Pat does have a point in a roundabout way.

would you rather have a partially-full arena that seats 10,000 to 12,000 -
or would you rather have a 6,000 to 8,000 seat area that is packed?

the smaller arena - if all seats are filled - will probably look better and sound better on TV.

I have been in Williams when it was packed, and it was fun. but watching a game where 1/3 of the seats or more are empty is not a good look for the program.

if the Gophers do remodel Williams, I would seriously look at reducing the capacity. one way to build demand for tickets is to create scarcity - even if it is manufactured scarcity.

the smaller arena - if all seats are filled - will probably look better and sound better on TV.

I have been in Williams when it was packed, and it was fun. but watching a game where 1/3 of the seats or more are empty is not a good look for the program.

if the Gophers do remodel Williams, I would seriously look at reducing the capacity. one way to build demand for tickets is to create scarcity - even if it is manufactured scarcity.
There has never been 10,000 quality seats in Williams Arena to begin with.

Well I'd rather not be an ornery Norwegian troll.

Good local media spin on this
View attachment 23209
I don't disagree that they could be an attractive team for the Big East, eventually.

:devilish::

Why then hasn't the Big East added St Louis University? Strong Catholic market, solid facilities (10k arena in bball https://slubillikens.com/facilities ), decent sized Catholic school (13k students, $1.5B endowment more than double UST), they have had some decent seasons in the recent history. Would be a solid bridge between Omaha and the rest of the midwestern schools in the league.

What might make much more sense in the near-ish term is for UST to target the MVC.

They would be natural rivals with Drake, who also play football in the Pioneer.

I don't disagree that they could be an attractive team for the Big East, eventually.

:devilish::

Why then hasn't the Big East added St Louis University? Strong Catholic market, solid facilities, decent sizes Catholic school, they have had some decent seasons in the recent history. Would be a solid bridge between Omaha and the rest of the midwestern schools in the league.
Because St Louis is a dump and creighton probably covers that market from fan sentiment

Creighton/Omaha doesn't even cover KC. Let alone all the way across to STL.

Saying the city of STL is a dump, well certainly parts of it are. Also some very nice parts and a fair bit of money in that market. No pro NFL or NBA competition.

Creighton/Omaha doesn't even cover KC. Let alone all the way across to STL.

Saying the city of STL is a dump, well certainly parts of it are. Also some very nice parts and a fair bit of money in that market. No pro NFL or NBA competition.
I was the biggest Rams fan. Greatest show on turf…they had the Edwards Jones dome
Rocking - screw kroenke

I thought when this version of the Big East formed they did want St Louis but they wanted to stay in the A10.

I thought when this version of the Big East formed they did want St Louis but they wanted to stay in the A10.
I think this is right. I think St. Louis ends up in the Big East.

In this same vein, I wouldn't be shocked if St. Thomas looks to the A10 as well.

I can't believe there's any chance in hell of that being true.

With how much more prestige the BE schools have, with SLU being Catholic, and the bigger TV contract.

Doesn't mean that it isn't true!

They had the 7 from the old Big East, and they added Butler, Xavier, and Creighton.

I think Creighton was an easy add over SLU, all things considered.

In a perfect world, you might swap out SLU for one of the other 7, maybe, but that's not how conference realignment works.

I can't believe there's any chance in hell of that being true.

With how much more prestige the BE schools have, with SLU being Catholic, and the bigger TV contract.

Doesn't mean that it isn't true!
That is the way I recall it.

Going back in time, not sure if additional money from the Big East (in 2013) would have been overwhelming to get them to move from the A10 which they had just joined relatively recently (2005) and weren't exactly dominating.

Perhaps if Majerus had not passed away, it would have happened.

Because St Louis is a dump and creighton probably covers that market from fan sentiment
"Fan Sentiment"? Creighton doesn't help you get on TV in St. Louis.

The Big East is what it is. A pretty good basketball conference with 10 teams. I don't think adding St. Thomas or St. Luis is going to make make Fox Sports and whoever else they partner with increase their TV deals by more than 10%, so I'm not convinced they will be expanding anytime soon.

Top Bottom