Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Paul Chryst

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Sumlin

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Bryan Harsin

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Suggesting Scott Linehan basically kills all credibility you may have had on the board. FYI. Guy hasn't coached college football in the Text Message Era.

Scott Linehan does not appear to be a sexy name on this board. Paul Allen endorsed him as his candidate and cited a source as him really having interest in the Gophers job and the interest of his family wanting to return to Minnesota to live.
I realize that he has not been coaching college football for many years.I know that texting was an important part of the Brewster recruiting strategy to land recruits. I personally would much rather have a staff that can teach them fundamentals like blocking and tackling and help them develop their skills.Call me old fashioned with no credibility as you seem to be a self-proclaimed spokesman. He has coached at :
Idaho
UNLV
Idaho (OC)
Washington (OC)
Louisville (OC)
Vikings (OC)
Miami Dolphins (OC) (hired away from Vikings by Nick Saban)
St. Louis Rams (HC)
Detroit Lions (OC) present job

He seems to have a good reputation around football circles within the coaching fraternity so I believe he could assemble a good staff who can coach up the talent we get once they get here. He certainly understands Xs and Os involved in defensive schemes and offensive blocking schemes, etc.
The Lions offense seems to be improving even with 2nd string QB at the helm (Sean Hill). He is working with Matthew Stafford so maybe he could recruit a highly rated QB high school prospect or 2 or 3 in future years.
My 1st choice is Mike Belotti
My 2nd choice is Al Golden
Gary Patterson and Mark Richt would be extremely high priced because of contract salaries and buyout at least for Patterson
I would not object to Mike Leach. However in my opinion if Scott Linehan wants this job and the above candidates do not, he should be strongly considered.
ON Google (Scott Linehan)
A writer for the Detroit News speculated on 10/13 that he may be a candidate. Jeff Horton was quoted as " Scott Linehan would be an awsome candidate".
Scott Linehan -- we could do worse -- he is more qualified than Trestman.

-- we could do worse -- he is more qualified than...

This should be the new motto for our coaching search. When the new coach is hired, I'm going to make a t-shirt with this slogan on the back: "Coach XXX: We Could Have Done Worse!"

Top Bottom