USC fires Clay Helton

USC isn't as an attractive job as everyone makes it out to be. There are a lot of challenges to overcome to win there. They were declining from their 70s heyday until Carroll was able to resurrect them, thanks to a little outside help.

I don't see any of these candidates leaving their current jobs for USC, except for maybe Elliott. My guess is it will be someone not on this list.
I don't agree, talent is there just need the X's and O's the catchup. This is why I don't see Fleck as a fit.

I don't think Fickell goes there...waiting for OSU. He is an Ohio guy through and through.
You may be right, but Fickell is at least 5-6 years older than Day, so unless he thinks Day will move on in the next few years or is willing to wait in Cincinnati indefinitely until something happens, I'd think he'd at least consider a higher profile job. Unless he fails significantly at his next job, the door to OSU would still be open to him.

You may be right, but Fickell is at least 5-6 years older than Day, so unless he thinks Day will move on in the next few years or is willing to wait in Cincinnati indefinitely until something happens, I'd think he'd at least consider a higher profile job. Unless he fails significantly at his next job, the door to OSU would still be open to him.
I would be very surprised if he goes somewhere else other than OSU. One of his kids is in his 2021 recruiting class. He's making $3.4 Million and about to move to a higher profile conference.

I would be very surprised if he goes somewhere else other than OSU. One of his kids is in his 2021 recruiting class. He's making $3.4 Million and about to move to a higher profile conference.
I get that he's an Ohio guy and that he'd like the OSU job, but are saying that you think he's content to spend the rest of his career in Cincinnati if that chance never comes?

I get that he's an Ohio guy and that he'd like the OSU job, but are saying that you think he's content to spend the rest of his career in Cincinnati if that chance never comes?
For the foreseeable future, yes. I'm pretty sure Cinci ups his pay with another top 10 finish. Only loss last season was to Georgia in the Peach Bowl. I think Day has a pretty short leash given that Fickell is in the waiting.

Idk why Fickell would leave. One more loss ever for Ryan Day and it's his job at OSU.
OSU passed on him. A lot of guys are pretty prideful. He might not want OSU anymore after being given a bad situation to handle then sent along his way.

For the foreseeable future, yes. I'm pretty sure Cinci ups his pay with another top 10 finish. Only loss last season was to Georgia in the Peach Bowl. I think Day has a pretty short leash given that Fickell is in the waiting.
He might not be happy at osu for passing on him

twice he could’ve been hired and wasn’t.

He might not be happy at osu for passing on him

twice he could’ve been hired and wasn’t.
Would not shock me for him to stay at Cincinnati and try to keep them as the "Best CFB team in Ohio" out of spite. They technically hold that title temporarily in the eyes of the AP poll.

I would take the USC job at a dollar/year just to see the Song Girls practice every day.

USC isn't as an attractive job as everyone makes it out to be. There are a lot of challenges to overcome to win there. They were declining from their 70s heyday until Carroll was able to resurrect them, thanks to a little outside help.

I don't see any of these candidates leaving their current jobs for USC, except for maybe Elliott. My guess is it will be someone not on this list.
I'd think Fickell or Schiano would also take it easily.

Frost to USC! Get it started!

Seriously hard to imagine Fleck as a fit.

Top Bottom