USC may be losing a big time recruit

Saul interviewed with Calipari for a position (a favor for his father is what I was told) and Calipari almost hired him...
The comment about Saul interviewing with Calipari at UK is categorically FALSE.

Did he or didn't he? If Tubby did ask Cal to interview his son that would give me a different opinion of Cal. If Tubby was ok with his son working for Cal, Calipari may not be as “dirty" as I think he is.

Did he or didn't he? If Tubby did ask Cal to interview his son that would give me a different opinion of Cal. If Tubby was ok with his son working for Cal, Calipari may not be as “dirty" as I think he is.

He did NOT interview.

The Truth, I'm always up for good conversation and have generally enjoyed your posts on here, except when you engage in pissing matches with FoT.

Tomdog's statements are full of b.s. While at Memphis, 15 of the 18 four year players ended up graduating under Cal's watch (not including the three seniors who are on track to graduate this year). And while Cal had his share of knuckleheads at Memphis (Sean Banks, Joey Dorsey, Pierre Niles to name a few), to lump in the likes of Antonio Anderson, Derrick Rose, Chris Douglas Roberts and others as "thugs and gangbangers" is not only inaccurate but pretty strong profiling. I'm not a Cal apologist, but I hate when wrong information is forwarded to advance one's argument.

FoT, I read The Truth's comment to say that at one time Coach Cal interviewed Saul Smith as a favor to Tubby. He didn't state that Cal did so upon arrival at Kentucky. I don't know the veracity of this statement, but frankly you seem a bit overly rabid in any comment that The Truth makes about Tubby Smith or his family. I read nothing in that statement that could be construed as taking shots at Tubby.

He did NOT interview. Were he actually Truthful, I would not have to correct his lies.

I stand by my source and this had nothing to do with the an opening on Calipari's staff at UK. Amazing that was the first conclusion FoT jumped to. Evidently, Saul Smith was born with connections all over this country and didn't need any seasoning on the recruiting trail (like he got at TT with Coach Sutton) at all.

I'm just going to let this thread die because it's become too divisive at this point and not fair to Gopher fans to have their board cluttered up with it. Coolhand, if you want to discuss some of the issues you raised in that earlier post (one which made some points I think go beyond just one coach or program) I'm more than willing to in another thread.

I stand by my source and this had nothing to do with the an opening on Calipari's staff at UK. Amazing that was the first conclusion FoT jumped to. Evidently, Saul Smith was born with connections all over this country and didn't need any seasoning on the recruiting trail (like he got at TT with Coach Sutton) at all.

I'm just going to let this thread die because it's become too divisive at this point and not fair to Gopher fans to have their board cluttered up with it. Coolhand, if you want to discuss some of the issues you raised in that earlier post (one which made some points I think go beyond just one coach or program) I'm more than willing to in another thread.

i'm glad you finally took my advice

Truth,
Spark it up, what do you want to talk about first?

Top Bottom