UST got the 9th largest donation in the history of an NCAA school today!

Wow.

One thing that can't be questioned about St. Thomas. ... they play to win. They're not in it just to participate. That's one of the reasons they're no longer in the MIAC.
They're pretty much obligated to do it to stay D1. I get your point, however. They seem to be able to snap a finger and get things done.

Gave 60 million to them back in 2005. Are they alumni?

Gave 60 million to them back in 2005. Are they alumni?
Anderson never attended St. Thomas, but the Twin Cities native who now resides in Naples, Fla., with his wife, said he long admired the institution's mission, spirituality, faculty and administration, and students. He served on the university's Board of Trustees for 12 years. His daughter, Katharine Anderson Groethe, now serves on the board and her children attend the school.

I wonder if they will enter the concert marketplace, for touring acts larger than theaters but not quite at the full arena level.

Capacity would be about the same as the Armory but way more seats.

That is why St. Thomas will be successful, they have very willing donors.
just noting that the U brought in $450 million in donations in 2022. I think the largest was 32.5 million. 90,000+ total donors

USC and UCLA bring in about twice that

that said, the U doesn't appear to have a deep pockets donor willing to put up for U athletics

just noting that the U brought in $450 million in donations in 2022. I think the largest was 32.5 million. 90,000+ total donors

USC and UCLA bring in about twice that

that said, the U doesn't appear to have a deep pockets donor willing to put up for U athletics
That link that details the UofMN giving, that is for the whole UofMN system right...not just the TC campus

That link that details the UofMN giving, that is for the whole UofMN system right...not just the TC campus
indeed. there is one foundation that manages donations to the U, not by campus

the 32.5 million recently donated was for the College of Continuing and Professional Studies which is based on the st paul campus

Can we just add a St. Thomas forum to this website so we don't need a new thread about them every 3 days on the Gopher basketball board?
The Golden Gopher Basketball Forum is where die-hard Gopher basketball fans talk about the program, upcoming games, recruiting, and college basketball.

:rolleyes: Don’t click the thread, or post in it.

I wonder if they will enter the concert marketplace, for touring acts larger than theaters but not quite at the full arena level.

Capacity would be about the same as the Armory but way more seats.
I think the neighborhood would line up to file lawsuits against that.

This is not even remotely true. If you don't follow college hockey don't make statements like this as if you know what you're saying.
I am wrong on this. I thought they were in the WCHA, but that is only the women's team. But, the top of the CCHA seems to be pretty good over the last few years and have made deeps runs, as deep as the Big10... Mankato was in the title game last year, Bemidji State has made deep runs lately.

Side-note: Mankato State made the final in 2022, the last Big10 team to make the NCAA Title was Minnesota in 2014, the first year of the Big10 conference.

Did I miss something? I thought they were going to put this complex near the old Ford plant. Do they own that site?

Top Bottom