Tyler Johnson is Picked Up by the Raiders

Think it was pretty clear that Tyler was going to wash out of the league after his 2021 season.

The more surprising thing to me is that Bateman is on the ropes in Baltimore now. Very likely demoted to the fourth spot ahead of this season.
What makes you think Bateman has been demoted? They've added more WR's to add more offensive firepower for Lamar but that doesn't mean Bateman is moving down the depth chart.

What makes you think Bateman has been demoted? They've added more WR's to add more offensive firepower for Lamar but that doesn't mean Bateman is moving down the depth chart.
They signed OBJ who is guaranteed to get 6-10 targets per game and drafted Flowers in the first round. Combine that with Andrews at TE and an offense that is allergic to throwing the ball, he will be lucky to see 2-3 targets per game.

He's about to hit his "year three breakout" but also could be a full non-factor this year. Needs OBJ to wash out and needs to play well if he wants a lucrative long-term deal.

More likely he gets traded / becomes a free agent and has to sign a one-year prove it deal after his contract is up.

Last edited:

They signed OBJ who is guaranteed to get 6-10 targets per game and drafted Flowers in the first round. Combine that with Andrews at TE and an offense that is allergic to throwing the ball, he will be lucky to see 2-3 targets per game.

He's about to hit his "year three breakout" but also could be a full non-factor this year. Needs OBJ to wash out and needs to play well if he wants a lucrative long-term deal.

More likely he gets traded / becomes a free agent and has to sign a one-year prove it deal after his contract is up.
Plus, he got into a public shouting match with the front office. That usually doesn't play well long term.

We're talking about OBJ coming off of a major knee injury (who also hasn't had over 100 targets since 2019), and a 5'9 speed receiver in Zay Flowers. He's still listed as a starter and I don't see that changing. If anything, it should help Bateman to have other competent WR's to create more space. The Vikings just drafted a WR in the first round and I don't think anyone is going to say that is going to hurt his productivity.
1684445186194.png

You know it’s 2023 right?
OBJ is not guaranteed 6-10 targets per game. You have him highly overrated.

You think he is getting 100-170 targets next year?
he hasn’t had 100 targets in a season since 2019.
He has had 100 targets just twice since 2017.

Since Bateman entered the league:

Bateman - 18 games, 96 targets, 61 catches, 800 yards, 3 touchdowns
OBJ - 14 games, 82 targets, 44 catches, 537 yards, 5 touchdowns

You know it’s 2023 right?
OBJ is not guaranteed 6-10 targets per game. You have him highly overrated.

You think he is getting 100-170 targets next year?
he hasn’t had 100 targets in a season since 2019.
He has had 100 targets just twice since 2017.

Since Bateman entered the league:

Bateman - 18 games, 96 targets, 61 catches, 800 yards, 3 touchdowns
OBJ - 14 games, 82 targets, 44 catches, 537 yards, 5 touchdowns
They didn't sign OBJ to leave him on the bench. They signed OBJ on a prayer that he will help them win a superbowl. I agree with and am fully aware of the stats you dropped.

Just saying. What happened this offseason was not a good sign for his career and he will likely be the fourth target on that roster unless he breaks out in a major way.

It was pretty easy to see what was coming with TJ and people here gave me the exact same spiel about him. Bateman is a vastly better player but his 'next contract' value has plummeted over the last 12 months

They didn't sign OBJ to leave him on the bench. They signed OBJ on a prayer that he will help them win a superbowl. I agree with and am fully aware of the stats you dropped.
Lol ok
Healthy Bateman is a WR1 or WR2
Healthy OBJ in 2023 is a role player at best.
Just saying. What happened this offseason was not a good sign for his career and he will likely be the fourth target on that roster unless he breaks out in a major way.
Strongly disagree. If he can’t stay healthy he will have a short career. But this off-season has nothing to do with it. If Bateman is healthy he is on the field more snaps that OBJ
It was pretty easy to see what was coming with TJ and people here gave me the exact same spiel about him. Bateman is a vastly better player but his 'next contract' value has plummeted over the last 12 months
Anyone comparing TJ and Bateman situation are ridiculous. TJ’s issue is speed and drops. Bateman issue has been injuries.

Lol ok
Healthy Bateman is a WR1 or WR2
Healthy OBJ in 2023 is a role player at best.

Strongly disagree. If he can’t stay healthy he will have a short career. But this off-season has nothing to do with it. If Bateman is healthy he is on the field more snaps that OBJ

Anyone comparing TJ and Bateman situation are ridiculous. TJ’s issue is speed and drops. Bateman issue has been injuries.
Four seperate people sent me similar messages when I said here that TJ had failed his tryout with the Bucs after 2021. He didn't play another snap for that team and it was obvious that he was going to get cut.

I don't think that's going to happen to Rashod. I even think that Rashod will be a day one starter. But to deny that Rashod is in trouble is the same BS that people were spinning with TJ.

He got hurt, he fought with the team's owner on Twitter, they signed a splashy new WR1, and then drafted another round one guy on a team that already doesn't throw much. He also has some servicable guys behind him on the depth chart.

He is in an awful situation and he needs a bit of luck and a great season to get out of it.

no, they didn’t

If the Vikings sign Chris Carter this year is he a WR1?
Did Chris Carter catch 21 balls for 300 yards and two touchdowns in the playoffs and win a superbowl two years ago?

Did Chris Carter catch 21 balls for 300 yard and two touchdowns in route to a superbowl two years ago?
I’m just glad you aren’t the Vikings GM if you really think OBJ is a 170 target WR1 😂

I’m just glad you aren’t the Vikings GM if you really think OBJ is a 170 target WR1 😂
You're arguing with a straw man. My point is that they didn't sign OBJ to sit on a bench. Your point is that OBJ probably isn't going to be a better receiver than Rashod Bateman next year. Both of those facts can coexist.

You're arguing with a straw man. My point is that they didn't sign OBJ to sit on a bench. Your point is that OBJ probably isn't going to be a better receiver than Rashod Bateman next year. Both of those facts can coexist.
I am not arguing with a straw man
You literally said he is going to get 6-10 targets a game and be a WR1
That’s 102-170 targets on the season. Something he only did twice when he was in his prime.

OBJ was brought in to be their WR3
WR3s play. So I guess we don’t disagree if you’re going to back off on your obscene projected stats

I am not arguing with a straw man
You literally said he is going to get 6-10 targets a game and be a WR1
That’s 102-170 targets on the season. Something he only did twice when he was in his prime.

OBJ was brought in to be their WR3
WR3s play. So I guess we don’t disagree if you’re going to back off on your obscene projected stats
Okay, let me put my belief another way that might be less objectionable. They are going to force feed OBJ the ball until they are 100% convinced that he is not the second coming of TO. He is a lottery ticket not a depth player.

Bottom line, both TJ and RB had been disappointing in NFL.

Don’t think RB will get his 5th year exercised

Ravens know they have another busted 1st round pick.

Top Bottom