Tyler Nubin to return!!!

What???????

This has to be his agent/NFL coaches telling him he can get way more money and be in a much better situation if he comes back and has one more great college year??
Interesting point- is this draft stacked with safeties?

Or he loves being a Gopher, loves playing with his brother and friends, wants another crack at beating Iowa/winning the west, loves being a college student, etc.

Could be any number of factors, awesome news either way.
Could be both and not simply a binary choice.

Great news!
Hopefully it doesnt put Coleman Bryson in the portal.

Exactly and this is why I am puzzled when people say players hate playing for Fleck. Guys like this wouldn't be coming back to play for his team instead of going to the league if they didn't like him as a person.
How big is this group of people who say players don't like playing for Fleck? We just had a van load of guys who just played their 6th and 7th years for PJ.

Amazing news. Huge boost for the team to have one of your leaders return for another season. Did not expect this at all.....and it's always nice to hear a guy who has NFL talent say that they want to get their degree.

This is a huge boost for our D. Our best open field tackler and the leader on the field. Glad he is emphasizing the student aspect of this decision.

Tyler and BSF are two huge pieces to the defense and offense that have options. This is big for the defense! Hopeful for BSF to come back to!

This just adds to the list of players to return when there was zero obligation to...JMS, Mo, Tanner, CrAB x2, Tyler. It speaks to the culture PJ has built...

...and to those that question PJ and his sincerity and care for the players (Martin, the jackass 'reporter' on the Norton 'story')...🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

How big is this group of people who say players don't like playing for Fleck? We just had a van load of guys who just played their 6th and 7th years for PJ.
It seems to be the players who aren't a fit - so pretty much the same amount as most coaches.

Part of being a football coach is tough love and brutal honesty, some people cannot handle that.

This years NFL draft is loaded at safety.

Next year, not so much.

This may have helped.

I feel like I have seen more buy in with the staff than any gopher football coach I can remember.

There will be players who don’t like him, but that happens to every coach.
Agreed, just makes me more interested in what happened to guys like Val Martin if every other player seems to have the opposite experience with the program. He continues to spew nonsense on twitter.

Agreed, just makes me more interested in what happened to guys like Val Martin if every other player seems to have the opposite experience with the program. He continues to spew nonsense on twitter.
PJ isn’t for everyone… including that kind of one…

PJ isn’t for everyone… including that kind of one…
I met Tyler's parents in Lincoln. They are very nice people and had great things to say about PJ. They stated the amount of commitment the team is required of during HC week is overwelming. They were not making excuses for the team not playing well but, the amount of time the players are required of off the field during the week can take some focus from the game. Whether we agree or not on PJ's approach he is trying to make his recruits into men.

Like all of you, I too was caught off guard on this one. Would have to agree with the draft speculation that next year would be better. In addition to getting a degree that is easier to get now than later. Awesome news regardless!

Top Bottom