Urban Meyer on Programs going the wrong direction.

Not applicable here
Could be. Trust may be an issue. Young players have to earn and gain trust. Are guys on defense not trusting their teammates to do their role and in turn missing their assignments?
Same in Morgan fully trusting OC or his OL.

Not applicable here
Yeah what he said is being widely praised and i would say in my coaching experience it’s 100% true

Some of the time

other times you don’t have the guys to compete and you can have guys who are unselfish and working in a functional environment

I suppose that goes back to number one, trust issues. If the coaches can’t trust the players to make the play or do the right thing mentally.

I think those are truthy type situations ... but hardly addressing the complexity of runing a program and borderline simplified to the point of being irrelevant. Perticularly in 2020.

I think those are truthy type situations ... but hardly addressing the complexity of runing a program and borderline simplified to the point of being irrelevant. Perticularly in 2020.
Correct

What is wrong with the program?

Dysfunctional environment would apply to any program that’s had a single case of Covid during the fall

I don't necessarily disagree with Urban said, but he's definitely trusted some dysfunctional players and coaches to win a few natty's.

Yup

it’s really easy for a guy that already has done shady stuff so he could have elite players on his team to retroactively say that if a team isn’t winning it isn’t a talent issue....it’s an issue of trust, a functional environment, and unselfishness

Because if those were the only things necessary he probably wouldn’t have recruited those headaches

If only PJ could get his players to trust as much as Ed O down at LSU last year.

That's all we would have needed to beat IA and WI last year.

We can't be saying how great PJ's relationship is with his players and how amazing his culture is 6 months ago, but now say the opposite.
It is possible to lose the trust of someone, right? Hey, we have no idea what's going on, good or bad.
i do know players see through hollow words...as in I believe in all you guys but when only 22 play it's hollow...as a broad generalization. When PJ says we lost because we dropped too many passes that's not ringing real authentic.
Maybe everything is all perfect but we are just not very good? :unsure:

We lost a bunch of quality and experience from last year. There was going to be a drop off . Each year is a different one. They need time together and will aim for growth and improvement.I seriously doubt that Fleck is losing the team.

I didn't listen to Urban's talk, but when he talks about "trust issues" is he talking about coaches not being able to trust players to make a play? Thus changing how the coaches gameplan? To me that's far different than teammates not trusting other teammates and coaches not trusting other coaches.

I would agree with those 3 points though in general for any "team", whether it's sports or a workplace. I don't see any of them as a major issue here though. I think the biggest issue we have is lack of talent/depth. We just don't have the guys on defense. It's a Wacker-like crew (or worse maybe - we'll see at the end of the season). I don't think PJ gets a free pass for not having guys ready to step in. It's up to him to make sure we have those guys - maybe even get JUCOs if needed.

I didn't listen to Urban's talk, but when he talks about "trust issues" is he talking about coaches not being able to trust players to make a play? Thus changing how the coaches gameplan? To me that's far different than teammates not trusting other teammates and coaches not trusting other coaches.

I would agree with those 3 points though in general for any "team", whether it's sports or a workplace. I don't see any of them as a major issue here though. I think the biggest issue we have is lack of talent/depth. We just don't have the guys on defense. It's a Wacker-like crew (or worse maybe - we'll see at the end of the season). I don't think PJ gets a free pass for not having guys ready to step in. It's up to him to make sure we have those guys - maybe even get JUCOs if needed.
If you watch/listen, you would probably get your answers...

If you watch/listen, you would probably get your answers...
Wasn't in a place where I could watch and listen. Sorry to inconvenience you.

Urban was speaking directly of TCU. Yes, Jerry kill’s TCU offense. It’s cut and paste of what happened here in mn with Jerry’s offense.

Could be. Trust may be an issue. Young players have to earn and gain trust. Are guys on defense not trusting their teammates to do their role and in turn missing their assignments?
Same in Morgan fully trusting OC or his OL.
I don’t trust your opinion:)

Minnesota, Penn St., Rutgers Michigan St. and Michigan all are under the Trump hex for voting for Biden. All probably won’t win for 4 years. Sorry

Minnesota, Penn St., Rutgers Michigan St. and Michigan all are under the Trump hex for voting for Biden. All probably won’t win for 4 years. Sorry

We need not a little of this, but more, the anger is destroying me.

We need not a little of this, but more, the anger is destroying me.

The common feeling we used to to have at TCF, at the beer line, in the restroom, in or seats or in the concourse is lost. I miss those days we heard the crowd roar while missing a play knowing something great happened.

lost forever... or at least for one year!

We all are one day closer to the grave and we just missed one one of those memory bank uploads we will never get back.

All I hope is we can get ready for 2021 and a return to normal regardless of what any politician tells us.[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom