Uniforms vs Rutgers

From the standpoint of going with a black uniform, this is the game where that would make sense given the proximity to Halloween. Wonder why they also went with black against Western Michigan. Different helmet this time around.

Alternate jersey color thing doesn't really bug me but would prefer it to be more of a once a year thing.

Once every other year. But this is as awful as many of the other "alternative" unis. Stick to maroon and gold and people will identify and know who we are, home and road games, and maybe we'll actually win a game, rather than win the best ghoulish Halloween duds.

Last edited:

Once every other year. But this is as awful as many of the other "alternative" unis. Stick to maroon and gold and people will identify and know who we are, home and road games, and maybe we'll actually win a game, rather than win the best ghoulish Halloween duds.
People know who we are and it has nothing to do with our uniforms. We're a team that hasn't won shit in over 50 years.

Since school colors don't matter, why not go full Halloween, replacing the maroon background on the helmet with a pumpkin hue? Go Ichabods!

Harvard of the North! Go Crimson!

Personally I liked the anthracite better but if If the kids like black I’m fine with it. We desperately need a W!

as I see it, there are two choices:

Oh dear, what can I do?
Baby's in black and I'm feeling blue
Tell me, oh what can I do?

or

I see a red door
And I want it painted black
No colors anymore
I want them to turn black......

I wanna see it painted
Painted black
Black as night
Black as coal
I wanna see the sun
Blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted
Painted black, yeah

I don't get it. Just wear Maroon and Gold traditional uniform. We are a bad team and maybe should focus on trying to win the game. Terrible look but it will help recruit fans and players right?

I usually prefer variations on the school colors, but I gotta admit, this anthracite scheme looks pretty sharp.

I don't get it. Just wear Maroon and Gold traditional uniform. We are a bad team and maybe should focus on trying to win the game. Terrible look but it will help recruit fans and players right?
I am willing to guess nearly anyone that needs to focus on the game is focused on the game. I don't know the process between deciding which uniform to wear but guessing it takes next to nothing away from game prep.

I don't see a scenario where Mo Ibrahim, Tanner Morgan, and Athan Kaliakmanis are sitting around having a heated debate that causes them to be late for practice over which uniforms to wear.

I find it more likely that the uniforms were probably decided sometime last summer.

Last edited:

Halloween horrors. Maroon, gold and white offer a lot of possibilities. Leave anthracite for the coal miners. Better yet, win some big games, PJ, and forget about a new fashion statement every week.

I am willing to guess nearly anyone that needs to focus on the game is focused on the game. I don't know the process between deciding which uniform to wear but guessing it takes next to nothing away from game prep.

I don't see a scenario where Mo Ibrahim, Tanner Morgan, and Athan Kaliakmanis are sitting around having a heated debate that causes them to be late for practice over which uniforms to wear.

I find it more likely that the uniforms were probably decided sometime last summer.
Your right but you never know....

There does seem to be an assumption from a lot of uniform combo-haters that practice, team meetings, classes/studies, recruiting, charity/volunteering, personal time, social (free) time are pushed to the wayside to make room for hours and hours of uniform combination meetings....Daily.

I usually love talking about uniforms but it is amazing how much less I care about them during a three game losing streak.

I’ve said it often, I thought the Kill-era uniforms were much better, but I do like all the helmet variations now.

I dislike white numbers, and the Fleck war on gold now appears to be over. Gold lost.

Not a fan, we look more like Iowa then MN, am guessing the players will like the Green and Gold unis we will wear for Northwestern, then it will look like the Vikings and Packers, Dont know how USC, Alabama and Penn St can keep getting recruits by wearing the same unis year after year after year

Maybe we should focus some energy on coaching receivers to get separation and hang on to the ball, or developing a pass rush instead of this asinine weekly fashion show.

Isn’t that color scheme very close to Rutgers school colors? There some intended trickery here? 🤔

Top Bottom