USC roll call...

USC Student Section

Me and a couple Minnesotans will be in the SC student section thanks to some connections with the University. It'll be interesting to see how their fans react. Go Gophers.

2 people in our party, Twins Friday and Sunday also.
Have not purchased tickets yet, keeping an eye on Stubhub.
Plan to wander around and meet many people form both the U and USC.

I hope some of you come and visit the "Thundering Herd" tailgate on the corner of 39th and Menlo. White tent with smaller white flags around the border and a big sign that says "We Believe". We're just serving breakfast burritos (sad) so I can break away to show some of you the campus. The lighting of the Olympic Torch to signal the beginning of the 4th quarter will not be as striking either.

Looking forward to the game!

coming from Pasadena. 2 of us. Section 7, Row 2. Probably not tailgating much as my dad can't stand around much but we'll see y'all round!

I'm in this group and want to add that lot 2 is right next to the Coliseum on the west side.

Where is the AA tailgate? Looks like a lot of Gopher fans are going there but are looking for other tailgates near there to stop at.
With all the people looking for a tailgate to crash you guys might become very popular.

Omni Hotel is where the Sota Social is being held, I think.

Flying out solo on Thursday morning to meet my older brother , who is a Gopher Alumnus, at LAX. After that I'll follow him to the "Valley" to hang out till Saturday. See you at the Coliseum!

If you see any Dodger fan hooligans teaming up on a fat Scandanavian, at least say "hi" from your seats.

Having mostly dealt with pleasant USC fans last year, I did kind of wonder if anyone is concerned that they have a few rube fans who could get out of hand. What the fans like at the Coliseum?

Another dude and I are staying in Santa Monica. The wives will be left behind for the FB game, but they want to see the lowly Twins or Ne-Yo for some reason. I think we are in section 2, that's what I was told. And just because I played with Kiffin in HS doesn't mean I won't root against him.

Go Maroon and Gold...I bleed it!

-Traveling solo into Santa Ana Friday, then going to game with So Cal relatives. Flying back Monday morning.
-Apparently sitting in some big time USC booster's seats.
-Tailgate plans: wherever the wind takes me.

I'll be there - and as of last Friday, there were about 750 signed up for the GLC tailgate.

Coming to LA?

I was not going to go, then after reflecting up the fact that I actually went to scorching heat of Mufreesboro last year and almost expired (we Minnesotans cannot handle the murderous heat of Tennessee I've been told), then there was no excuse for not soaking up the SoCal atmosphere.
-2 in traveling party
-section 4, lower area
-plan to stop at UMAA tailgate, but also see if anything is going on to the North on Figeroa
-plan to be in SD for two nights followed by two nights in Redondo Beach

-We hoped to take a bus up from Redondo beach, but that takes 90 minutes and the cab is close to $60 each way, so we will take the rental car and park in some ramp on the campus just to north.(and moderate the drinking) I understand surface lots w/tailgating are hard to get into for single game visitors. I'll bring a small cooler just in case I can find a spot. I have some conflicting information about weather some parking might be available on the west side of the LA Col/ exp. park. area.

I hope all you Gophers coming to LA have a great time. First, believe it or not, many rival school's fans actually setup their tailgate parties on SC campus. You must be able to smack talk real well, but you will be safe, not like you would be in the SEC. Last year a very large contingent of Washington fans were positioned in front of our landmark statue of Tommy Trojan in the heart of campus where throngs of SC fans stroll across to the Coli. Empty parking lots don't exist in LA. Spots are available near the Coli.

If you are looking for an offbeat place to eat, I recommend Tico's Taco and/or Johnie's Pastrami located back to back to each other near the airport and near UCLA off Sepulvada Blvd. Of course Lowrys is famous for its prime rib and all Rose Bowl teams eat there as part of their Rose Bowl experience. If you want to go to a place that hasn't changed since I first went to LA in 1973, go to Culver City which is close by. One of my favorite places in Culver City is Yogurt Land, where you self serve among 20 assorted flavors and tons of toppings. If you are looking for something close to campus, there are a few places on Figeroa Ave. (simply known as "Fig"). You will notice Californians call there interstate highways, "the" 10, or "the" 110, not I-10 or I-110.

My daughter, who works at SC and is a SC grad, says the weather is terribly hot right now, so maybe it will be like your Middle Tenn. experience without the humidity. Perhaps it will have cooled down by Sat. on the other hand. If the wind isn't blowing off the Pacific, it can get hot in LA in august.

The Staples Center is just north of SC campus. Do not wander south of the Coli. That is South Central LA, home of the OJ LA riots.

If you want to see a live pic of SC campus and check out the weather (and Tommy Trojan) go to Fighton.com and click the link "Tommy Cam"

A cheap way (and safe) to Redondo Beach and SD is the train. My son rode the train by himself to SD from LA two weeks ago and said it was fine.

Enjoy yourselves and I hope this helps. I will be watching the game here in North Carolina. Wish I was there.

I am going solo.
No ticket yet. StubHub had a 2nd row, sec 8, but would like to have some Gopher fans around.
I have a ticket for the alum event, but will be on the lookout for the other Gopher tailgaters.
Flying from Dallas to San Diego Friday. Driving to Anehiem to go to the Twins game Friday night. Driving to the coliseum early Saturday morning. Staying in Hollywood Saturday night, celebrating a Gopher's victory.

# Traveling: 8
Tailgating Plans: We will be enjoying gopher comraderie and probably going to be stopping by. We will also be enjoying our fine beverages, we will be up at 5:57 and starting at 5:59 on our way to enjoying an epic tailgating session!

Were doing it backwards, L.A. then off to vegas to enjoy a life of uncertainty and bad decisions, accompanied by bevarges and throwing money around!

See you there to break in the college season with a "W"!

We also have 2 extra tickets!

Here Ye!

I will be at the game. Anyone know where the GLC tailgate will be?

BTW - Section 17, row 56

# Traveling: 8
Tailgating Plans: We will be enjoying gopher comraderie and probably going to be stopping by. We will also be enjoying our fine beverages, we will be up at 5:57 and starting at 5:59 on our way to enjoying an epic tailgating session!

Were doing it backwards, L.A. then off to vegas to enjoy a life of uncertainty and bad decisions, accompanied by bevarges and throwing money around!

See you there to break in the college season with a "W"!

We also have 2 extra tickets!

Here Ye!

You're headed to Vegas too!? Fantastic! Hopefully if we win we can celebrate Vegas style! If you see another Gopher fan who looks like he's been up for 48 hours celebrating, it's probably me!!

My son and I will be there. We're in Berkeley tonight and will be driving down Friday afternoon. We haven't bought tickets yet, so I'm hoping we can score some good seats from a scalper. If anyone that's going to the game has a couple extra, we'd be interested.

Trojan Princess - are you part of a Colin Coherd tailgate??? ewww. I've been in LA now 6 years and just am not a fan of Colin, but it's been great to see all the info you shared on this board of the last couple months. Thanks!

I hope some of you come and visit the "Thundering Herd" tailgate on the corner of 39th and Menlo. White tent with smaller white flags around the border and a big sign that says "We Believe". We're just serving breakfast burritos (sad) so I can break away to show some of you the campus. The lighting of the Olympic Torch to signal the beginning of the 4th quarter will not be as striking either.

Looking forward to the game!

5 of us going, flight leaves tonight. Staying downtown.

Tickets? Yeah, we are working on that...they are going way below face so we will probably snipe the best ones we can get from a scalper (assuming there's a big market?)

Tailgating: We bought a pass in Lot 6, just arrived in the mail yesterday. Stop on by, we are not hard to find. 5 recent college grads tearing it up.

Trojan Princess - are you part of a Colin Coherd tailgate??? ewww. I've been in LA now 6 years and just am not a fan of Colin, but it's been great to see all the info you shared on this board of the last couple months. Thanks!

Dear God no! Our group of fans have season tickets in the section of seats that line the tunnel, our section is called "The Thundering Herd" - "The Herd" for short. The name was given to Coach Howard Jones' physical, aggressive teams in the 1920s by a sportswriter on the east coast. We petitioned the university for that section of seats so we could stand the entire game without bothering the "golf clap crowd" we're known for, lol. Our goal is to let the opposing teams feel and hear our presence.

Both teams run out of the one tunnel, as well as our beloved mascot, Traveler.

Gopherfaith and I are traveling with Creative Charters, staying at Omni.
Section 3, Row 37
Have tickets for Alumni Assn. tailgate.

Fired up for the "Kill and Q" on Saturday!

Have a great trip and scream a bit for me! GO GOPHERS!

Ill be there tomorrow. I was at a wedding in SF last w/e, and then we spent 3 days in Yosemite. After visiting my sister in law in Sonoma, my wife & daughter flew home to MSP today. I flew down to LAX. Tomorrow I'll be at the game with my brother and his wife. Section 2,row 64. See ya there!

Top Bottom