U of M Plane in Lincoln, NE

picking corn from the cornhusker state?

If the U of M had a plane, why don't we get reports on its whereabouts in April or June or August?

I don't think the U of M has a plane. This was one of the reasons Sid gave on the "Sports Show" that the U can't compete.

maybe a commuter airline has one done in UM colors, here in Idaho Horizon Air has a Boise State jet, and when the U of Idaho football team refused to board it and booked another carrier, they soon had one in U of I colors.

Since when does the U of M have a plane? Lol.

This is definitely just a dumb rumor on Nebraska boards.

The only plane originating in Minneapolis that has been in Lincoln today is a Delta Connection flight operated by Mesaba Airlines.

p.s. No Nebraska coordinators please.

Since when does the U of M have a plane? Lol.

This is definitely just a dumb rumor on Nebraska boards.

The only plane originating in Minneapolis that has been in Lincoln today is a Delta Connection flight operated by Mesaba Airlines.

p.s. No Nebraska coordinators please.

Can you check the private airfields in MN headed to Lincoln? If this did happen...they may not have left out of MSP.

GM

Even if the U did have a plane, they'd have to be idiots to use it for meeting with a candidate on the down low. In this internet age, any moron can track a plane. All you need is the tail number. According to my brother who's an MSU alum, the Spartan board raised this to an art form during their last coaching search (frankly, I think this has been out there longer than that). This is how the local media kept track of goings on during the latest round of Childress putting on kneepads to woo Favre.

That's why they usually rely on a discrete booster or corporate partner to furnish a jet for these things. Or you have the candidate (and/or our AD) fly commercial, and then maybe meet in a neutral location.

Can you check the private airfields in MN headed to Lincoln? If this did happen...they may not have left out of MSP.

GM

Today's Lincoln Arrivals (MES = Mesaba)

N44DA BE36 Harry S Truman Rgnl (2M1) Wed 05:46PM GMT Wed 02:01PM CDT
BTA5994 E45X Chicago O'Hare Intl (KORD) Wed 12:42PM CDT Wed 01:50PM CDT
N7744Q C310 Wichita Mid-Continent (KICT) Wed 12:02PM CDT Wed 01:15PM CDT
SKW6700 CRJ2 Denver Intl (KDEN) Wed 10:37AM MDT Wed 12:34PM CDT
N6044Z Sioux Gateway (KSUX) Wed 11:30AM CDT Wed 12:14PM CDT
N6044Z C182 Sioux Gateway (KSUX) Wed 11:30AM CDT Wed 12:08PM CDT
N511DD CL60 Lincoln (KLNK) Wed 10:05AM CDT Wed 10:47AM CDT
MES3389 CRJ2 Minneapolis/St Paul Intl (KMSP) Wed 09:25AM CDT Wed 10:12AM CDT
BTA5876 E145 Chicago O'Hare Intl (KORD) Wed 08:46AM CDT Wed 09:56AM CDT
N900NE AC95 Kearney Rgnl (KEAR) Wed 08:20AM CDT Wed 08:44AM CDT
N507HP C525 Eagle Creek Airpark (KEYE) Wed 07:09AM EDT Wed 07:53AM CDT

Photo of the supposed plane via HuskerBoard.com

post-8067-048411200%201287602607.jpg

If I put a sticker like that on my car and drive to Palo Alto, does that mean we are hiring Harbaugh?

I did have a TCF Bank Stadium sticker in my back window last year. I am going to use this opportunity to tell you all that I do not own TCF corp, or the stadium.

Tubby interviewing for coaching position?

Joel checking out the latest in red fashions?

If I put a sticker like that on my car and drive to Palo Alto, does that mean we are hiring Harbaugh?

I did have a TCF Bank Stadium sticker in my back window last year. I am going to use this opportunity to tell you all that I do not own TCF corp, or the stadium.

Do you think that decal is a 'sticky one' or one of the magnetic types.

The picture is left over from when Glen mason was the Gopher HC

Sorry-I guess mason wouldn't take a Gopher plane on a job interview

Looks like the plane of a Gopher fan.

It looks like the plane is parked in front of Duncan Aviation which is one of the largest aviation repair companies in the country. They fix and repair a huge percentage of corporate jets, movie stars jets, etc. and they are directly across from the Lincoln Airport terminals and share runways. It is likely just a plane in for repairs or routine maintenance.

Even if it is an "official Gopher" plane, why would it be assumed that it has anything to do with the coaching search? It could be a simple B10 meeting or event.

This is kind of funny. :D

I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan, and we're always tracking Jerry Jones jet by its tail number during times when he's traveling like during the free agency period and whenever he's conducting a coaching search (which might be happening very soon). It's wicked fun and can give ya a leg-up on news and speculation about what might be going on....."Hmmmm, Jerry took off from DFW and landed in Charlotte, NC. What the heck could he be doing there, unless it's to try and sign.....?" ;)

Omaha Steak run......next stop is Boise for some 'taters, then onto Frisco for some wine.

That search committee gets hungry you know.

Holy crap. They have airports in Nebraska!

I thought they all traveled via John Deere!

Top Bottom