UPDATE: New message board platform

I like the profile posts!
It's on the side during web viewing.
On the bottom of mobile viewing.
On the bottom in mobile view is the issue. Have to go thru it every time you want to hit the link to go back to the thread list page.

Also, I can’t figure out how you add those emoji reactions to a post (ex: sad). I see you have done that a few times - can that be done on mobile?

On the bottom in mobile view is the issue. Have to go thru it every time you want to hit the link to go back to the thread list page.

Also, I can’t figure out how you add those emoji reactions to a post (ex: sad). I see you have done that a few times - can that be done on mobile?

On mobile, you will have a "Like" if you are signed in. Hold your finger on that for a second and additional options for Sad, Mad, Etc., will show.

I never use mad. Mad is an admission of low emotional intelligence.

1. Would love to have the drop down menu at the bottom of the old format page to jump to the top page of the Football Forum.

2. Drop down menu to jump to other GH forums.

1. Would love to have the drop down menu at the bottom of the old format page to jump to the top page of the Football Forum.

2. Drop down menu to jump to other GH forums.

@hungan1 we are addressing this by adding "bread crumbs" to the bottom of the page.

AUTO PAGE RESIZING WITHIN MARGINS FOR ANDROIDS

I'd sent a private email to Gopherhole, but I thought I'd bring it up on the message board in case someone else has the same concern. My visual impairment on one of my eyes make it very difficult to read electronic pages. Sometimes, I get eye strain and headaches trying to read message with small prints/fonts.

It is even more challenging trying to do that on my android phone.

I have to zoom up the message board page with my fingers so that I can enlarge the print size. But, when I do this the page does not auto resize within the reading margins. Part of on the sentences or paragraphs fall off the outside of the reading margins.

Is auto resizing within readable margins something that can be added on? It certainly would be greatly appreciated and it will make the browsing experience that more pleasing.

How do you use BOOKMARK which is in your Profile Page? Is that to mark specific Message Board threads to make it easier to find later?

AUTO PAGE RESIZING WITHIN MARGINS FOR ANDROIDS

I'd sent a private email to Gopherhole, but I thought I'd bring it up on the message board in case someone else has the same concern. My visual impairment on one of my eyes make it very difficult to read electronic pages. Sometimes, I get eye strain and headaches trying to read message with small prints/fonts.

It is even more challenging trying to do that on my android phone.

I have to zoom up the message board page with my fingers so that I can enlarge the print size. But, when I do this the page does not auto resize within the reading margins. Part of on the sentences or paragraphs fall off the outside of the reading margins.

Is auto resizing within readable margins something that can be added on? It certainly would be greatly appreciated and it will make the browsing experience that more pleasing.

Google Chrome for Android should have an accessibility setting to adjust text size automatically. You hit the three dots then go to settings-> accessibility -> text scaling

iOS users can use Safari to scale the text. You just hit the AA button in the address bar to adjust the text size. It works flawlessly with the new board layout.

Google Chrome for Android should have an accessibility setting to adjust text size automatically. You hit the three dots then go to settings-> accessibility -> text scaling

iOS users can use Safari to scale the text. You just hit the AA button in the address bar to adjust the text size. It works flawlessly with the new board layout.

Wow thanks @GoldVision!

Even the fine print looks crisper and readable! I just need to balance and manage the font size so that I can see the texting screen.

I can put up with all the adds now that my eyes can track better!

I tried adjusting the accessibility settings the first day in both Chrome and Edge and neither changes the post fonts on Gopherhole. The only thing that changes are some post headings. Odd, and not fun to read.

Not sure if it is the new platform or not, but I no longer seem to be getting PMs from newly registered / soon to be banned posters insulting me and my family. I’m kinda missing that.

The link from the main website is to an insecure forum page. Also, the forum doesn’t redirect visitors who have http://www.forums... bookmarked to a secure page. This is easily changed by adding redirect code to the web servers directives page (like Apache’s htaccess) or your sever’s admin (like cPanel’s Force HTTPS Redirection). Note that there is currently a redirection occurring for forums.gopherhole.com to www.forums.gopherhole.com.

Not sure if it is the new platform or not, but I no longer seem to be getting PMs from newly registered / soon to be banned posters insulting me and my family. I’m kinda missing that.
I just sent you one to make you feel better.

Can they change the "Post Reply" button so it's darker and the "Preview" so it's lighter?
And / Or Swap the spots?

The option to post a reply appears greyed out like this in comparisons to Preview.

Can they change the "Post Reply" button so it's darker and the "Preview" so it's lighter?
And / Or Swap the spots?

The option to post a reply appears greyed out like this in comparisons to Preview.

Yes, we can look into that. Thanks.

Is there a way to embed YouTube videos? At times it is nice to be able to adjust the embed code so the video starts somewhere other than the beginning. Currently it seems we can only link urls.

If this is already possible please advise.

just a suggestion, but this undated pinned thread with "board may be down Monday" title could maybe use a change in title to avoid some potential confusion at this point. Either that or unpin it and replace with a generic "board feedback" pinned thread.

just a suggestion, but this undated pinned thread with "board may be down Monday" title could maybe use a change in title to avoid some potential confusion at this point. Either that or unpin it and replace with a generic "board feedback" pinned thread.
I don’t think thread titles can be changed.

Good idea. It's been updated.

Is it possible to get tapatalk support back into the forum? Or is that not an option any longer?

Top Bottom