Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Sumlin

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Bryan Harsin

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

cfield23

Reaction score
Since there's been more names thrown out there and new updated posts, I thought it'd be cool to see if peoples minds have changed!

Vote it up!

If the admins turn down a Leach hire i want Golden. I don't understand how more people aren't on the Golden band wagon. I mean seriously, can we get a "Golden is Golden" chant next game?

I just don't think it's realistic... it's like Chris Peterson. It'd sure be nice, however Golden is for sure holding out for the Penn State job. He's an alum.

He was a candidate at cincy before withdrawing, and tried to get the tennessee job but it was instead given to kiffin. I've also heard PSU will hire from within their current staff. I think if we throw enough money at him we would have a chance.

He was a candidate at cincy before withdrawing, and tried to get the tennessee job but it was instead given to kiffin. I've also heard PSU will hire from within their current staff. I think if we throw enough money at him we would have a chance.

I'd be all for it! He's a great coach! My #1 is Leach, but I'd like to see Golden here if Leach doesn't work out.

After watching the 60 Minutes profile of Mike Leach, I want him even more.

My first choice was Al Golden until I saw that 60 minutes expose...I think we need some flake at the U and Mike Leach is just that guy...

I just don't think it's realistic... it's like Chris Peterson. It'd sure be nice, however Golden is for sure holding out for the Penn State job. He's an alum.

Why do people say this?

You are aware that Penn State essentially invented the concept of HC In Waiting, right? This guy would probably go postal if some one like Golden was named HC seven years after PSU effectively announced its plan to the media that he would be Paterno's successor.

Why do people say this?

You are aware that Penn State essentially invented the concept of HC In Waiting, right? This guy would probably go postal if some one like Golden was named HC seven years after PSU effectively announced its plan to the media that he would be Paterno's successor.

Correct, PSU did pretty much invent the HC-In-Waiting tag. But Jerry Sandusky didn't outlast JoePa, so we'll see what happens there. I'm convinced that Golden might be their guy.

If Leach has any succcess here, he will take the first offer back to the Big Twelve or to the SEC. We need another Alvarez or Ferentz and that ain't Leach. Trestman maybe, Chryst maybe, I'd even interview the guy at UMD.

If Leach has any succcess here, he will take the first offer back to the Big Twelve or to the SEC. We need another Alvarez or Ferentz and that ain't Leach. Trestman maybe, Chryst maybe, I'd even interview the guy at UMD.

So Wisconsin fans don't want us to hire Leach? Leach should be our guy!:clap:

Really? Is that why he was at Texas Tech for 10 years, because it's the sort of "destination job" a big-time coach considers the top of the ladder?

Why do people say this?

Wrong, he MAY end up getting the job in the end but I can assure that this has been far from decided and it definitely has not shared with the media or even with the alumni and former players.

If Leach has any succcess here, he will take the first offer back to the Big Twelve or to the SEC.

Why do people think this? He is from California, BYU and Pepperdine are where he went to school, he has coached all over the country. Aside from a brief stint at Kentucky he doesn't really have anything connecting him to the SEC, and he realizes that the Big 12 isn't the most stable situation in the world.

Regarding Penn State again, it's pretty well known that their current offensive coordinator will be the next head coach. Go to a PSU board and ask, because they will tell you it's most likely going to be Bradley.

we have zero% of getting Garry Patterson so he shouldn't be on there.

Regarding Penn State again, it's pretty well known that their current offensive coordinator will be the next head coach. Go to a PSU board and ask, because they will tell you it's most likely going to be Bradley.

First off, Bradley is the defensive coordinator and secondly a bunch of guys speculating on a message board does not count as a credible definitive source. He may get the job, but it has not been made public what the succession plans are for JoePa. From what I have been told, JoePa thinks very highly of Al Golden as well.

Al Golden, 41, Temple

RESUME: Fifth season at Temple (23-32 overall, 9-4 last season); former assistant at Boston College, Penn State and Virginia.

PROS: Played at Penn State, team captain as a senior; recruiting connections in traditional Penn State areas & ACC; has master’s degree.

CONS: Reality is a losing record in five seasons at Temple, with most of his wins coming in the MAC; if Penn State truly wants a “fresh start,” former Paterno captain and assistant coach is not it.

From Rivals ^

Most sources would tell you Harbough and Fitzgerald have just as good of a chance as Golden.

Im just saying, I don't think we should rule out Golden.

My Preference
1) Mike Belotti *
2) Al Golden
3) Gary Patterson ( Probably Pipedream)
4) Mark Richt (If he does the Tubby Smith route)
5) Scott Linehan

My Preference
1) Mike Belotti *
2) Al Golden
3) Gary Patterson ( Probably Pipedream)
4) Mark Richt (If he does the Tubby Smith route)
5) Scott Linehan

Suggesting Scott Linehan basically kills all credibility you may have had on the board. FYI. Guy hasn't coached college football in the Text Message Era.

mike_leachMN.jpg

Where's Jim Harbaugh?

He would be near the top of my list, with Bellotti and Richt. Leach close to them.

If the admins turn down a Leach hire i want Golden. I don't understand how more people aren't on the Golden band wagon. I mean seriously, can we get a "Golden is Golden" chant next game?

Golden is my #1 choice, but I pretty much leave my bandwagon in the garage.

why would leach want to go back to the big 12 over the big ten? and what makes you believe he would leave first chance he could? I would understand bolting back to the big 12 if offered the oklahoma/texas job but where else would you want to go? any big ten job is becoming a destination and the big ten network is a big part of that, just like a gorgeous new stadium, nice facilities, as well as a very good education. with all that plus a major airport I would think the mn job would be a destination for a lot of big names!

plus if a coach can have a winning big ten record @ mn, he would be considered one of the greatest coaches to ever live!

Top Bottom