USA Today 25 coaches poll

I like that in the ESPN FPI rankings we're ranked 33 and Nebraska is 29. Good algorithm ESPN.

Things to note:

Win Division % = 43.7%
Win Conference % - 6.8%
CFP = 0.0%

Even though ranked below Iowa and WI we have a better chance than both according to this metric of winning both. WI is next in terms of percentage and IA has the lowest probability.

If we win next week i think we enter the top 25 in time for the iowa showdown

I like that in the ESPN FPI rankings we're ranked 33 and Nebraska is 29. Good algorithm ESPN.

Huh that's definitely curious. I understand formulas being off early in the year, but at this point it should have plenty of data. Not only has MN beaten Nebraska, they've beaten a team that just beat Nebraska.

The BGSU loss is a mortal sin according to a few lazy prognosticators and voting football coaches who really never bothered to check on the Gophers recent success in spite of all the key injuries.

PSU has a lot more detractors with three loses. Until the Gophers win Big Ten Title, there's no attention thrown their way.

I would say that if the Gophers win out, people will flock to them like flies on a bucket of manure right next to a bride.

Last edited:

The BGSU loss is a mortal sin according to a few lazy prognosticators and voting football coaches who really never bothered to check on the Gophers recent success in spite of all the key injuries.

PSU has a lot more detractors.
With an objective bent anyone can see why, especially considering we haven't been beating the Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, PSU, and Michigan States of the world in the meantime.

Screenshot_20211101-082613_Firefox Focus.jpg

With an objective bent anyone can see why, especially considering we haven't been beating the Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, PSU, and Michigan States of the world in the meantime.

View attachment 15054
Fair enough. Now let's go beat all the teams remaining on the schedule.

I hope that the Gophers will not be aced out of a Rose Bowl selection. That singular loss changed the national perception. The Gophers are not tOSU. tOSU have been upset by teams from lesser conferences and are able to weather it.

I think it favors traditional powers because they tend to be ranked higher sooner and a team rarely drops if they win. I do believe it sorts itself out for the most part though.
Most everything about college football favors the traditional powers.

Top Bottom