USA TODAY: Dabo has 'zero doubt' football will start on time

Just Gopher It!!

Reaction score

Kind of like Trump saying that the churches will be full for Easter? August is a bit off so we've got a slight chance. Either they are going to extend the season by chopping off the first couple games or so and put them at the end or simply go with a shorter season that I would prefer.

No matter what, these coaches, reporters etc., are throwing dates at the wall like mud and someone will be right as some piece of mud/date will be correct. Not an exact science.

Hey, he took a two-bit, nothing special, ag college in a poor state, and turned it into a national title winning football school.

That kind of thing requires a lot of bagme.... sorry, I mean it requires a lot of coaching skill!

per the link in the OP:

"My preference is let's get to work and go play," Swinney said during a conference call with the media on Friday. "That's the best-case scenario, and I think that's what's going to happen. I don't have any doubt. I have zero doubt that we're going to be playing and the stands are going to be packed."

Go Gophers!!

per the link in the OP:

"My preference is let's get to work and go play," Swinney said during a conference call with the media on Friday. "That's the best-case scenario, and I think that's what's going to happen. I don't have any doubt. I have zero doubt that we're going to be playing and the stands are going to be packed."

Go Gophers!!

More....

"That's just my mindset. I've got one plan, and that's to get the Tigers ready to play in late August, early September," Swinney said. "I'll leave it to the smart people to figure out the doomsday scenarios. We've got one scenario, and that's to run down that hill and kick it off in the valley.

"This is America, man. We've stormed the beaches of Normandy. We've sent a rover out on Mars and walked on the moon. This is the greatest country. We've created an iPhone where I can sit here and talk to people in all these different places. We've got the smartest people in the world. We're going to rise up and kick this thing in the teeth and get back to our lives."

More....

"That's just my mindset. I've got one plan, and that's to get the Tigers ready to play in late August, early September," Swinney said. "I'll leave it to the smart people to figure out the doomsday scenarios. We've got one scenario, and that's to run down that hill and kick it off in the valley.

"This is America, man. We've stormed the beaches of Normandy. We've sent a rover out on Mars and walked on the moon. This is the greatest country. We've created an iPhone where I can sit here and talk to people in all these different places. We've got the smartest people in the world. We're going to rise up and kick this thing in the teeth and get back to our lives."

Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet

What a leader: Dealing with a crisis by... pretending it doesn't exist. Happy talk conquers reality.

No reasoning, no planning, no vision beyond "Follow me, I'm waving the American flag!"

This is similar to the mentality of people saying, "This sacrifice we're making is too hard. It sucks! I want my football, damnit! Let's just go back to living our lives, and let Grandma and Grandpa die."

I enjoyed reading Dabo’s take on this more than PJ’s.
I think most college football fans want to hear that the season will start on-time and with no hiccups or mods necessary. But it just does not seem realistic at all at this point. Does that mean in a month we won't have a much better idea of the scope and impact this will have on different parts of our world? Of course not. But for now we just don't have any clear idea how long this will last or if it will extend into the fall. Of course, Dabo's main responsibility is to get his team ready as best he can, so I guess this statement is kinda expected.

I enjoyed reading Dabo’s take on this more than PJ’s.
PJ was dealing with more reality than Dabo. It is obvious that the southern states aren't getting the message at all. In turn they are going to allow the situation to spread to the north all the more. Dabo could be a leader on this in the right way but apparently doesn't have the right mind set to do that.

Dabo's a big Jesus guy and folks like him have been downplaying the heck out of this, or accepting it all as fate. Not trying to stir controversy, but it is what it is.

The south could get hit really hard by this because of some religious cultural tendencies, and it's showing in state policies and even movement maps.

PJ was dealing with more reality than Dabo. It is obvious that the southern states aren't getting the message at all. In turn they are going to allow the situation to spread to the north all the more. Dabo could be a leader on this in the right way but apparently doesn't have the right mind set to do that.

Spread north? I didn’t realize NYC was in the south.

You people whose God is science are the ones who"ve losy contact with reality. Just blame Trump for everything and continue to be happy in that attitude. Trump probably caused this cold snap too! Why not restict your anti Trump comments to the "Off topic boart" and let"s talk football. Trump has his failures as does everyone, but he's not as insane as some of the doomsdayers.
Spread north? I didn’t realize NYC was in the south.

Dabo is no Kirk Herbstreit when it comes to World issues.

A couple weeks ago, PJ did an interview, and was full of positivity, despite the situation. It was inspiring. Reading his recent interview was depressing. I hope he’s still able to put on his happy face for the recruits he’s been talking to.

What a leader: Dealing with a crisis by... pretending it doesn't exist. Happy talk conquers reality.

No reasoning, no planning, no vision beyond "Follow me, I'm waving the American flag!"

This is similar to the mentality of people saying, "This sacrifice we're making is too hard. It sucks! I want my football, damnit! Let's just go back to living our lives, and let Grandma and Grandpa die."
It's a prediction... I think he knows the thing is happening.

Did Dabo tell everyone to go outside and violate whatever orders are in place?

Did I miss that in the article?

A couple weeks ago, PJ did an interview, and was full of positivity, despite the situation. It was inspiring. Reading his recent interview was depressing. I hope he’s still able to put on his happy face for the recruits he’s been talking to.

I wasn't depressed by it, I was impressed. We all know a bumch more than we did 2 weeks ago; two weeks for this thing is like Five years ago in normal time.

I like that Fleck is dealing with what the reality is now and he is having the families of the players and recruits participate in the face time meetings. It shows in his actions is commitment to all parties involved. I would be overjoyed to have my kid play for him - a true leader - rough patches show our real selves to the world and dang nabit is he impressive.

You can prepare for a football season, while being realistic about if it will occur or not and help support your player/their families if that's what your true colors consist of.

LOL! Many attacks against me and perhaps rightfully so. People in the south are still gathering etc. They will explode much like New York did. Jan Malcom said today that we won't peak in Minnesota it appears until the end of June. We're clearly not out of the woods. Well as to Trump that I didn't bring that up earlier among other things why you're saying I did?

Kind of like Trump saying that the churches will be full for Easter? August is a bit off so we've got a slight chance. Either they are going to extend the season by chopping off the first couple games or so and put them at the end or simply go with a shorter season that I would prefer.

No matter what, these coaches, reporters etc., are throwing dates at the wall like mud and someone will be right as some piece of mud/date will be correct. Not an exact science.

Trump never said that, but whatever!

Dabo's a big Jesus guy and folks like him have been downplaying the heck out of this, or accepting it all as fate. Not trying to stir controversy, but it is what it is.

The south could get hit really hard by this because of some religious cultural tendencies, and it's showing in state policies and even movement maps.

Seriously, think if we had open borders. We'd still have open borders right now if the left was in charge. I cringe, sir!

I'll take the Jesus guy every single time.

Seriously, think if we had open borders. We'd still have open borders right now if the left was in charge. I cringe, sir!

I'll take the Jesus guy every single time.

I knew you sucked, but just couldn't put my finger on it. Now it all makes A LOT more sense.

He did...two weeks ago or thereabout. He clearly said that. But whatever.

the hope was for that, but he never said it would happen.

I'm hoping they play football. The goal is to play football on August 28th or whatever the date. Did I just guarantee it?

Now Biden and ALL the left called not letting in the Chinese as fear mongering and racist. That is an example of something clearly said.

Last edited:

What?!?

I'm hoping that if everyone wears masks, we conquer CV by June. Then, we can reopen football and watch the Gophers raise the flag over Iwo Jima. Does someone have a sewing machine I can borrow?

Top Bottom