U Tix Office and 2016 Season Tix Renewals

Status
Not open for further replies.
A. Comparisons to mass suicides are hilarious.
B. I disagree. People are trying to push an agenda that they're being forced to do something, which couldn't be further from the truth. Buy season tickets, don't buy season tickets, no one cares. The price is the price, and if you don't like it, there's the door.

The quote you replied to was that it is not a donation, it's the price of the ticket. The agenda was not force . The agenda was that it's not a donation.

Serious question: Have any other alleged season ticket holders received an alleged call from the ticket office? Just curious because I've been a season ticket holder for 10+ years, and I've never received a call from the ticket office in January to discuss upcoming season ticket renewals. Renewal requests typically are emailed to season ticket holders in March. At that point, if you request to change your seat location, you are put on a list to receive a call from the ticket office to coordinate that relocation process. That call from the ticket office typically occurs in late spring / early summer, in priority order, based on your Gopher Points. So, why is the ticket office allegedly calling its ~ 30,000 season ticket holders now, long before that process has even begun?? Am I the only one not receiving this annual January call?? Does the ticket office really have the resources to contact ~ 30,000 season tickets holders every January before the renewal process has even begun??

Serious question: Have any other alleged season ticket holders received an alleged call from the ticket office? Just curious because I've been a season ticket holder for 10+ years, and I've never received a call from the ticket office in January to discuss upcoming season ticket renewals. Renewal requests typically are emailed to season ticket holders in March. At that point, if you request to change your seat location, you are put on a list to receive a call from the ticket office to coordinate that relocation process. That call from the ticket office typically occurs in late spring / early summer, in priority order, based on your Gopher Points. So, why is the ticket office allegedly calling its ~ 30,000 season ticket holders now, long before that process has even begun?? Am I the only one not receiving this annual January call?? Does the ticket office really have the resources to contact ~ 30,000 season tickets holders every January before the renewal process has even begun??

Alleged season ticket holder here who allegedly attends games, allegedly plans to return, allegedly has lots of points / ranking things (whatever that is).

No call, no email. Not even an alleged one.

I signed onto the website and it had something about a renewal or something and clicked the link and got an error....

Serious question: Have any other alleged season ticket holders received an alleged call from the ticket office? Just curious because I've been a season ticket holder for 10+ years, and I've never received a call from the ticket office in January to discuss upcoming season ticket renewals.

I had season tickets for close to 10 years (did not renew for last year) and never got a call. I have Twins season tickets and they certainly do a better job of taking care of their customers. I'm not sure it's a fair comparison though since the Twins are a pro team with what I assume are much more financial resources. Customer service was not why I did not renew though. My situation was a combination of growing conflicts (kids in activities) and cost.

In your conversation with the ticket rep, did he make mention of a plan to call ex-season ticket holders? Just curious if I'll be getting a call from the U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It never came up during our discussion so I can't say for sure but I doubt it. I got the impression they are following up with existing season ticket holders as a good will gesture along with trying to find out what is and isn't working for fans.

A. Comparisons to mass suicides are hilarious.
B. I disagree. People are trying to push an agenda that they're being forced to do something, which couldn't be further from the truth. Buy season tickets, don't buy season tickets, no one cares. The price is the price, and if you don't like it, there's the door.

You seem to. Thanks for caring :)

Alleged season ticket holder here who allegedly attends games, allegedly plans to return, allegedly has lots of points / ranking things (whatever that is).

No call, no email. Not even an alleged one.

I signed onto the website and it had something about a renewal or something and clicked the link and got an error....

My point is that I do not believe "MNGoldenGophers1" received a call either. I'm convinced he's a troll. I don't believe the ticket office is calling any season ticket holders right now.

My point is that I do not believe "MNGoldenGophers1" received a call either. I'm convinced he's a troll. I don't believe the ticket office is calling any season ticket holders right now.

why in the name of anything and all things holy would someone make a post about a fake phone call? this place can be a looney bin.

+1 Yep - Same old, same old conversation as last year other than we have a troll pulling people's strings in addition to Dpodoll. I am so glad

that I subscribe to Gopher Digest now. It has real, timely, accurate, and useful information plus sane discussions. If you value your sanity sign up now.

why in the name of anything and all things holy would someone make a post about a fake phone call? this place can be a looney bin.

The same reason someone would start a new thread to brag about dropping their season tickets and whining about the cost of tickets: attention.

The same reason someone would start a new thread to brag about dropping their season tickets and whining about the cost of tickets: attention.

Hmmmmmm....Who on this board would make "ridiculous" arguments to warrant "attention" especially about whether something is a "donation" tied to tickets?

Guess away GH?

psst...hint: "he's a better fan than you"

Hmmmmmm....Who on this board would make "ridiculous" arguments to warrant "attention" especially about whether something is a "donation" tied to tickets?

Guess away GH?

psst...hint: "he's a better fan than you"

It's not a ridiculous argument. It is a donation, not a "donation", despite what many of you erroneously believe. I don't type it to get attention, I type it because people are pushing misinformation and agendas. So many great fans that we have posting here, OP in particular.

It's not a ridiculous argument. It is a donation, not a "donation", despite what many of you erroneously believe. I don't type it to get attention, I type it because people are pushing misinformation and agendas. So many great fans that we have posting here, OP in particular.

Thanks for the entertainment! When will you address the analogy someone made about the gum?

<B>It's not a ridiculous argument. </B>It is a donation, not a "donation", despite what many of you erroneously believe. I don't type it to get attention, I type it because people are pushing misinformation and agendas. So many great fans that we have posting here, OP in particular.

Actually, the whole donation vs "donation" argument is quite ridiculous. Even for me.

If it is truly a donation, where do I go if I don't want to donate and just want to buy the season tickets for their price?

I know, funny. It is amazing the conspiracy theory paranoid schizophrenics on this board. Although I could give the U reps name and number, I don't feel compelled to prove myself to a few dopes. Given their delusional ways, I'm amused they lack the intelligence to take crazy to the next level and call the U and confirm or deny that they're contacting fans. I guess being wrong would be too much to handle. But, whatever.

If it is truly a donation, where do I go if I don't want to donate and just want to buy the season tickets for their price?

Zone 6 is not a bad strategy. Once you're inside the stadium, you can pretty much sit wherever you want. Always big swaths of empty corporate seats.

I know, funny. It is amazing the conspiracy theory paranoid schizophrenics on this board. Although I could give the U reps name and number, I don't feel compelled to prove myself to a few dopes. Given their delusional ways, I'm amused they lack the intelligence to take crazy to the next level and call the U and confirm or deny that they're contacting fans. I guess being wrong would be too much to handle. But, whatever.

But yet, you seem to be the ONLY person who receives this "annual call" from the ticket office ... at a time when the ticket office has not yet even begun its season renewal process ... Not paranoid or delusional, just pointing out the obvious truth - you are a troll.

But yet, you seem to be the ONLY person who receives this "annual call" from the ticket office ... at a time when the ticket office has not yet even begun its season renewal process ... Not paranoid or delusional, just pointing out the obvious truth - you are a troll.

+1 on the fictitious call. How bout this- I'll put up $500 and donate to charity of your choice and you give us the date, time, reps name/number. It it checks out I'll donate. You donate $500 to my charity if you are FOS.

I have a connection with the ticket office. NO calls have gone out to season ticket holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom